Close

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nice change.
    I have thought Jasmine's ability should be changed as Morbit Acolytes's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    For those of you speaking a foreign language, we'll be posting translated versions of the cards soon for peer review before they are made available on the live server.
    It is nice you do before release it on the live server.
    Since I heard localized versions will be made in near days, My anxiety was whether correct or not the translation would be.
    Many heads would like to support if you post these on subforum.
    Biasair - The rapid sharpshooter of A1
    Evolution in Theory

Blog | Deck Builder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great to hear about Jasmine. Always thought the effect should be stopped if she's killed, used to annoy me that it didn't.
    Was this the big announcement?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow... What a huge neft to Jas since her ability is useless on your turn...unlike Morbid...

Anyway I agree with the others, changing the text on CoTC is OK since it doesn't change the card... It only clarifies it.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Jasmine's charm ability a negative effect?

*checks rule book*

Yeah, I believe it falls under the "can't attack" category. Going by what Kyle said, Jasmine's ability should behave as normal right? Unless Can't attack/defend are no longer negative effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post

Ruling Change[/SIZE]

Effects from cards should stop if the card leaves play, with the exception of negative effects (frozen, disabled, ablaze, and poisoned) and base stat changes.

The most famous example of this is Jasmine's ability: if the enemy is able to kill her, then the effect should be stopped. This is a ruling change from what is currently implemented in the digital game, in order to have all cards behave consistently.
    Other than that strange part (to me at least), interesting news and great news imo.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 07-12-2013 at 03:36 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    and those base atk to 0 abilities?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What about Layarian Diplomat? So if he is killed, which would be very easy to do since he is only 2 health, his effect would only be in effect in your turn when he was summoned? The wording on that card doesn't say anything about him being in play like Morbid Acolyte.

Layarian Diplomat
    "When Layarian Diplomat is summoned, target opposing ally loses all passive abilities until the start of your next turn."
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Jasmine's charm ability a negative effect?

*checks rule book*

Yeah, I believe it falls under the "can't attack" category. Going by what Kyle said, Jasmine's ability should behave as normal right? Unless Can't attack/defend are no longer negative effects?

Other than that strange part (to me at least), interesting news and great news imo.
    Yeah, the rulebook is being changed, so that "can't attack" and "can't defend" are not negative effects. Only the DOTs and disabled/frozen will be negative effects. So that actually changes Healing Touch / Jericho / Regeneration and possibly Medusil too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover View Post
    What about Layarian Diplomat? So if he is killed, which would be very easy to do since he is only 2 health, his effect would only be in effect in your turn when he was summoned? The wording on that card doesn't say anything about him being in play like Morbid Acolyte.

Layarian Diplomat
    "When Layarian Diplomat is summoned, target opposing ally loses all passive abilities until the start of your next turn."
    With all cards now requiring themselves to be in play to have their effect, Morbid Acolyte will be reworded and Layarian Diplomat will behave as you mention (which I think it already does actually).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    and those base atk to 0 abilities?
    If you are talking about Raven, then that's a one-shot stat change, so it persists beyond the card that caused it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have an idea...
    What if we add color to negative effects.. So the word poison, frozen, ablaze etc are blue text... And then Jericho ability would have the words "negative effects" in blue... So you know blue removes blue.

I would also like it if Morbid's ability would actually remove the passive text... For example if used on Gargoyle, the card text area is now blank.
    Last edited by Helio; 07-12-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games