Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Card suggestion for Jericho

I think it is generally accepted that Zhanna is more useful than Jericho, because of the universality of her effect. She can benefit from healing no matter what her opponent is. Jericho's ability on the other hand is more situational. It's very useful against heroes like Warriors, Gwen or Darkclaw, but completely useless against others. I was thinking about a card that would make Jericho's ability more universally applicable:

Mark of Punishment
    3cc Priest Attachment
    Attach to target opposing ally, item or hero. If attached to an ally or item, when Mark of Punishment is destroyed, the card it is attached to is also destroyed. If attached to a hero, when Mark of Punishment is destroyed, that hero takes 3 arcane damage.

What do you think? The cost and effect might have to be adjusted for balancing purposes, but I think it's worth considering as an idea.
    Kratylus - Honored Bearer of Aegis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First off, you pretty much have to consider good priest attachments as costing one less than they actually do because of Divine Connection. Second, Zhanna could abuse this just as easily by adding a couple Mystic of the Veil, since returning to hand is still considered destroyed. Which would work even better than Jericho's ability since the attachment would be in your hand, as opposed to Jericho's ability where it would be in the graveyard (Divine Connection only returns attachments to your deck if they were attached to a friendly ally). Maybe if you changed it to "sent to graveyard" rather than "destroyed."
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Maybe if you changed it to "sent to graveyard" rather than "destroyed."
    Sounds like a good change to me (I wasn't aware of that Mystic of the Vale ruling). Also it could be changed to 4cc, the cost would have to be determined by balancing playtesting.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wait, no that was my mistake. Returning to hand doesn't count as destroyed. There was a big back and forth in the Card Rulings over how Treasured Heirloom should act when attached to Radiant Wisp and Radiant Wisp is killed (since Radiant Wisp returns attachments to hand). I thought the dust had settled with return to hand counting as destroyed, but I just checked the card ruling section and it looks like I remembered wrong. My apologies.

Although Zhanna could technically still abuse it with Sever Ties and Mass Purification, but that wouldn't be as likely to be a key feature in a deck as Mystic of the Veil if it worked the way I wrongly remembered.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Although Zhanna could technically still abuse it with Sever Ties and Mass Purification, but that wouldn't be as likely to be a key feature in a deck as Mystic of the Veil if it worked the way I wrongly remembered.
    Well, I don't think 8-9cc and 2 cards to destroy one can really be considered abusing :P Sure, it can combo, but it wouldn't be very efficient I think.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i do think that jericho could use a card like you sugested it might give him more of an effective use for his ability but also i thought maybe besides detroying target attachment it can deal 1 arcane damage to an opposing allie or he can heal 1
    A1: EVOLUTION IN THEORY

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dranucus View Post
    i do think that jericho could use a card like you sugested it might give him more of an effective use for his ability but also i thought maybe besides detroying target attachment it can deal 1 arcane damage to an opposing allie or he can heal 1
    The devs have stated that the cards that have already been printed will not be changed - so I don't think it's possible for Jericho's ability to change, if that's what you're suggesting... IMHO, his ability is a bit underwhelming especially at a cost of 4 SE, but I believe the best that can be done is to provide cards that have good synergy with his ability
    Greatness, Reborn.