Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Pretty much from this post:

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post402990

to the last post closed by Demnchi.
    Yes, sorry I had closed the thread a few posts early it seems, so my bad guys (can't be prefect). The way I was asked seem pretty urgent so I closed the thread without having read it yet to prevent it from getting out of control while I was catching up.

Either way, I really appreciate the more civil approach and responses by the people here... aside from gondorian upping his post count the incorrect way.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Raph's post has made me notice that banned rhymes with hand.

My tourneys are all sponsored by Sam, so the rulings are at my hand. Test me and you will be banned, all the matches played will be scanned. No cheating or missing of deadlines would be grand. I like when they play out as planned.

I might turn this into my tourney thread template.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Jazz-
    If you review my post carefully you will see that I was responding to nMer who was pointing out that Savage was being hypocritical. I was agreeing with nMer's observation but stating that I didn't think that that...or any of the evidence presented was grounds for a lifetime ban from Wulven sponsored events. Nothing in the post was a personal attack or a slight against you in any way. In fact, it specifically makes a note of how difficult a job TO's like you and Nahar have adjudicating all the petty squabbles of players. The fact that you have a different opinion about how those rules of conduct should be administered than me (or Nahar, Mip, or Gondorian) does not mean I disrespect you or your efforts in general.

You seem to be a pretty sensitive guy so please don't take the following small piece of advice as an insult. I think it would be helpful for you if you developed a slightly thicker skin. All I did was respectfully disagree with you. I don't think using an expletive warrants a lifetime ban...nor do I think you or any other TO should be granted that power (with regards to Wulven sponsored events). If a derogatory racial, sexual, religious, or ethnic slur was used...then that would be a more serious issue (and if that was the case...I apologize on behalf of BP)...but I don't think casting yourself as the victim and claiming that truth and god are on your side is helping the perception that you overstepped your authority a little bit.

To reiterate...I never called you a hypocrite or expressed anything personal towards you.
    I hope this clarifies some things. Apologies if my original post was unclear.

For reference post #240 an #244
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ence%29/page25
    Last edited by Oblio91; 07-22-2013 at 07:07 PM.
    Courageous Wanderer of the Pointless Forest
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay I guess Ill just tell my side of the story.

I was already irritated by some of Jazz's decisions in the XXX randomizer. Such as giving Deja Vu a free win without consulting me or even trying to figure out if I was contacted to play. Afterwords, Jazz tried to do the same thing, (give a free win) to Gondorian. Good thing GDC has some honor to not take a free win and tell Jazz what was going on and why we could not play and that we scheduled our game early the next day. What I didn't like was that Jazz said that the reason he was gonna give Gondorian the Free Win was because of my "Behavior" in past tournaments. That reasoning really threw me off because for one who are you to judge my behavior and 2 this was my first entry in any of Jazz's tournaments. This is not the incident at hand but it is what lead up to it along with Jazz accusing me of exploiting a bug in my first game Vs Gondorian.

So now I'm already irritated with Jazz but I don't say anything. It's me and SamuelJ to play next and we already made our schedule to play ahead of time 5 days before our deadline.

The same day me and Samuel were planning to play I was on irc afk. When I returned I saw I had 3 querys from 3 different irc names that I never heard of asking me if me and Sam were going to play our game. All the accounts were no longer online. Few minutes later I received another query by another completely random name I never heard before.

Random name: Are you and SamuelJ going to play your match today?????

Me: Who r u

Random name: TO

Me: Why do you keep spamming me with different names?

Random name: Why don't you just answer my question??

Me: Fuck off

Random name: That is Rude!

Me: So is spamming me with a bunch of different account names

Him: You are DQed from the xxx tourney and will receive a notification shortly.

/conversation

After that no other words were said except for what's published on the XXX thread and also the Krazy Randomizer thread.
    IGN: Master Savage
    - 1st Place in 7/26/13 BP Challenge Tournament #7
    - 1st Place in 6/13/12 Pop-Up Tournament.
    Un-official Tournament Organizer.
    Ranked 2nd in Minnesota for Yugioh.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisSAVAGE View Post

I was already irritated by some of Jazz's decisions in the XXX randomizer. Such as giving Deja Vu a free win without consulting me or even trying to figure out if I was contacted to play. Afterwords, Jazz tried to do the same thing, (give a free win) to Gondorian. Good thing GDC has some honor to not take a free win and tell Jazz what was going on and why we could not play and that we scheduled our game early the next day. What I didn't like was that Jazz said that the reason he was gonna give Gondorian the Free Win was because of my "Behavior" in past tournaments. That reasoning really threw me off because for one who are you to judge my behavior and 2 this was my first entry in any of Jazz's tournaments. This is not the incident at hand but it is what lead up to it along with Jazz accusing me of exploiting a bug in my first game Vs Gondorian.

So now I'm already irritated with Jazz but I don't say anything. It's me and SamuelJ to play next and we already made our schedule to play ahead of time 5 days before our deadline.

The same day me and Samuel were planning to play I was on irc afk. When I returned I saw I had 3 querys from 3 different irc names that I never heard of asking me if me and Sam were going to play our game. All the accounts were no longer online. Few minutes later I received another query by another completely random name I never heard before.

Random name: Are you and SamuelJ going to play your match today?????

Me: Who r u

Random name: TO

Me: Why do you keep spamming me with different names?

Random name: Why don't you just answer my question??

Me: Fuck off

Random name: That is Rude!

Me: So is spamming me with a bunch of different account names

Him: You are DQed from the xxx tourney and will receive a notification shortly.

/conversation

After that no other words were said except for what's published on the XXX thread and also the Krazy Randomizer thread.
    Assuming the above is true, that's pretty funny. LOL.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nobody was even defending Savage being rude at all, just that the ban seemed too extreme.
    EDIT: I just read Savage's post, what.

It was not a personal matter, as I've told BDK, I just reacted disapprovingly to something I did not feel was right. I didn't want to support a tourney that makes up rules on a whim without consulting the sponsors first, and nobody else seemed to comment on it, so I simply voiced my opinion. It was not meant to underrate anyone or be offensive.

More importantly, +1 post count s
    because my other ones got deleted.
    Last edited by Zigbigwig; 07-22-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think one lesson to learn here is that if you are the TO, then you should not approach people as TO in stealth mode. We register nicknames for a reason. Anyone could have been claiming to be the TO there.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I think one lesson to learn here is that if you are the TO, then you should not approach people as TO in stealth mode. We register nicknames for a reason. Anyone could have been claiming to be the TO there.
    +1. Makes Sense. Nitez people. Glad this is my last post.

(Yeah, +1 post count)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Assuming the above is true, that's pretty funny. LOL.
    That's actually hilarious.

Also, my computer just decided to BSOD on me right after I finished reading this thread. I think it wanted to send a message.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by whoisSAVAGE View Post

I had no intentions to get involved anymore in this, but since you couldn't resist to drag my name into your DQ, I must say the following:

First of all, you are by no means anybody to me to question my "honor". I've done what I was supposed to do as a participant in any tournament and tried to contact my opponent for my next game. You, despite being active on the forums on a daily basis, chose to ignore my PM for whatever reason you had as your post on the thread indicated.

Just looked through my inbox, I guess I missed your 1 message, it got buried under PMs for the gunslinger tournament I'm hosting. Next time why don't you try to contact me more than 1 time... Or even drop me a query on irc since I'm online almost everyday and I always see you instead of just taking the free win.
    Not only have you completely ruled out the possibility of you failing to notice my PM, but you also came up with a ridiculous excuse of having my PM "buried" under others, which is pretty ironic as you've shown that you don't bother to read the messages in your inbox. Or did you completely miss the forum notification of my PM that won't go away until you open it?

IMO, this whole situation kicked off because of your personal vendetta against the TO. You were butthurt you got a rightful auto-loss for failing to respond to your opponent and laid it out on him on IRC.

Jazz, I'm completely on your side and wish you don't quit hosting more Randomizer tournaments. Don't let such a low individual ruin this fun tourney series for you and the community.
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply