Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

GB Dark Reanimator

hi Guys,

if you have a minute (or two), have a look at my latest GB build. Any ideas are more than welcome:

1x Gravebone (...can't help it)))))

Minions:

4x Ironhide Karash
    4x Twisted Familiar
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus

Mean Machines:

3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Shadow Knight
    3x Ogloth the Glutton

Abilities:

4x Fireball
    3x Lightning Strike
    3x Tome of Knowledge
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    3x Portal
    2x Supernova
    2x Dagger of Unmaking

...and here is how its all supposed to work:

Karash: to keep dmg off me in early game (GB's biggest weakness)
    Familiar: with its ability it's more than just an ideal target for SacLamb and even more valuable once Oggy gets into play
    DMT: direct dmg is always handy especially with no weapon/armor removal
    PlasmaB: sort of shield, big threat that requires immediate attention (dmg off me, use ability to bring him back once another beast is ready)
    ShadowK: looping himself provided i'm lucky enough to get 2 of them, saving SE, what more to say
    Oggy: although i doubt i will ever get to play it the way i want to as its another immediate target, i just love the idea of wiping the board with Nova once he is in play - my biggest worry is Ele's Mind Control
    Dagger: i used it in my last build and it was really usefull, but i might reconsider using something that goes more with the flow of this deck, as right now its another 5cc and i guess i dont get to play it too often

...so basically, i'm trying to survive the early game with Karash,Strikes and Fireballs and accumulate some SE, then throw in one of the beasts to drag attention, bring it back with GB's ability once its killed, cast Portal same turn and then just keep throwing more and more BigBadassBoys

as i said, any ideas are more than welcome, especially regarding the Dagger, had two of those so went for them, but im more than willing to replace

thx to everyone

Last edited by 4Ak; 07-23-2013 at 05:11 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    x8 2cc allies might be a little too much.

I'd reduce it to x4 or x5 and add x4 3cc allies like Gargs
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    x8 2cc allies might be a little too much.

I'd reduce it to x4 or x5 and add x4 3cc allies like Gargs
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Alright. You have too many 2cc allies and too few 3cc allies.

Also, Kairos is damn awesome. Try using him 2x and Ogloth 2x, or something like that if you want to use Ogloth. You can't forget that Ogloth is unique, so having him 3x will often result in you having multiples of him without being able to play him.

I'm also not entirely sure if you should be using Portal, since you have almost no strong allies from the get go, except Shadow Knight.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    I'm also not entirely sure if you should be using Portal, since you have almost no strong allies from the get go, except Shadow Knight.
    I agree, this doesn't really look like a Portal build, I'd either focus around Portal or just dump it and go for control
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    thx 2 all!

-3 Portals
    -1 Karash
    -1 Familiar
    -1 Oggy

+1 FB
    +2 Doombringers
    +3 Gargoyles

@graphlem: if i want to stick with Portal (or better, try to make Portal-based deck), can u pls give some advice? from the above i think it would require more 5cc. i have a pack of Molten Destroyers ready from another build and also some Furion Terror buddies, so would replace Familiars and dump the Dagger for them two...to start with

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ...so, made some adjustments to the initial deck and got this:

4x Twisted Familiar (dropped Karash as TF is in this deck better from all perspectives - early rsrc renewal to allow 3cc ally+ToK in t3, deal 1dmg+draw 3 cards with SacLamb and later - well, at least food for Oggy)

3x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus

2x Shadow Knight (figured that 3rd Dagger is bit more handy in this build and so far it worx well, although i might reconsider)

3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Molten Destroyer

2x Ogloth the Glutton
    2x Scourge Colossus (initially i went for Kairos that i had bought for my earlier builds, but then switched to SC mainly due to no weapon/armor removal)

3x Fireball
    3x Lightning Strike

3x Dagger of Unmaking

3x Tome of Knowledge
    3x Sacrificial Lamb (...as it just pairs so well with Familiar and GB as such due to his ability)

2x Sever Ties (as a replacement for Supernova most of all because i hardly ever got to use it and on the other hand often ended up with crippled/disabled Oggy and with ST i can let him sit there unattended'n'growing and remove the attachment from him in order to deal final blow)

...won 8 out of last 10 games, lets see how it goes today

i reckon i'll struggle against human-rush due to the early dmg i can hardly prevent, but we'll see, so far it was great against weapon-based decks as well as elementals, also won one or two against wulven solo

...i dropped Portal mainly coz i must agree with the above comments that it simply makes no sense in this kind of deck, and also to make some more space for fatties - its just such a great fun once i make it to 5+ resources and start dropping them)), will check out some portal decks on forum and try to find games where people use them to get the idea how is it meant to work and maybe give it another go later.

again, thx 4 all your comments - appreciated

Last edited by 4Ak; 07-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ak View Post
    @graphlem: if i want to stick with Portal (or better, try to make Portal-based deck), can u pls give some advice? from the above i think it would require more 5cc. i have a pack of Molten Destroyers ready from another build and also some Furion Terror buddies, so would replace Familiars and dump the Dagger for them two...to start with
    Yup, that would be a good start -- Portal works best with the 5CC guys (or Colossus if you have him). My favs are Shadow Knight and Colossus, but Furrion is sweet too, since he essentially hits for 6 when he's played. For Portal builds I usually just play a delay game the first 3 turns (Web, Fireball, etc...) and skip all the 3CC guys except DMT, then drop portal, then pound on T5 and 6.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Also, Kairos is damn awesome. Try using him 2x and Ogloth 2x, or something like that if you want to use Ogloth. You can't forget that Ogloth is unique, so having him 3x will often result in you having multiples of him without being able to play him.
    Yes we priest players hate to see GB with Kairos
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Yes we priest players hate to see GB with Kairos
    Never think about that combination before this. Would be very bad for my retreat and banish loving Jericho.