Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Majiya Deck Advice Needed :D

Hi everyone,

I just started this game a few days ago and already I am loving the game! I've done a few surveys for sc and with it I made some sort of half assed Majiya deck that I want some advice to improve on.

Hero:
    1x Majiya

Allies (14):
    3x Keldor
    3x Infernal Gargoyle
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Shadow Knight
    2x Brutal Minotaur

Support Abilities:
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    4x Arcane Burst
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    3x Portal
    2x Shriek of Vengeance
    2x Freezing Grip*
    1x Extra Sharp*
    1x Shadowspawn*

*I have never actually used these cards in a game so is there anything to replace it?

I have played just a few games and lost twice with a rating of 106. I think my deck is meh okayish as the people I played did not seem to have such good decks. The main problem I am faced with is being rushed. My current strategy is to defend and attack with support abilities and then transition on to a portal based ally push late game for the win. I usually take a whole lot of damage at the beginning until I am able to set up after 5 resources or so.

So do you guys have any advice? I have 100 sc right now so I could turn that into some gold for extra cards so all suggestions are welcomed!

Thanks XD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I advise you to read this http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ayers-amp-FAQs

Take a look to guides section in that thread to find some good advices of how to improve quick your deck and your abilities.

Btw, welcome to the forum

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    if you want an ally based deck.. you should go for arround half allies, half abilties.

You can remove the arcane burst, extra shark, and shadowspawn.... cause they are not that useful.

Then you can take those slots to add more allies.

I would suggest adding 4 ironhide karash and 2 death collector or Morbit acolyte. (DC is more aggressive and MA more defensive)

Then you can replace the keldor with Death mage thadeus (because keldor is overall not the best ally.

Then your deck should be decent.
    If you then want you can swap out freezing grib for consuming fear or web. because its cheaper control
    Last edited by painful_smile; 07-28-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by painful_smile View Post
    if you want an ally based deck.. you should go for arround half allies, half abilties.

You can remove the arcane burst, extra shark, and shadowspawn.... cause they are not that useful.

Then you can take those slots to add more allies.

I would suggest adding 4 ironhide karash and 2 death collector or Morbit acolyte. (DC is more aggressive and MA more defensive)

Then you can replace the keldor with Death mage thadeus (because keldor is overall not the best ally.

Then your deck should be decent.
    If you then want you can swap out freezing grib for consuming fear or web. because its cheaper control
    This. Except for the extra shark lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for all your responses so far! The gold was used up so fast buying all of this LOL

Just a quick question, what are opinions on Kairos Doombringer? I don't seem to find much opinions about this card.

Extra Shark OP. Definitely OP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh and instead of 4x Ironhide Karash what about 4x Carniboar ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Carniboar is only good going first. Karash is much better not to mention he can tank weapons like ankle breaker, shadow vein and dimension ripper. Brutalis was the previously reliable 2cc drop and in some cases (against mages) will still serve you well, but in the current meta karash is still the best.

As for kairos, it depends on what's your goal. If your aiming for portal play then him being unique and costing 6cc will not be that effective. Better use shadow knights and you can pick your choice between brutal minotaur (old portal play staple) or the newer alternative which is furion terror.

Personally, I don't like kairos with majiya and probably see more synergy with Gravebone since he is a little more slow and would make use of Kairos defense a little bit more.

When I play majiya, I think of myself as the dreaded black witch, raining fire and lightning and through unholy portals to forbidden worlds , unleash hordes of the most grotesque demonic minions to those who stand in her way.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Zeuhl; 07-28-2013 at 06:32 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Carnibour: no.
    Either ironhide karash or brutalis.
    Carnibour just dies too fast.

Kairos.. you can use him, if you want.
    A problem is, that he is epic and thus very expensive.

But if you have the gold, you can use him instead of Plasma Behemonth. On the beginner level Plasma Behemonth is very very strong, because your opponent often cannot deal with him, once he is on the board.
    If your opponents and you become better, you might see, that he has no synergy with the rest of your deck.
    if you have to use his ability and Tome of knowledge every turn, you don't have enough ressource to cast anything else.
    Also he is not that good in combination with portal.
    So then you can swap out your Plasma Behemonth for kairos or even better: Scourge collosus (because that might also be the time where you realize, that you need some item destruction. But scourge collosus is really hard to get. He is only rarely in the market avaiable and costs a lot of gold)

Lay Line Nexus might be the cheaper alternative for item destruction.
    Last edited by painful_smile; 07-28-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ahh icic

I tried a few games implementing Ironhide Karash and so far he has been able to tank a lot of stuff such as hero weapons defending my attack. I approve

Well I guess I should start saving all my gold then LOL

Thanks for the advice guys!