Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Suggestion for hunter ally

After DP got released we generally don't see much of Victor around. Imo the class cards available for him aren't targeted for his ability and the rest hunter heroes are more powerful at this moment. So I was thinking about a card that would help mostly Victor and not the rest hunters. So this is what came up (with help from BP community):

Hunting Dog

3cc Hunter Ally

Defender. When Hunting Dog kills an ally in combat, your hero gains 1SE.
    Hunting Dog has a maximum of 1 attack and ignores passive abilities when attacking

Stats: 1attack / 6health

Flavor: “I will defend my master”
    Rarity: Uncommon

What do you think about the card? Do you believe that other heroes will benefit from it as well?
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Banebow may be able to make use of him, but it would be much more difficult, I'll give you that. I'd hate to see BB utilize this, though. Gwen may also be annoying with this.

Still, I like the concept.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    Banebow may be able to make use of him, but it would be much more difficult, I'll give you that. I'd hate to see BB utilize this, though. Gwen may also be annoying with this.

Still, I like the concept.
    My thoughts exactly.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Punisher View Post
    What do you think about the card? Do you believe that other heroes will benefit from it as well?
    it's a cool card concept, but all Hunter's could use it well since they all have access to Perfect Shot, and being 1/6 is pretty tough to kill.

So, any Hunter casts it turn 3, opponent probably can't kill it yet, Hunter casts perfect shot turn 4, and that doesn't help Victor more than anybody else.

I think if you shrank it's health it would be less Op and still pretty playable... more like 1/2 for 3cc (it only a dog, after all), and give him Haste along with Defender. That way Victor could use him coupled with his ability while others would have to cast perfect shot, THEN wait a turn to cast the dog, and decide if that's really worth doing when they could play a 5cc card instead.

Most people would kill him off if you played him turn 3 with weak defense, so BB, Baduuru, and Gwen would probably never play him T3 (neither would Victor). But you could play him w/ Victor the same time you use his ability.

So yeah, TL;DR: shrink it's Defense, give it Haste.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm with graphlem, works too well with Perfect Shot as it is.

Also works well with Baduruu. Use Baduruu's ability to cast Grundler's Double, Grundler's Double has 3 attack, attack a 4 health ally and finish off with this card.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Totally forgot Perfect Shot. Crud.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok guys I guess I am ignorant about this game cos what you said doesn't seem a problem imo.

If you would include lets say 2-4 copies of this ally (instead of MA/Collector/Garg in Baduruu/Banebow or Sedu/Jas/Aldon in Gwen) in order to use it maximum 4 times then I ll pass my suggestion. I don't think that hunter heroes usually have 4xTPS in deck, but even if it is true the 4SE gain isn't so crucial after all. Also, SE gain isn't so important for Baduruu imo cos his weapons have high durability; and if you destroy them so he can cast a new one this can't apply as well cos he doesn't have a weapon to do this combo weapon + Hunting Dog.

As for BB I don't say that he will not use it (and not only this isn't a problem for me, but I 'ld like to see it happen cos who wants a card only used on a specific hero and strategy only?). But I don't believe that it could make him more powerful, because he needs to change his strategy a lot to benefit from it. There aren't many allies with 3 health to kill with his ability+this card; so he needs either IK or Furrion to do some extra dmg. Still in my mind I am not sure if it will help him more than Collector who has +2attack and the potential to increase it.

Finally, if it is changed to base on haste then it can't help Victor either. He doesn't need a weak hasted ally; he has kris/ffm already. I can only agree that maybe a change to 1/5 would be better, but I am not sure yet.

Ty all for sharing your thoughts
    Devoted Protector of the Phoenix's Ashes
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Bounty Price series: The mercenary challenge | The toll bridge | The Conq's tea
    Other tournaments: Battle of Ages | The Fighting Buddy | The War Games
    BP Bobbypim's expansion: Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Coming of Dragons
    Useful links: Colosal's guide for TO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I may have missed this thread in the forums. Sorry HP. I agree with PB.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about..

2cc
    Stats: 2/3
    Defender. Ignores passive abilities when attacking. Hunter Dog may only attack if a hunter cards is played during your turn.

Edit: never mind.. This is no good. It helps the other hunters too much, defeating your purpose.
    Last edited by Bluejet24; 08-06-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So I was thinking about this some more at work, and what if we had a card with an ability that killed allies left with one HP from Shadow Abilities at the end of your turn (works with Victor, Elad, Nish if it's a Human Ally or Victor and BB if it's a Hunter Ally). Maybe with a secondary effect. It doesn't work with Perfect Shot anymore, and if it's too strong with BB, we make him a Human ally and then he might help Nish (if he has enough HP to survive the blast, that is). Would make a neat Human Ally, the more I think about it....