Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been debating taking out the Trapsetter too simply because he more-or-less equates to -1 advantage in the early game, and in the late game is absolutely useless. I tried Ironhide Karash but found it didn't really add a whole lot to the equation - plus, the Trapsetter helps fill in my second turn with a 3cc trap, which frees up turn 3 for something more pro-active, like a 3cc creature.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStevedoreOfFunk View Post
    Rolling boulders looks really awful by itself. Maybe that's just me being a newbie, but it seems too expensive and highly conditional. You have to play the card before the fatty is cast, (otherwise it just kills you) losing potential tempo in doing so, hope that a fatty will end up being cast, and then all you get a temporary boost in tempo for no card disadvantage. But with Survivalist, it becomes a unilateral bad santa + retreat.
    Well the thing is tempo is still a very important aspect of the game, and you could easily play out a death trap once you see which card will be played. Also, being able to send out a Rolling Boulders early in the game pretty much guarantees that their first 5-cost or higher ally (which is typically a very important ally to a deck) is stalled and allows you to prepare to deal with them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStevedoreOfFunk View Post
    ...I tried Ironhide Karash but found it didn't really add a whole lot to the equation...
    What was the ally you tried?