Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Victor vs Allyless = Autoloss?

So, you are playing Victor and come across a Lone Wolf Darkclaw. Is there really any point in playing any more?

Sure you can stack some sever ties and poor qualities, but too many of those cards will weigh you down against other opponents.

Of course, your SE is useless. The only other uses for your SE is graveyard cloak (great, draw captured prey or rabid bite) or conduit (great, help your opponent).

I could have put this topic in strategy, but I think it demands a larger forum for discussion.

Is there any way to help Victor in future expansions, perhaps a use for his SE vs allyless?

What about other Autoloss match ups? How can we improve on those?

Fortana

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's how the game works. Every hero has it's bad match ups. And there are other heroes who have a lot of trouble vs ally-less. The mages with ally-specific abilities can manage because of their burn, but Banebow is in about the same position as Victor and Boris is in even worse. A standard Zhanna could run into problems as well. Every deck has its auto loss, that's how the game remains balanced.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It would be kind of fun to be able to place an ally on an opposing field. Maybe something with a negative effect?

Perhaps something like this:

Double Agent (name seems too Rogue-ish to me, but whatever)
    3cc Hunter Ally
    1/5 (I don't really know about stats, but they aren't the important thing)
    This ally is summoned on target opponent's field and as long as this ally remains in play, damage dealt from weapons equipped to that hero is reduced by 1.

I just thought it was a neat concept, not necessarily a balanced idea or anything :P
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XanteseZerylliom View Post
    It would be kind of fun to be able to place an ally on an opposing field. Maybe something with a negative effect?

Perhaps something like this:

Double Agent (name seems too Rogue-ish to me, but whatever)
    3cc Hunter Ally
    1/5 (I don't really know about stats, but they aren't the important thing)
    This ally is summoned on target opponent's field and as long as this ally remains in play, damage dealt from weapons equipped to that hero is reduced by 1.

I just thought it was a neat concept, not necessarily a balanced idea or anything :P
    That reminds me of the April fools joke "spoiling" dark prophecies new stuff with the "spy" keyword.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    That's how the game works. Every hero has it's bad match ups. And there are other heroes who have a lot of trouble vs ally-less. The mages with ally-specific abilities can manage because of their burn, but Banebow is in about the same position as Victor and Boris is in even worse. A standard Zhanna could run into problems as well. Every deck has its auto loss, that's how the game remains balanced.
    Dem, you may well be right. But I would be interested to hear how Kyle feels about auto-losses in his game. Does he think that is fair and balanced? (Like Fox News)

Also, I am looking to the future, where new expansions may provide new options for dealing with, what are now, auto-losses.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem is that Victor is hunter, hence he is weak no matter if opponent is solo or not
    And every hero should at least 2-3 good SE usages apart from their ability, to level out the playing field and avoid common auto-loss situations.
    But solo Darcklaw is not necessarily an auto-loss for Victor. Dark Prophecies gave human a lot of new good cards, like Rider of Ellos and A Legend Rises which are better than Poor Quality and Sever Ties in my opinion. That's because they accomplish more or less the same effects of the cards you suggested, but they're not complete dead draws against other kind of decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As someone who plays a lot of Ally-focused decks, I have YET to find a way to shut down the Hunter Bow that heals the opponent when he kills allies without loading up on Nexuses.
    The Man, The Myth, The NikeemAsur
    Facebook: MeekinOnMovies
    @MeekinOnMovies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortana View Post
    Dem, you may well be right. But I would be interested to hear how Kyle feels about auto-losses in his game. Does he think that is fair and balanced? (Like Fox News)

Also, I am looking to the future, where new expansions may provide new options for dealing with, what are now, auto-losses.
    You quote me and say I might be right, but you pose the question to Demnchi. I'm used to being mixed up with Preybird, but this is a new level. I thought I was too uncouth for that kind of mix-up.

And right now, the standard Victor deck might be autoloss to ally-less Darkclaw, but a non-standard build can do well, as suggested by Pandev. I'd also suggest Enchanted Forest, that will at least slow him down, and you'll be able to cast more than once between your ability and Lily.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeemAsur View Post
    As someone who plays a lot of Ally-focused decks, I have YET to find a way to shut down the Hunter Bow that heals the opponent when he kills allies without loading up on Nexuses.
    I think you kind-of missed the point of this thread, but may I suggest you follow this thread? A number of suggestions have already been offered.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sandworm, ER are very nice to use against weapon based hero, it could be fatal to them if they couldn't stop them.
    Put ALR on Sandworm will help ur situation a lot.

Using ST to detach their Lonewolf, Speed Strike, using AS to destroy their teeth, EA will help too,
    but it would cost you a tempo loss too. You have to time when to do it. Most of time, you destroyed one,
    another will come out on their turn as they will always prepare a spare.

Mystic of the Vale will help a bit by keeping detach their Lonewolf.
    GK is pretty good to use for defense too, it would stop them to attack ur hero when they dun have SE to activate SA.

But once you tuned ur deck for countering specific play style, it could be a draw back to others.
    Proud member of ETC - "Evolved To a Cobra"
    (From A Snake with Fire, Lol)

IGN: ETC Bhleg

"I tried to nerf the Fire Snake, but I failed." - Kxxx
    "I'll never play Shadow Era again, becasue I can't beat the Fire Snake..." - Chuck Norris
    "Only defeat Sheng Long is't enough, You must defeat the Fire Snake to stand a chance." - Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    You're a noble knight of the snake, sir.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well just today I played a game against solo Baduruu and I was Majiya, I was playing portal Majiya and I of course had no way to expend my Energy the entire match, but in my match I could deal with his weapons with acid jet, but in yours you can't WBT has no durability and you are a human so :P.
    As a hunter you usually want to keep some of the neutral item destructions in quick matches, simply because it is the unavoidable truth that you will run into solo decks every so often. But unless you pack some SE expending cards just for that, then all you can do is have your hero sit there and look pretty(or in yor case masculine), and have your allies and weapons take care of him.
    The bitterest truth is always better than the sweetest lie.
    If you are reading this, congratulations, you survived the end of the world.

In Game Name: PPUOD Pretty Pretty Unicorn Of Death

Member of Shadow Era Network, Shadow Era Community Hub,Join Today!