Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boris the Angry (need opinions)

Been tuning this one around for a few days, just wanted a bit of feedback from the community to see if I'm heading in the right direction with this one. Thanks for reading!

40 cards + Hero

--Hero--
    Boris Skullcrusher x1

--Allies--
    Aldon the Brave x3
    Aeon Stormcaller x3
    Gaderi Barbarian x3
    Champion of Irum x4
    Countess Rasmina x4
    Yari Spearman x4

--Abilities--
    War Banner x3
    Smashing Blow x3
    Crippling Blow x3
    Blood Frenzy x3
    Retreat x3

--Weapons--
    Jeweler's Dream x4
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not sure if u're following a certain strategy with this build but here's what I'd do:

-3 Gaderi - there are better 3cc human allies out there that I'm about to list.
    -4 Rasmina - You already run 4x Champ and 3x Smashing Blow. Rasmina is unneeded here.
    -4 Yari - Three copies of Aeon should be enough if you want a protector.
    -4 JD - Reminds me of the good old days of CotC but needless to say Boris doesn't need it anymore. I don't think he ever did.
    -2 War Banner - One copy should cut it. It rarely gets destroyed cuz most opponents will save their ID for possible The King's Pride and Dragon's Tooth.

+3 Jasmine Rosecult - Best 3cc human ally going 1st due to her ability. (IMO)
    +3 Layarian Seductress - Obviously the better one going 2nd for similar reasons.
    +3 Armored Sandworm - Mages cry when they see it on the board. (unless they run Consuming Fear)
    +3 Tainted Oracle - You need additional draw options to Blood Frenzy.
    +1 Blood Frenzy - Auto 4x in all warrior decks. (Except for ones controlled by Caitlyn and BlanketEffect)
    +1 Crippling Blow - Same reason.
    +2 The King's Pride - Wins games.
    +2 Dragon's Tooth - Deals with nasty fatties like Plasma Behemoth.

Completely different build, I know.

Boris is a very versatile hero; you can play him in many different ways following variant strategies and running different allies compositions.

Additional cards worth the look at:

Allies

Puwen Bloodhelm - Better than Champ when going 1st.
    Fleet-Footed Messenger - Helps you dig for the card you want for low cost. Not to mention he's meaty (er..) and has haste.
    Priest of the Light - Easy to kill but his passive abilitieS are great.
    Braxnorian Soldier - Denies haste. Especially good against Maj and Lance. (Boris' bad MUs)
    Wild Berserker - Excellent going 2nd. A bit vulnerable but makes instant impact on the board.
    Gunther, General of Balor - Nine health points, immune to Retreat and Banish, and an extra attacking point for all your allies for a single resource? SOLD!

Abilities & Items:

Enrage - Ten extra health points. Not bad, right? Still a bit unreliable due to the current atachment-hate meta.
    Rampage - Somewhat similar case to Enrage. Same cost but the advantage it has over Enrage is that it HEALS your hero. If destroyed by your opponent, you will still keep the HP.
    Treasured Heirloom - Extra attacking point and draws you two cards when destroyed. Nice but in some cases it becomes dead draw.
    Spectral Sabre - Flexible card. Mostly used to remove enemy attachments like Lone Wolf and consuming Fear. You can still use it to remove your OWN Blood Frenzy at late game to prevent unnecessary damage to you hero.

Keep experimenting until you hit the jackpot. Good luck.
    Last edited by Deja Vu; 07-16-2013 at 05:16 AM.
    Leader of Rising Sun
    Learn, Improve, Succeed

Relevant RS Links:
    About Us|Trophy Room
    Card Gallery|How to Apply

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad to see someone else besides myself actually using Yari . I personally like him a lot, and I myself actually do use 4 Yari and 2 Aeon. 4x Blood Frenzy and Crippling Blow are a must. And I would agree with Deja Vu, Jeweler's Dream is an excellent weapon, just so much better with Amber. Boris doesn't really need it. I myelf go with 2x Dragon's Tooth (to get rid of those pesky high cost allies, especially an opposing Aeon which can be deadly for Boris if you can't kill him quickly) and 2x Spectral Sabre (doubles up as a weapon and attachment destruction for when you need that).
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see the goal here, weenie flood powered by Jeweler's Dream and Blood Frenzy. Honestly it's a strategy better implemented by Amber, whose weapons can control the board for many turns as opposed to just one like Boris' ability.

I do applaud your using a number of underutilized allies, but for competitive play the tried and true allies are indeed best. Gaderi's ability is nice with War Banner to swing for 5 against big allies, but with a weenie rush style deck you're going to be focussing more attention on the hero and using your abilities to control the board so he's going to be underused.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for your replies!

I'll be bookmarking (and updating) this thread and referring to it as I gain more gold/SC to gather the higher end new cards
    Last edited by Vexmaw; 07-16-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    IGN: Vexmaw
    Twitter: @Vexmaw