Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

GraveBone - Murda Dem

hi Guys,

...been tweakin' this GB deck for couple weex, but somehow i couldn't find a way to make it work, so i took a break, played Ele for a week and then rebuilt the baby from scratch, so here it is:

Gravebone AKA "The Looper"

Ally base:

4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x Plasma Behemoth
    3x Molten Destroyer
    4x Ironhide Karash
    3x Morbid Acolyte
    2x Kairos Doombringer

Support:

4x Fireball
    3x Lightning Strike
    3x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Supernova
    3x Clinging Webs (optional: 3x Consuming Fear)
    3x Sacrificial Lamb
    2x Dagger of Unmaking

....initially i've been experimentin with SBO and Oggy, but that didn't quite float my boat because of absolutely desperate need to have at least 3 Sanctuaries when u wanna build your deck around SBO (and even so u pump it up to 5/4 its still very easily removed, costin u both, tempo as well as resources and also givin ur opponent tons of SE) and not being able to protect Oggy at all, so i just dropped it

....i also have 4 Shadow Knights in store ready'n'waitin, but to me that doesn't make too much sense w/o portal and a horde of cheap minions, so i'm gonna give that a deeper thought (.."c u later, Dark reanimator")))

....sooo,...it's a deck...and its got 40 cards in it....in my opinion any deck over 40 is way too BIG (well, for GB anyway))

....i don't think there's much to say in addition to the above, but i'll give it a try - basically, goal is to get Karash out in t2 and Gargy in t3 (for quite obvious reasons), then usually ToK in t3-5, based on what opponent puts on the plate (if i don't see Karash in my opening hand then ToK would be my alternate t2)
    if playin against rush (which i really "LUV"), i don't bother with Karash at all, just auto-sac'in all 'em lickspittles - this is all in order to stay alive first couple of rounds (say up to 6-7), it allows me to draw few of 'em BigBuggerz and accumulate some SE to be able to keep the line "between Life and Death" as thin as possible

....once i've made it alive till turn 5-6, its either Behemoth or Destroyah, eventually Dagger (opponent-dependant) and just keep it Loopin' between board, grave and hand - it's just soooo much fun watchin ur opponent breakin sweat removin Behemoth usin last available resources while u see another in your hand already and have 4+ SE, not even mentioning Kairos))

....3 ToK and 3 Lambs been providin solid drawpower so far (Lamb is just sooooo amazing with crippled "big lads", but i never hesitate to play Gargoyle and Sacrifice it with Lamb rite away should i ever run out of cards) - i'll get them cards out to play, one way or the other))
    ....i've also found many people play Bazaar - HOW COOL, Bless U ALL 4 dat!...as to me it means auto-sac ToK and an extra resource is always handy ))

....last, but not least, FBs, Lightnings and Novas - strikes from heaven that r there for one purpose only - get the board control in early turns (and i don't mind if i manage to deal some early dmg to oppHero at all)
    finding urself with 2 FBs on ur hand towards the end of game when opponets running low on health puts a smile on ur face rite away))))))

....i have almost forgotten about Morbid Acolyte (how could i???) - now, i literally fell in love with this little guy when playin Ele deck: removin Steadfast, Stealth, Protector,... - u name it, he's got it...ALL...and all of that comin in a neat cheap package with 5 health - what is there not to luv about him? ))))
    yeah, Ele can instantly boost him to 3/8, but then GB can bring him back to life anytime u choose to, and that is even more cruel )))))

....as unbelievable as this may seem - it's got weak points too, but then which deck doesn't)) as mentioned already, if i face rush deck combined with bad opening draw (i.e. no direct dmg cards) then it's almost 100% loss, but i can't be bothered less, i usually save one Nova and kill myself if im given the option to.
    haven't played many games against Snow Sapphire, but i guess that is also gonna b tough nut to crack, especially having no armor removal in deck at all (mainly due to cost of LLN and loss of tempo with Shriek which i really cannot afford)

....not sayin' this is the greatest deck in da whole Universe, but so far it worx quite allrite for me (about 70% win ratio with it so far - up to 30 games played), but please feel free to share your ideas about it which i thank u for in advance

Last edited by 4Ak; 07-15-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like it might do alright. I personally prefer consuming fear to the webs though.

Also i seldom leave home without my furion terrors in any shadow deck. (I guess you could take this opinion with a grain of salt.. i'm a fanboy)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking at this deck, it seems that it would have a hard time vs weapon based decks with no real removal vs weapon/armor

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lechicken View Post
    Looking at this deck, it seems that it would have a hard time vs weapon based decks with no real removal vs weapon/armor
    ...yes it has))))
    "This is who I am, nobody said you had to like it."

TJ 4Ak
    Vermilion Bird
    The Holy Beast of...
    Team Juggernauts