Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gwenneth Truesight: Anti-Ally

This is a Gwen deck using three different allies focusing mainly on weapons and trap-setting. It's a little over 40 cards, so I suppose it could do with some trimming, but I've had good success with this deck despite the bulk.
    Gwenneth Truesight

Allies: (12)
    4x Master Trapsetter
    4x Dirk Saber
    2x Aldon the Brave
    2x Wendith Eagle-eye

Abilities: (26)
    3x Aimed Shot
    3x Poisin Arrow
    4x Flame Arrow
    2x Rapid Fire
    2x Death Trap
    4x Net Trap
    2x Poor Quality
    2x Bazaar
    2x Rolling Boulders
    2x Snare Trap

Weapons/Armor: (10)
    2x Soul Seeker
    2x Feathered Longbow
    2x Crescent of Doom
    2x Grundler's Double
    2x Pride of the Mountain

Total: 48

Good for gaining control against an ally-oriented deck, especially ones that rely on beefy late-game allies.

Optimal Strategy:

t1: sack, Trapsetter
    t2: sack and cast any trap (trapsetter ability), poison arrow, bazaar (typically no), or dirk
    t3: sack and cast any trap, arrow, ally, or Longbow if enemy has allies out
    t4: sack and cast Pride of the Mountain as for main draw
    t5: sack and cast Wendith, Rapid Fire, or Weapon
    t6: sack and cast Grundler's Double if no bow is out by now

Explanation:

- Master Trapsetter: Very under-rated ally that I've never seen used. Helps for a psychological control of the game and can hold its own agains Kristoffer Wyld and Fire Snake. Also, its ability allows for the placing of a Death Trap on t2. Granted not always useful, but can keep your opponent guessing later in the game which trap you put down (For those who watch the resources to determine which trap is being placed)

- Dirk Saber: Ambush ability is very helpful in taking out beefier opponents by softening them up for the final bowshot.

- Arrows are great for stalling/eliminating early allies

-Rapid Fire isn't always used actually, not always needed as I once thought, but useful nonetheless (Best when used with SS)

- Most traps are very useful at any given part of the game. Rolling Boulders helps with stalling and can be used as an easy draw

- Poor Quality: Helps against annoying weapons and armors (What Big Teeth, Snow Sapphire, etc.)

- Bazaar: Nice quick and easy draw engine

- Crescent of Doom: Messes with tempo of ally decks

- Aldon the Brave: Allows Dirk to do more softening damage

- Feathered Longbow: Paired with Gwenneth's Ability, it allows you to deal out that crucial 4 damage on t3, dealing with most (if not all) t3 allies.

Why not include X card in the deck?

- Into the Forest: I've seen a lot of people use this card, but I've never had a use for it. Always ended up sacrificing it

- Retreat!: See ItF

- Zoe Silversmith: Didn't use her ability enough to warrant her place in the deck.

I originally wanted to keep a low supply of allies in the deck, but effective use of these allies has proven helpful in the past. The traps are mostly a novelty tactic, but are very useful counters. (especially in tandem with Master Trapsetter). A little bulky I know, so any tips on which cards best to remove will be helpful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Half of your deck consists of items. Survivalist might worth a try.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Half of your deck consists of items. Survivalist might worth a try.
    x2. I have been trying a Baduuru deck built around traps and Survalist makes it awesome. It's basically IGG for a hunter. Rolling Boulders becomes a 3CC retreat that cantrips and then goes on to draw you an extra card. Plus, when you wear out a bow or it gets destroyed, you can draw another one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the way this deck works. Seems to be useful specially against Portal decks. Although I think there's too many cards, wouldn't it be better if you reduce the number to 40~41?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStevedoreOfFunk View Post
    x2. I have been trying a Baduuru deck built around traps and Survalist makes it awesome. It's basically IGG for a hunter. Rolling Boulders becomes a 3CC retreat that cantrips and then goes on to draw you an extra card. Plus, when you wear out a bow or it gets destroyed, you can draw another one.
    Definitely something worth a try. Seems like a good secondary draw engine that can be useful especially with that Rolling Boulders trick. Don't know why I've never looked into that card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
    I like the way this deck works. Seems to be useful specially against Portal decks. Although I think there's too many cards, wouldn't it be better if you reduce the number to 40~41?
    I've tried to reduce the deck size, but I haven't found the best way to do that just yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are you sure about Master Trapsetter? IMO you could do better with another ally. When I tried it, it never was worth playing although his cheap cost. He died too quick to use his ability. The main reason I ditched it though, because I was playing it in a Victor deck I didn't want to bring him back haha. You have 2 and 3cc traps but with your deck your opponent won't able to guess your traps correctly anyway even if he is watching the resources since you have different traps with same cost. The only upside to him in this deck as much as I can tell is seldom 1 resource reduction on 3cc traps which I think is not worthy enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Are you sure about Master Trapsetter? IMO you could do better with another ally. When I tried it, it never was worth playing although his cheap cost. He died too quick to use his ability. The main reason I ditched it though, because I was playing it in a Victor deck I didn't want to bring him back haha. You have 2 and 3cc traps but with your deck your opponent won't able to guess your traps correctly anyway even if he is watching the resources since you have different traps with same cost. The only upside to him in this deck as much as I can tell is seldom 1 resource reduction on 3cc traps which I think is not worthy enough.
    Master Trapsetter does die pretty often and easily, but I typically use him as more as a t1 playable card, gaining a small advantage at the beginning of the game. Also, opponents typically go for him instead of my hero because he's an easy kill, leaving me a chance to prepare on the next turn. As far as the guessing game goes, most people don't use the Rolling Boulders trap, so any 3 cost trap will be treated as a Death Trap. (At least that's how I've experienced it). Any little confusion that I can put on my opponent is helpful, keeping their mind on my traps, not my other tactics. Also, considering his cost, he's basically a utility fire snake. Cannon fodder with more purpose so to say.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Fair enough

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanWarrior View Post
    Definitely something worth a try. Seems like a good secondary draw engine that can be useful especially with that Rolling Boulders trick. Don't know why I've never looked into that card.
    Rolling boulders looks really awful by itself. Maybe that's just me being a newbie, but it seems too expensive and highly conditional. You have to play the card before the fatty is cast, (otherwise it just kills you) losing potential tempo in doing so, hope that a fatty will end up being cast, and then all you get a temporary boost in tempo for no card disadvantage. But with Survivalist, it becomes a unilateral bad santa + retreat.