Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    did u think about battle plans as it have nearly the same ability of antimatter??

and what about weapons and armors destruction
    The card itself has no board impact and it doesn't give you card advantage. It doesn't fit in this kind of deck and IMO it isn't that of a great card itself. The difference with this and Antimatter is that it digs through your deck for answers while providing card advantage in the course of the game. This deck is proactive, you want to force the opponent to have answers instead of you digging for them and as I said, it has nothing to do with card advantage.

SoV is my choice of removal because it destroys most of the opponents draw engine which is by far more important than to destroy their weapons most of the time. It does destroy weapons too if needed.

I use DC instead of Keldor... DC provides a permanent buff while with Keldor you really have to activate his ability over and over and it can get quite costly as his ability can be on the way from you playing your stuff. DC also kills Gary when combination with BB's ability without using DC's ability. His health boost is also really relevant late game.
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 12-07-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah battle plans is bad ... whats good in this deck is its really anti ambers!!! i tried it and i destroyed 3 JD and won .. i was searching for anti amber bb deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just wanted to say thanks for the great write up and deck. I just hit 300 rating for first time using my on take of your deck listed here.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi all,

First of all, thanks FF for the deck! I've been playing it for a bit with reasonable success (though not at a 300 levels like kraken ;-)).
    Currently, I really struggle whenever I face Zhanna, especially the Zhanna Goddess (from Aphex) lookalike.

Do you have any hints on how to tackle this matchup?
    I came to realize that WotF is crucial to recover from a TW, but not much more. Any help is appreciated :-)

Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacelkos View Post
    Hi all,

First of all, thanks FF for the deck! I've been playing it for a bit with reasonable success (though not at a 300 levels like kraken ;-)).
    Currently, I really struggle whenever I face Zhanna, especially the Zhanna Goddess (from Aphex) lookalike.

Do you have any hints on how to tackle this matchup?
    I came to realize that WotF is crucial to recover from a TW, but not much more. Any help is appreciated :-)

Cheers
    I'm not familiar with Aphex Zhanna. Do you have any link of it? I will just judge by a typical Zhanna in the meanwhile.

You've already mentioned WotF but also you have 4x SK to recover from TW so try not to sac him. DC is beast here as she's a slow match-up so you have plenty of time growing him bigger so she's forced to TW or maybe a Banish, less removal you has to worry about. You've probably already figured it out but never sac WotF either.

Try not to use your hero ability mindlessly (which is too common mistake I see BB players does), watch the board state and her hand and see if something is or going to be threatening before you use the ability.

Don't let her draw too much draw, destroy her WS with SoV when you're in a comfortable resource spot (4-5 and onwards).

Save tPF for Aeon.

The last tip but the most important one. Never catch by surprise, always predict and be prepared of what potential plays she can make. For example, If you see some allies and she has soon 7 resource expect KP so you have to play and prepare for that possibility.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks a lot for the tips!
    I haven't really given any thoughts to Death Collector in this matchup, I will try to rely more on it.

Regarding Zhanna Goddess, here is the link:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ghlight=goddes

The hard thing with it, as far as I am concerned, is that it packs too much draw cards for me to keep up. I can handle the first WS with a Shriek, but then TO, Liz and other WS keep coming down. I have trouble having her down to a low enough HP total at that point to finish her off once she takes over.

Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Morbid acolyte will help you with both Liz and tainted oracle. MA stops the draw from death of TO and (if I remember correctly from ny games) the draw from Liz (and her boosting from being attacked).

Good luck and have fun playing!