Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Eladwen Nerf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave163 View Post
    Anyway, if I remember correctly only 3 of my threads have been about balancing issues (incidentally my thread with the most views is my "2 loses in 22 games" Eladwen rush deck). I thought my card suggestion was a good one (certain aspects of which I see are also incorporated into the new Legendary Hero) -I dont moan all the time....
    Well, we have this thread, which granted isn't about balancing but is you moaning about "needed" features; then we have this thread, clearly about nerfing mages; this thread whining about direct damage; your Eladwen deck thread, where you say that mages need a nerf yet again; here's another thread, once again complaining about direct damage and mages, although you mix it up with some priest hate; and of course the current thread. Would you like me to expand my search from just the threads you started to all of your posts?

Anyway, I have come up with a fix: Double all the figures in the game... Warrior hero's have 60 starting health, 4 damage from a Dimension ripper, Fire Snake does 2 damage, The King's Pride costs 14 to cast etc etc. Now the devs can fine tune the balancing (make the equivalent of +/-0.5 changes).

If they did this the devs could: nerf direct damage by 1 (the equivalent of a -0.5 nerf using the currant system) and/or decrease mage health by the equivalent -0.5. Increase the cost of Mind Control, Tidal Wave, Zhanna Mist's, Zaladar's, and Moonstalker's abilities by +1.

The list could go on and theres no denying that many cards would benefit from this kind of fine tuning.
    Denied. This type of change would likely double the length of each game since it would take until at least t6 to play any decent cards. Since Shadow Era is designed to be a mobile game, this goes against design principles. Decks would have to be larger so players could sacrifice more cards. Card draw would become even more important, screwing over the classes with weak draw engines (like Hunter's, your beloved Mage killers). Balancing new cards would probably become even harder (there can be a range of power in cards of the same cost, but doubling everything and then fine tuning would drastically reduce the amount of variation you could have).
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Fire Snake does 2 damage
    Really?

Do you realize consequences for an entire universe, the multiverse and the all worlds combined?
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    But I didn't create this thread to argue, I was just proposing a fix. If I was trolling I would have posted something along the lines of: "Nerf that b****, shes ****ing OP. mages suck" etc etc (which I clearly didn't). Why can I not propose a minor re-balancing tweak without being patronized and accused of being a troll? perhaps your etiquette criticism should be directed at those people instead?

Anyway, if I remember correctly only 3 of my threads have been about balancing issues (incidentally my thread with the most views is my "2 loses in 22 games" Eladwen rush deck). I thought my card suggestion was a good one (certain aspects of which I see are also incorporated into the new Legendary Hero) -I dont moan all the time....

Anyway, I have come up with a fix: Double all the figures in the game... Warrior hero's have 60 starting health, 4 damage from a Dimension ripper, Fire Snake does 2 damage, The King's Pride costs 14 to cast etc etc. Now the devs can fine tune the balancing (make the equivalent of +/-0.5 changes).

If they did this the devs could: nerf direct damage by 1 (the equivalent of a -0.5 nerf using the currant system) and/or decrease mage health by the equivalent -0.5. Increase the cost of Mind Control, Tidal Wave, Zhanna Mist's, Zaladar's, and Moonstalker's abilities by +1.

The list could go on and theres no denying that many cards would benefit from this kind of fine tuning.
    These cards don't need to be fine tuned (and as Warr Byrd pointed out, this is a rather clunky method to take). I also find it odd that you recommend needing several counters to Elad, like Zal and Zhanna. I don't see many competitive Elads right now because of the prevalence of her counters in the meta: Amber, Zhanna, Zaladar, and Banebow. Other Hunters eat her for lunch as well.

Perhaps you should change tactics instead of game mechanics that are already balanced? Any good builds of the aforementioned heroes should do (though Zhanna can be weak against a really good rush. If you can keep the board under control, then you will be fine).

(Btw, I assume you meant you faced 2 Maj and 4 Elad instead of Ele?

Edit: Maybe I'm thinking of another thread....)
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anyway, I came with a better fix : multiply all number in the game by 59.

Doubling them is a bit complicated and would mindfuck everyone, but 59 is far better if you want to do that.

Only problem, there is a card's power wich we can't multiply by 59 or the game will melt. But anyway this card is OP so ban it and Chunk Narris could come back. FS...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Dorian View Post

Doubling them is a bit complicated and would mindfuck everyone, but 59 is far better if you want to do that.

Only problem, there is a card's power wich we can't multiply by 59 or the game will melt. But anyway this card is OP so ban it and Chunk Narris could come back. FS...
    59 or 69?
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Really?

Do you realize consequences for an entire universe, the multiverse and the all worlds combined?
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Chunk Norris is what left of Chuck Norris after he met firesnake!
    The truth is finally revealed... *ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Le Dorian View Post

Really?

Chuck Norris, Chunk Norris and Chunk Narris.
    Entire universe, the multiverse and the all worlds.
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

What have such power to do these? FIRE SNAKE.

Let's forget about Eladwen, Fire Snake is the real big issue.
    Last edited by Sir Bhleg; 07-12-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    Proud member of ETC - "Evolved To a Cobra"
    (From A Snake with Fire, Lol)

IGN: ETC Bhleg

"I tried to nerf the Fire Snake, but I failed." - Kxxx
    "I'll never play Shadow Era again, becasue I can't beat the Fire Snake..." - Chuck Norris
    "Only defeat Sheng Long is't enough, You must defeat the Fire Snake to stand a chance." - Ryu

You're a noble knight of the snake, sir.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    You Sir have obviously not cast your gaze on Eladwen's alternate art.
    Sorry.. I was just sarcastically joking because the OP seemed to be pointless... but IMO, Majiya is cuter than Eladwen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have I seriously missed something as I think rush is pretty much unplayable right now?

I think Elad overall is pretty much fine but I don't get why it's the rush portion that people call OP (it seems like that's the case here but I don't really know).
    Last edited by Airact; 07-12-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Have I seriously missed something as I think rush is pretty much unplayable right now?

I think Elad overall is pretty much fine but I don't get why it's the rush portion that people call OP (it seems like that's the case here but I don't really know).
    Nope. You're pretty much spot-on. Like I said above, there are too many good Elad counters and rush counters out now. Seems more balanced than ever, imo.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese