Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Algork View Post
    What would you cut to make it 40 cards including hero ?
    I've recently had success with this deck by removing the 2 Smashing Blows, which brings it down to 39+hero. Haven't done extensive testing to make sure that that change is for the best, but I haven't been facing enough weapon/armor based decks in the meta recently for the Smashing Blows to make a difference.

Most of the other weapon-centric decks I've been facing lately are other Ambers, and with this deck I've generally been finding that I would rather play another ally against another Amber than to SB her weapom.
    Last edited by QuantumNinja; 08-12-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I must thank you for this deck, I have had a lot of success with this amber deck
    also, I replaced the three heirlooms with two oracles, one because I wanted more allies (I seem to never draw enough early game), and I don't want to farm 1.5k gold for heirlooms :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumNinja View Post
    I've recently had success with this deck by removing the 2 Smashing Blows, which brings it down to 39+hero. Haven't done extensive testing to make sure that that change is for the best, but I haven't been facing enough weapon/armor based decks in the meta recently for the Smashing Blows to make a difference.
    I'm just going to point out that the 2 Smashing Blows are generally not for opposing weapons. They are to deal with things like King's Pride, Snow Sapphire, Morphic Armor and Wrath of the Forest, cards which if left alone will ruin you.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What PB said

And Tainted Oracles work as well

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I'm just going to point out that the 2 Smashing Blows are generally not for opposing weapons. They are to deal with things like King's Pride, Snow Sapphire, Morphic Armor and Wrath of the Forest, cards which if left alone will ruin you.
    Oh, I agree with you. I definitely agree that those armors are all high priority targets for item destruction. I was just pointing out that, for some reason, in the past month or so I've literally faced close to no decks in QM that feature any of those items, so I've been experimenting with ways to take advantage of that.

It's literally been at least three weeks since I've faced a hunter in QM (so no WotF to worry about). I think I've seen one mage all season running Snow Sapphire. King's Pride and Morphic Armor I've seen a fair amount, but the overwhelming majority of decks I'm facing lately are Majiya, Amber, and Eladwen. Almost everyone I'm facing is focusing more on a rush-style approach lately, and almost every time I find myself drawing a Smashing Blow, I'm finding I don't need it. This is drastically different than a month ago, before I noticed a very distinct shift in the kinds of decks I was facing in the meta.

In theory, I find that the 2 x Smashing Blows make perfect sense in this deck. In practice with what I'm facing repeatedly in the QM meta *right now*, I'm finding I almost never need them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bro! may i ask what is the meaning of BF? XD im a newbie hehehe

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gari View Post
    Bro! may i ask what is the meaning of BF? XD im a newbie hehehe

Blood Frenzy : Warrior Card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh i see what the silly me! XD Thanks sir!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not using Raven Wildheart instead of Braxnorian Soldier?

I think it's a bit better at board control.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LofWyr View Post
    Why not using Raven Wildheart instead of Braxnorian Soldier?

I think it's a bit better at board control.
    Another card for board control is really not needed in Amber, she has already many control cards (Jasmine, Seductress, CB, weapons and resource acceleration); Brax Soldier however is useful against Lance and Maj to stop hasted allies. Can really ruin the day for those 2 heroes!
    Proud member of ETC:

"Enjoy This Cerveza!"

"Drink first. Act second. Think third. Recipe of success! ... Or not."
    "The first rule of Beer Club is: You do not talk about Beer club. The second rule of Beer Club is: You do not talk about Beer Club."

​IGN: ETC Solomon69