Close

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm very glad Wulven (Kyle) asked the community before going forward with the Jasmine's behavior change. This way they can still revert it back before going ahead with this bad changes

and I still think that wulven can remove "while X is in play" text because I'm not sure I understand the link between Jasmine's behavior and the 'is in play' sentence.

2:Target opposing ally can't attack until the end of its controller's next turn.
    The effect duration is easy to understand on jasmine's card. It doesn't talk about "is in play" and you know you can't attack because this ability was played against you.
    Last edited by Zoolgar; 07-18-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    Zoolgar - The Dragon Reborn
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover View Post
    Lets take a quick look at Frozen, which is a Negative effect.

Frozen (it can't attack, defend or use abilities) so if Frozen is a negative effect why would Can't attack not be considered negative effect?? Or Can't Defend or Can't use abilities??

What about adding these as Negative effects:

Can't Attack = Distracted (which seems to be what Jasmine had before)
    Can't Defend = Stoned or Unguarded (Stoned is what Medusil had before)
    Can't Use Abilities = Charmed (someone else mentioned this for Can't Attack?)

This way Jasmine and Medusil don't get Nerfed and neither does Jericho, Healing Touch, Regeneration...
    I myself I not in favor of new keywords, specially Distracted and Stoned. If you create those 2 keywords for Medusil and Jasmine, then DT would have to make more cards with those keywords because it would make no sense having a keyword associated only to a single card.
    Thus it would force Wulven to make more cards with those keywords and reducing even more the possibilities of future sets.
    Besides this if we have to many negative effects cards like Rejuvenation and Jericho would be OP. They should not be under powered and do need a buff, but this would be too much.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure this reasoning is sound. Having a keyword may make it EASIER to release related cards, but it hardly seems accurate to say that the DT is FORCED to do anything.

Maybe in the expansion after next we will wish for Stoning Armor or a Sword of Distraction (those actually sound kinda cool ), but that doesn't mean we won't get other cool things. A future expansion could contain two hundred, or one hundred, or any number of new cards.

If it looks like some new effect's removal would suddenly make Jericho OP, couldn't the DT classify it differently? Say: DIRE effect, or What-have-you. Why isn't the DIRE effect a negative effect? Clearly it is too serious, or long-term, or prevalent....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by plo View Post
    Thus it would force Wulven to make more cards with those keywords and reducing even more the possibilities of future sets.
    Right which is why Magic: The Gathering still only has about 1,000 cards after 20 years.

Besides this if we have to many negative effects cards like Rejuvenation and Jericho would be OP. They should not be under powered and do need a buff, but this would be too much.
    Cards that can remove negative effects can only be used so many times, with the exception of Jericho who can only be used so often. Meanwhile, allies that can apply a negative effect could do so many more times. I don't think there will be a problem with negative effect removal being too powerful. There are other ways to win, and packing too much negative effect removal would make you extremely vulnerable to those other methods.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    I'm not sure this reasoning is sound. Having a keyword may make it EASIER to release related cards, but it hardly seems accurate to say that the DT is FORCED to do anything.
    But it does. Wouldn't it feel odd if Jasmine were the only card in the game with the Charm keyword? At least it would be no good flavour-wise.

At least they would have to release more related cards, cards with the same theme. And I'm not so sure that Charm or Stoned theme is so interesting to pursue. I personally would find it mmuch better if they were to explore themes like homonculus, demons, the conflicts between Layar, Ellos, Vozitz and the other humans; etc...
    Last edited by plo; 07-18-2013 at 10:18 PM.

plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Right which is why Magic: The Gathering still only has about 1,000 cards after 20 years.
    What do you mean? only 1000 cards in 20 years? I thought Magic had so much more than that.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What do you mean? only 1000 cards in 20 years? I thought Magic had so much more than that.
    That was kinda my point. It's called sarcasm.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great job. Wording is incredibly important.
    Flynn

My opinion on the BP guild and glitches in Shadow Era. I think it's <removed>.

Decks
    Zaladar - CotC Mill | Victor - CotC Solo | All my good decks are a secret

Card Design
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix Guild Cards | World Beyond - The Warlock's Grimoire | Trollface

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I myself I not in favor of new keywords, specially Distracted and Stoned. If you create those 2 keywords for Medusil and Jasmine, then DT would have to make more cards with those keywords because it would make no sense having a keyword associated only to a single card.
    I strongly disagree that adding keywords limits the possibilities for cards in future sets. If anything it *increases* the amount of possible interesting cards Wulven could create. Case in point, look at what they did with the "frozen" keyword in DP.

You have Furion Terror's : "If damaged by ice or frozen, Furrion Terror is killed." There's Frosted Urigon's : "Urigon can't be frozen." Shatter Ice: "All frozen allies are removed from the game."

All of those are examples of effects that relate to the "frozen" keyword that don't just do the standard "Target is frozen (it can't attack, defend or use abilities) for X turns."

Imagine if the keywords frozen/disabled were never introduced into the game, but you still had cards with the effect: "Target can't attack, defend, or use abilities for X turns." Then imagine what the wording on the Furion, Frosted Urigon, or Shatter Ice would be like.... "If damaged by ice or affected by an ability that prevents him from attacking, defending, AND using abilities, Furion Terror is killed..." It's less likely that card would be released in that form, because it's wordy and potentially confusing. Using a keyword like "Frozen" gives you a simple, concise concept which can be easily built off of.

So, sure, if Wulven added something like a "charmed" keyword to the game, they would probably be compelled to add a few more allies/weapons that could apply that effect. But then they could add combo cards that play off that effect.... "This ally is immune to being charmed," "Whenever an opposing ally is charmed, draw a card", "Whenever a charmed ally is killed, you gain one resource," etc. It opens a ton of possibilities that would otherwise be unlikely to see the light of day.
    Last edited by QuantumNinja; 07-19-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But it does. Wouldn't it feel odd if Jasmine were the only card in the game with the Charm keyword? At least it would be no good flavour-wise.

At least they would have to release more related cards, cards with the same theme. And I'm not so sure that Charm or Stoned theme is so interesting to pursue. I personally would find it mmuch better if they were to explore themes like homonculus, demons, the conflicts between Layar, Ellos, Vozitz and the other humans; etc...
    Like I said before, there could be other cards in the future with those keywords.