Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'll post my Zhanna deck later when im not on my iPod, but the basics are as follows.

4 Sandra
    2 Aldon
    2 Aeon

Plagues, resurrect, retreat, wizent staff, smite, and tidal wave. Early board control and stall with her life gain. I usually get down to about 10 life before I get a lock down. Drop a couple early Sandras or a Sandra and Aldon. Or even just a turn 6 Aeon, and then plague and then just continue to try to rape their resources w Sandra and plague. Just like the old MTG Ernham Djinn/Armageddon decks. Same concept.

It wins about 70% going first, and about 40% going second. Below 350 it wins more than that, of course. A very fun deck, just not quite tier 1.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    why can't i buy mournblade from the mechant with my priest deck?????

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsinner View Post
    why can't i buy mournblade from the mechant with my priest deck?????
    It's a bug, right now you have to own a warrior hero to buy it
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a current bug. I think if you buy a Warrior hero, you'll be able to buy Mournblade.

EDIT: L-ladies first.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 04-05-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: add edit comment

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Zhanna

4x Sandra Trueblade
    2x Aldon the Brave
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Tidal Wave
    2x Destroy Arms
    3x Resurrection
    3x Plague
    4x Smite
    4x Retreat
    3x Rain Delay
    3x Wizent Staff

The Rain Delay, and probably the fourth Tidal Wave are mostly there as early throwaways for resources. However, Rain Delay can be key from time to time, late game, and so it's got some functionality in the deck.

Mostly, the idea is to get 2-3 allies on the board and then Plague away resources and/or Sandra them. Ideally it's a turn 4 Sandra, turn 5 Sandra, turn 6 Plague. That usually seals the deal for them, because even if they can recover, I'm certainly in the power position.

Going first REALLY helps with this deck, ESPECIALLY against shadow, because if they start HBMing me before I can Sandra/Plague them, then the rhythm of the deck is seriously compromised. As such, it's not a strong tier 1 deck. To me, if you HAVE to go first to win a majority of games, there's a fundamental issue with the deck.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That seems to be a consistant issue with priest. You can either play it as a control deck with some really good utility, in which case plague is likely to set you back just as much as it does them since a lot of your key cards like Tidal Wave are high end and you gain nothing by playing it, or you beat face and plague so they can't catch up which relies on you going first. Trying to mix the two into one deck results in some weird inconsistancies. Sandra helps a lot in allowing you to play both ends of the spectrum but you also lose the consistancy of just comitting to a strategy. Opting for a midrange (like above) tends to work when it wants to but is also really prone to bad draws. Priest has some of the best utility (destroy arms, tidal wave, staff) but none of it fits together.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, when they fix Cobraskin Wraps to have the right in-game casting cost, this deck will shift and I think be a bit more solid.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfan, I think you just hit the nail on the head. It's why I asked about successful compositions. I feel as though their utility SHOULD be awesome, but the synergy isn't there. Like say compared to Elemental.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Yeah, when they fix Cobraskin Wraps to have the right in-game casting cost, this deck will shift and I think be a bit more solid.
    I actually think it doesn't even need this, and I'm not even sure wraps will be an autoinclude. I think that all this deck really needs to be Tier 1 is for Elemental to be nerfed, because it can have a terrible time against both Zaladar and Elementalis if it goes second or with bad Transferences / Mind Controls if you dont get an early lockdown on resources, but really good matches against mostly everything else.

My Zhanna deck looks like this at the moment:

4x Blake
    4x Aldon
    4x Sandra
    2x Aeon

4x Retreat
    4x Resurrection
    4x Smite
    3x Tidal Wave

It's pretty tight and gives lots of decks fits. If only Priest had some good card draw (no, Wizent's Staff is not good card draw).
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's basically what I was running for awhile Calmdown + a few cards - some others. I just couldn't get her to be as consistent as I liked. I could have been making bad plays with her though.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.