Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eladwen Nerf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eladwen is already banned in my BHYDL tournament. So there's no need to nerf it!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    She doesn't need nerfing. Kyle's stats (which Warr Byrd posted) prove that. Not only that she's no where near as common in QM anymore due to the rise of Amber and Banebow.

Every hero has it's good and bad matchups. If you keep losing to Eladwen I suggest you look at your hero choice.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    If you know the answer why did you bother creating this thread? Damn trolls are everywhere...
    I don't understand? -what do you mean 'If I know the answer'? -it was a suggestion, in a forum where players are free to put forward ideas. Theoretically the only "answer" would be a definite yes or no from a senior dev?

I created this thread because I think its a viable solution for what I perceive to be a problem (-I may be wrong but every player is entitled to an opinion, including those of us with Honours Degrees in Games Design). I would propose that people like yourself, who go out of their way to accuse people of being trolls are actually trolling.

Please feel free not to comment on any of my posts, i can assure you you won't be missed.
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    People would not call you a troll if you bothered to provide some actual arguments.

And no, "she's overpowered" doesn't stand up to anything.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    People would not call you a troll if you bothered to provide some actual arguments.

And no, "she's overpowered" doesn't stand up to anything.
    Eladwen needs nerf because

Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave163 View Post
    -she's over-powered and everybody knows it (the statistics back this up as well).
    Actually, as I previously noted, the stats do not back this up.

I know some people will say "Oh you can't do that because of the physicals blah, blah, blah" -but why should that matter? -if anything it rewards players who have spent their hard-earned cash on 'pre-nerf' cards and gives serious players/collectors an incentive to own them.
    Given that, currently, the other printed but non-tournament legal cards are worth exactly diddly-squat, I'm not sure how much rewarding there would be when they would be spending money to get the new version and never get anything back for the old.

I don't understand? -what do you mean 'If I know the answer'? -it was a suggestion, in a forum where players are free to put forward ideas. Theoretically the only "answer" would be a definite yes or no from a senior dev?
    Kyle and the Design Team have already said no.

I created this thread because I think its a viable solution for what I perceive to be a problem (-I may be wrong but every player is entitled to an opinion, including those of us with Honours Degrees in Games Design). I would propose that people like yourself, who go out of their way to accuse people of being trolls are actually trolling.
    I think it's safe to say that your opinion is wrong, even if you do have a degree in game design like some of the other people who have commented here or re participating in The Wulven Apprentice (actually, I think most of those were on the team that lost this past week, which goes to show how much good that degree does you).
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Actually, as I previously noted, the stats do not back this up.
    The stats show she wins more than she loses. Kyle only gives her stats as an example in that post so its impossible to judge just how good she is (one thing is for sure- she isn't bad). If she isn't OP why is she the most used hero? there are 20 heros so 10% is at least double the average (this is the stat I was referring to).
    Anyway, I base my assumption on years of play experience, not because I've just happened to lose a few matches against her or because of those particular stats.

Given that, currently, the other printed but non-tournament legal cards are worth exactly diddly-squat, I'm not sure how much rewarding there would be when they would be spending money to get the new version and never get anything back for the old.
    -I don't understand this, you are saying that kids who play wouldn't want the old OP card & also that all old editions are worthless? (if somebody wants to send me their old CotC physical collection I'd be more than willing to pay the postage fee!)

Kyle and the Design Team have already said no.
    -what exactly are you talking about? if you are referring to this thread I believe Gondo' declined to comment.

I think it's safe to say that your opinion is wrong, even if you do have a degree in game design like some of the other people who have commented here or re participating in The Wulven Apprentice (actually, I think most of those were on the team that lost this past week, which goes to show how much good that degree does you).
    I think you are confusing design with tactics -an easy mistake to make for somebody with your obviously limited intelligence?
    "I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm all for discussions, but please keep it civil.

While it is true we currently see absolutely no reason to nerf Eladwen, it's still nice to hear dissenting opinions and the counters against those opinions. IT's not so nice to see insults about one another's intelligence.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you are confusing design with tactics -an easy mistake to make for somebody with your obviously limited intelligence?
    And with this..... any discussion is lost.

Insulting Warr Byrd is not the way to go, particularly since he's one of the more knowledgable here around nuances of the game.

Besides, I think you're confusing overpowered with overused. Remember Eladwen is one of the easiest heroes to pick up, cheap to build for, and available at the very beginning. Those three simple facts will skew usage stats. Win rate determines power level. If a hero is winning 75% of the time over such a large sample size there is something wrong, not if they're winning 51% of the time.
    Last edited by Preybird; 07-12-2013 at 12:47 AM.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I generally recommend 2 heroes to new players who come to me via my channel: Eladwen or Boris. Since they are by far the easiest to start with. (and they generally end up choosing eladwen 3/4ths of the time)

The deal is, if anyone researches a little bit before starting, they'll almost always choose one of these 2, skewing the results - and since Eladwen is talked about much more on the forums, this skews it even further in that direction (especially the number of references to Elad Rush and her supposed being "OP" - Boris Rush is a bit less efficient due to a lack of direct hero damage outside of weapons, but he is much better at the mid/late-game board control)

Eladwen likely has a bell-curve win-rate based on rank ( low 'low rank' wins, high 'mid rank' wins, low 'high rank' wins) due to how she plays, and skill levels of players (and deck qualities of the people playing eladwen and opposing eladwen in those ranks). This is generally how it is with Aggro decks in most TCGs (Goblins are a great example from MtG) - ultra-newbies just go to it because it's easy to grasp, but lose games in low ranks due to 'newbie mistakes', they then get better and move into mid-ranks and can get easy wins by practicing their fast rush, but then they get up to the high-ranks where people know how to answer high-aggro decks (and then they fail to pull out the consistent wins, usually resulting in reevaluation of their deck choices lol)