Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

FF's Burning Vengeance [Banebow]

Burning Vengeance

“Burning” “Vengeance”, you get it? I named the deck this for the only reason that I run x4 Furrion Terror and x4 Shriek of Vengeance, and I have to admit, I like the name myself a lot. I don’t think you got here for that reason so I will just show the build.

[23x Allies]
    4x Ironhide Karash
    4x Gary (Infernal Gargoyle)
    4x Death Collector
    3x Death Mage Thaddeus
    4x Shadow Knight
    4x Furrion Terror

[11x Abilities]

3x Shriek of Vengeance
    4x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x The Perfect Shot
    2x Sever Ties

[5x Equipment]

3x Wraith of the Forest
    2x Soul Seeker

[39 cards + hero]
    http://sedeck.mygamesonline.org/show...5i4c3l255a4535

Deck type: [Mid-range]
    You can possibly remove 1 Gary and DC of 2x Morbid Acolyte for more tech. I personally like more raw brute power when using BB myself.
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 12-06-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What’s strike looking with this particular build is that I run a full play-set of both FT and Shriek but no Poison Arrow. Maybe you even see that I run a total of 11(!) 3cc allies.

Look ma’! 11 3cc allies: What do BB to win is his constantly spamming allies and at 3cc it’s pretty easy to do that by those numbers + SK. In tests, going below 10 3cc allies cripples this deck surprisingly much. A side thing is that they are the majority to Sac Lamb targets and the cheap cost makes Shriek pretty easy to cast without the resource thing to hurt you.

Why x4 Shadow Knight :
    BB decks running SK should always have him as a full play-set. The reason is that he’s value as soon he hits battlefield, like pseudo-draw but getting an ally which is his win-condition. He’s there so you will never run out of dudes.

Why x4 Furrion Terror: He's a replacement of PA and is removal on a stick. Scroll down and you will see why PA is gone.

Why 3x Death Collector: What can I say? He’s golden when going first. He makes your own SK more valuable by cleaning away the less important allies form your own grave.He’s a threat and IMO better than Molten Destroyer in that role. He has an aggressive casting cost and he can grow bigger than MD. He replaces MD’s spot without actually hurt the count of 3cc allies. Additional by that, unlike othet 3cc dudes, he scares the opponent to play their own threats. Yes, he's that good.

Why x3 Shriek: Actually, there is no reason not to run less than x4 off, or less extreme, below x3. In this current meta, 4cc or below cc is key cards in almost any deck and destroying those consistently makes them to fall off pretty hard. It’s arguably the best Shadow card IMO. As I stated at the earlier post, you can remove 1 Shriek alongside for 1 FT and add 2 tech cards of your choice to suit your meta more.

Only x2 Soul Seeker: To be honest, this card isn’t good here. You sacrifice a whole turn without do any impact of board and I like Feather Bow much more of the low cost so I can play something else at the same time. The only reason I still have SS is because of rush decks which is really popular. So in other words, x3 is fine and x4 is overkill.

No Poison Arrow: PA is gone and the card itself isn’t good at all unless I have allies on board to finish the disabled ally off but if I have allies myself, I can fair of just fine without it. If I’m behind the game, FT (which I have x4 of) and The Perfect Shot does a much better work, especially combined with SS and BB’s own ability. I’ve tested PA for a while and I can’t count how many times I’ve sacced it away.

4x Sac Lamb and 3x WotF?: Mainly because I "fear" Warriors more than Mages. Against them (and Rogue) it's basically free card draw. WotF is a dead cards vs them too unlike Sac Lamb. Due to BB's nature he's good against mages anyway without that many WotF and that Sac Lamb isn't dead there too. You probably will have Sac Lamb food when Elad has used her ability on something like Gary or buffed DC.

Check out for some more of FF's builds:
    Allied Darkclaw
    Gravebone Aggro
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 01-15-2014 at 06:34 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally like it because nowadays I find myself needing more SoV than LLN. Also the SK loop can practically be your winning condition and along with FT it can be your control
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Waiting for the explanation for the full set of Shriek.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Added some explanation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Why x4 Shriek: Actually, there is no reason not to run less than x4 off, or less extreme, below x3. In this current meta, 4cc or below cc is key cards in almost any deck and destroying those consistently makes them to fall off pretty hard. It’s arguably the best Shadow card IMO. As I stated at the earlier post, you can remove 1 Shriek alongside for 1 FT and add 2 tech cards of your choice to suit your meta more.
    I was expecting a more in-depth answer. Something like "BB hates these specific items and I hate them too and in my meta these are pretty relevant, so I included these". Can you use all 4 in a single game? Probably no. The resource penalty should be a deterrent. At most I'd put in 3 to reliably draw it when I need it but 4 is pretty close, so yeah. 1-2 more card other than Shriek could still be more useful imho.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best Banebow deck I've ever seen!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    I was expecting a more in-depth answer. Something like "BB hates these specific items and I hate them too and in my meta these are pretty relevant, so I included these". Can you use all 4 in a single game? Probably no. The resource penalty should be a deterrent. At most I'd put in 3 to reliably draw it when I need it but 4 is pretty close, so yeah. 1-2 more card other than Shriek could still be more useful imho.
    Well I didn't know what you want to expect and I'm not that polished at English but I won't use it as an excuse this time. Majority of my matches I use them twice but to make it happen, I increased the shriek count to x4. There is none specific item that ruins BB's that I want to counter but destroying any draw engines put's you on the edge especially when BB's draw itself isn't great compared to Priests, Mages and Rogues for example. The resource thingy doesn't hurt BB as he has so many low cost allies to back it up. On a side not, it completely trashes solo decks by running x4 but that's not the reason I'm running those.

It's a good all-around-card and honestly I think people has to explain why they run less than x3 of those.
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 07-18-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, sorry if I sounded like a jerk. Wasn't my intention. With the follow up it is enough explanation for me. I'm convinced. I run 2 most times because I have other item d or 3 if I have only Shriek as item d. I think running 4 is waste of deck space. You could argue it's same as 2 Shriek+2 LNN or even better but for me it's not true. Also, I don't like its resource penalty. Probably doesn't suit my play style.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Ok, sorry if I sounded like a jerk. Wasn't my intention. With the follow up it is enough explanation for me. I'm convinced. I run 2 most times because I have other item d or 3 if I have only Shriek as item d. I think running 4 is waste of deck space. You could argue it's same as 2 Shriek+2 LNN or even better but for me it's not true. Also, I don't like its resource penalty. Probably doesn't suit my play style.
    Nah, np budd. You didn't sound like a douche, it's just me being overly sensitive. If x2 shriek works for you, go for it.
    Last edited by FlyingFerrari; 07-18-2013 at 01:50 PM.