Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[DP] (Moonstalker) Behemeth Reborn

The original concept of this deck comes from Ramirez Delgado. You may want to read the following great thread started by him to get familiar with this unusual play style first.

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....s-Resurrection

Now without further ado, here is the deck list.

Moonstalker

Allies: 10
    3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Shadow Knight
    3x Tiger Wulf
    1x Ogloth the Glutton

Defenses: 9
    3x Regeneration
    3x Lone Wolf
    3x Shadow Font

Controls: 8
    4x Now You're Mine
    4x Captured Prey

Draws: 7
    4x Blood Moon
    3x Sacrificial Lamb

Utilities: 5
    2x Arthyle's Crypt
    3x Spectral Sabre

The main recursion engine is still SK. In addition, Crypt provides a 2nd way to manipulate graveyard. And it can repair broken SK loop! You could sit at 8 resources if you already have Crypt in play. But you should try to get to 10 resources so that you start dropping double fatties every turn.

EA is a double-edge sword. I personally find that it kills your crippled allies too slow and kills your healthy allies too fast. Sabre and SL seem to be enough to deal with negative attachments and effects. And Tiger Wulf is just amazingly versatile, it can kill Aeon and Sandworm, function as SoV or LLN depending on your need and has built-in self-destruction when crippled. As a result, I have removed EA, Crescendo and LLN from Ramirez Delgado's original build.

T2 Blood Moon is way better than BS, even though it becomes much less useful for Ms in late game. Therefore, 3x SL are included to solve this problem. They have great synergy with Tiger Wulf and SK.

LW and Regeneration are kept to deal with Ms' nemesis, magi. T4 LW is crucial when facing a rush mage. Sabre replaces WBT, again due to great flexibility. Of course, its 2 damage also helps in some occasions. And since I have 3x Sabre, why not have a Ogloth for anti-mage fun, huh?
    Last edited by Dylan Hunt; 07-27-2013 at 05:40 PM.
    Captain Hunt of the High Guard
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP DylanHunt

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks solid. It's a bit different than mine, so I'm gonna try this one later

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why Wrath of the Forest and no SK?

No sense this makes

I would also probably only run a singleton Lone Wolf and run more Regenerations instead. 4 Tiger Wulf also seems a bit interesting to me. Why 4 and not 2-3? I don't see why you would need one as soon as possible because chances are you need to protect it for it to trade 2-for-1. Is there really that much value to be gained? Not to mention you do have Arthyle's Crypt (which I guess is why you run no SKs) so you only really need to draw 1 or 2.

Seems a bit odd to me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Why Wrath of the Forest and no SK?

No sense this makes

I would also probably only run a singleton Lone Wolf and run more Regenerations instead. 4 Tiger Wulf also seems a bit interesting to me. Why 4 and not 2-3? I don't see why you would need one as soon as possible because chances are you need to protect it for it to trade 2-for-1. Is there really that much value to be gained? Not to mention you do have Arthyle's Crypt (which I guess is why you run no SKs) so you only really need to draw 1 or 2.

Seems a bit odd to me.
    Good questions.

1) Tiger Wulf is not instant ID. It has to survive to function as ID. Chances are the first couple of Tiger Wulf will just get disabled or killed right away. So I found 3 not reliable enough, especially when you want to get rid of that T4 draw engine fast. Also, Aeon and Sandworm can be killed by Tiger Wulf. CP doesn't work well these days.

2) Good point on LW and Regeneration, I will try 2x LW and 3x Regeneration. But 1x LW seems to be too random. This is not Enrage. It doen't help much if you draw it when Ms is almost dead.

3) WotF allows you to see new cards from your deck. Both SK and Crpyt only give you cards you have seen. And WotF and Crypt kind of cover for each other.

4) I guess 3x Crypt can be replaced with 3x SK. But I do think that makes the resource curve of this deck tail heavy. So you probably want to drop WotF and add more SL and BS.
    Last edited by Dylan Hunt; 07-26-2013 at 04:55 PM.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hunt View Post
    Especially when you want to get rid of that T4 draw engine fast.
    Why?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why?
    Even when going first, you can only play Tiger Wulf on T5 and use its ID ability on T6. What if you don't have it by T5 and what if your 1st Tiger Wulf is killed? By the time you can use Tiger Wulf's ability, opponent already gets enough value out of his T4 draw engine.

So ideally I want to T4 WotF -> T5 Tiger Wulf -> T6 Tiger Wulf's ability on draw engine, attack for 4 and then SL on Tiger Wulf. Yes, Wotf can be destroyed, and yes, Tiger Wulf can be killed, but opponent need to spend a lot to do either, and probably nothing else when doing both.

Does that answer your question?
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Seem's like this deck is auto loss vs Mage...? Prove me i'm wrong.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Hunt View Post
    Even when going first, you can only play Tiger Wulf on T5 and use its ID ability on T6. What if you don't have it by T5 and what if your 1st Tiger Wulf is killed? By the time you can use Tiger Wulf's ability, opponent already gets enough value out of his T4 draw engine.

So ideally I want to T4 WotF -> T5 Tiger Wulf -> T6 Tiger Wulf's ability on draw engine, attack for 4 and then SL on Tiger Wulf. Yes, Wotf can be destroyed, and yes, Tiger Wulf can be killed, but opponent need to spend a lot to do either, and probably nothing else when doing both.

Does that answer your question?
    No, it doesn't.

Is there a specific reason for you to beeline the t4 draw engine?

Also it still doesn't really explain why you have WotF. It won't draw that much for you as you have a decently hard time keeping the threats rolling.
    Last edited by Airact; 07-26-2013 at 08:53 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, it doesn't.

Is there a specific reason for you to beeline the t4 draw engine?

Also it still doesn't really explain why you have WotF. It won't draw that much for you as you have a decently hard time keeping the threats rolling.
    I see. You really don't like WotF.

Then an alternative setup can be -3x WotF, -2x Crypt, then +4x SK, +1xSL. This basically goes back to the SK loop used by the original 1.5 deck. It should work too.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuequi View Post
    Seem's like this deck is auto loss vs Mage...? Prove me i'm wrong.
    Against typical KPA then draw-n-burn Mage?

NYM on Aldon to control damage, CP on TO or allies with TH to stop draw, play LW ASAP.

After that, use PB to force nova, that's 5 to mage and 3 to you thanks to LW. When you are near death, use each Regeneration to cancel the damage from a Fb.

Mage is never easy for Ms. But if opposing mage wastes a Fb on PB or your PB sticks and throws a Fb back, you got a chance. Eladwen is without a question the worst mage to face due to her ability.
    Last edited by Dylan Hunt; 07-27-2013 at 03:08 AM.
    Greatness, Reborn