Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is this game dead? (physical)

I'm just wondering if this game is pretty much dead?

I have physical cards sitting in my closet collecting dust. I couldn't even convince my friends to touch the game after I gave them a bunch of free cards.
    It's just not that interesting (or fun) of a card game to me and the people I know compared to other games we play (magic, yugioh and legend of the 5 rings mainly).

I have zero excitement over getting the new cards...that Wulven said would be shipped in july (lols what a joke). They'll either end up in my closet as well, or more likely they'll end up on ebay.

And even the online/mobile game isn't fun for me anymore. It was exciting at first cause it was such a well done card game and I was just so excited to be able to play it on my ipad.
    But the novelty has worn off and I fit in 1, maybe 2 games a month anymore. There's just much more enjoyable ways for me to pass the time on my ipad and iphone these days...and the longer I play shadow era, the more I realize how much it lacks compared to the other card games I enjoy.

Meh...am I just a complete troll?
    I feel bitter. I don't know how clearly it's coming across in my posts...but I assume it's pretty clear.
    I wanted to love this game...but in the end it's left me just bitter.

Is it just me?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You mad bro?

But truthfully it can wear on you but it always sucks you back in lol. New screen name since I left right after CotC went physical and I am just now coming back.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol I am a little mad. And I don't even know exactly why!
    >.<'

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....13!-(Next-Wed)
    Look! they are having fun with physical cards!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play regularly with 4-5 other guys at work. I had to work hard to get them involved however, but now they're keen

We are desperately awaiting Dark Prophecies however.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No it is not dead and I think it will grow soon.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would not say that the game is dead but I don't think the physical version will ever rival yugioh, magic or really any of the big card games today. That is because shadow era was made to be an online card game and only that. Sure it can be played in person but there are annoying things about it when you think of it as a physical game. Here is one big example, you can only ever play on your turn in shadow era. As a online card game this is a good thing. If there were instants or trap cards then every turn would take too Long and just be impractical to play (people already complain about he timer being too long, think about it). But for a physical card game the ability to play instants or traps is a large part of the game as it makes he game more interactive, see what I mean? There many more examples including Heath counters and keeping track can be a hassle and the lack of "phases" makes the game a little less organized. Please don't get his wrong, I love shadow era and think it is he best online ccg or tcg around, but I just don't think it was ever meant to be a physical card game. If anyone sees a flaw in my logic then feel free to make fun of me cause I tend to miss things
    Last edited by recluse; 07-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    i think most people buy the physical cards only for digital bonuses.
    Yep, that's why I pre-ordered, to be honest.

However, after reading through the recent Singapore meetup thread, it did give a bit more faith in the physical game. We'll see what happens.
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by recluse View Post
    I would not say that the game is dead but I don't think the physical version will ever rival yugioh, magic or really any of the big card games today. That is because shadow era was made to be an online card game and only that. Sure it can be played in person but there are annoying things about it when you think of it as a physical game. Here is one big example, you can only ever play on your turn in shadow era. As a online card game this is a good thing. If there were instants or trap cards then every turn would take too Long and just be impractical to play (people already complain about he timer being too long, think about it). But for a physical card game the ability to play instants or traps is a large part of the game as it makes he game more interactive, see what I mean? There many more examples including Heath counters and keeping track can be a hassle and the lack of "phases" makes the game a little less organized. Please don't get his wrong, I love shadow era and think it is he best online ccg or tcg around, but I just don't think it was ever meant to be a physical card game. If anyone sees a flaw in my logic then feel free to make fun of me cause I tend to miss things
    There are a lot of benefits to only taking action on your own turn. Ever played Chess?

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol I have NO idea why I'm so bitter with this game.
    It's not like anyone is forcing me to be involved in it.
    bleh >.<'
    I'm just a confused little troll.

I just recently put a bunch of money into another well established card game (legend of the five rings)...and now looking back on this game (especially the physical version) just seems like a waste of time to me. For me personally I can't see myself wanting to play shadow era...which I consider a mediocre card game, when there's just much better games out there for me.

But...why am I here complaining? /sigh...
    I guess I just needed to vent?