Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eladwen Nerf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IMO, Eladwen is most played because Eladwen deck is cheap, not because of OPness.
    p.s. feel free to comment my too obviously limited intelligence. But you have to love my new avatar!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave163 View Post
    The stats show she wins more than she loses. Kyle only gives her stats as an example in that post so its impossible to judge just how good she is (one thing is for sure- she isn't bad). If she isn't OP why is she the most used hero? there are 20 heros so 10% is at least double the average (this is the stat I was referring to).
    Anyway, I base my assumption on years of play experience, not because I've just happened to lose a few matches against her or because of those particular stats.
    Actually, 10% is the exact number of times you expect any hero to appear in a match. There are 20 heroes. Assuming they are all played equally, each one has a 5% chance of being used by any given player. There are two players in a match. So she would show up in the 5% of matches she would be used by Player One, and the 5% of matches she was being used by Player Two. 10% total.

-I don't understand this, you are saying that kids who play wouldn't want the old OP card & also that all old editions are worthless? (if somebody wants to send me their old CotC physical collection I'd be more than willing to pay the postage fee!)
    If you care to search, there are several places where people state that if a card can't be used in a tournament, then it is worthless and will never gain value. If they'll continue to be right ten years down the road, that remains to be seen. Actually, better idea: see if you can find the guy with the old Eladwen and ask how much he expects he would be able to sell it for. I can't remember who it was off the top of my head, but they got a test print of the Mage deck before Wulven finalized the cards, including Eladwen when her ability didn't freeze but could target the hero.

-what exactly are you talking about? if you are referring to this thread I believe Gondo' declined to comment.
    Kyle and the Design Team have said on numerous occasions that none of the Call of the Crystals cards will be changed, nor will any other cards once they are finalized. If you think you deserve a special statement from them, get off your high horse.

I think you are confusing design with tactics -an easy mistake to make for somebody with your obviously limited intelligence?
    If Eladwen, or any other card, is OP, then it is because of bad design. If Eladwen, or any other card, performs well in the hands of talented players, then it is because of tactics. If you are going to design a game, you need to have a good grasp of both. The team that lost last week Wulven Apprentice did well designing based on tactics, most if not all their cards worked very well together. However, some of them were poorly designed in that they were OP when compared to cards of similar type.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LOL at this thread.
    Hey bro if u wanted a serious answer from the beginning you should have posted your perception as your own opinion and not as a reassured statement or fact .
    the truth is that even if she were op like u claim, the change u suggest wouldn't change anything about it

__________S K U R A I___________

*****************THE CURSED PROSECUTOR*****************

Warriors of the Blue Phoenix, Greatness Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    T1 Kris
    T2 Puwen / ToK
    T3 Aldon / PotL
    T4 FB/ LS/ BS/ TO + SE ability
    T5 SN/ DoU <- at this point, nth can stay on board
    T6 whatever what ur opp cast, keep on burning...till the end, even dun care ended with draw.

People call this golden rush...but actually it's quite often to happen for a Eladwen rush deck.

Is she a nice hero?
    Yes

Is she easy to use?
    Partly yes, partly no.

Does she need to be nerfed?
    I think..No, sometimes she really depends on luck, you got no chance when facing her golden rush,
    but once you get survive from her rush (or she couldn't rush you as she had a bad draw), you got chance to take the game back.
    As others said, every hero have his/her bad match-up.

Do I hate Eladwen?
    DEFINATELY YES, even I have a foil of her, still, I dun want to play with her.
    (But I have to admit that I sometimes use her in MD...LOL)
    Proud member of ETC - "Evolved To a Cobra"
    (From A Snake with Fire, Lol)

IGN: ETC Bhleg

"I tried to nerf the Fire Snake, but I failed." - Kxxx
    "I'll never play Shadow Era again, becasue I can't beat the Fire Snake..." - Chuck Norris
    "Only defeat Sheng Long is't enough, You must defeat the Fire Snake to stand a chance." - Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    You're a noble knight of the snake, sir.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Eladwen is OP because she is uglier than Majiya, period.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Maven of Strings View Post
    Eladwen is OP because she is uglier than Majiya, period.
    You Sir have obviously not cast your gaze on Eladwen's alternate art.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When C.o.t.C. was finalized I admit I thought Eldawen was O.P. at first (my initial thought was that she should do 1 pt. less damage). After playing with and against her between the finalization of C.o.t.C. till release of D.P. I quickly realized that she is not. With the release of D.P. I pity her in comparison to Majiya. Shadow mages have access to some real nasty cards that boost mage burn dramatically. Plasma Behemoth, Death Mage Thaddeus, Furrion Terror etc.), the only thing Edawen can do better than Majiya is rush because of the protectors, Cover of Night and retreat. I'm surprised that the discussion of Eldawen being O.P. has started again ...

@Sir Bhleg laughs at this in your sig:
    "I'll never play Shadow Era again, becasue I can't beat the Fire Snake..." - Chuck Norris

But I always felt people calling F.S. O.P. was just silly ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by highmystica View Post
    @Sir Bhleg laughs at this in your sig:

But I always felt people calling F.S. O.P. was just silly ...
    I am glad that someone read it...LOL
    and YES, trolling is damn silly but at the same time, it is damn funny too! Troll rocks!
    Proud member of ETC - "Evolved To a Cobra"
    (From A Snake with Fire, Lol)

IGN: ETC Bhleg

"I tried to nerf the Fire Snake, but I failed." - Kxxx
    "Only defeat Sheng Long is't enough, You must defeat the Fire Snake to stand a chance." - Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    You're a noble knight of the snake, sir.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    I am glad that someone read it...LOL
    and YES, trolling is damn silly but at the same time, it is damn funny too! Troll rocks!
    You betrayed Unruler by calling thinking FS is OP troll!!!!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    You Sir have obviously not cast your gaze on Eladwen's alternate art.
    Aye
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.