Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New tool for Victor?

I think most of us can agree that DP wasn't very kind with Victor. The new hunter cards, while solid in general, don't work very well with his ability. So I was trying to think of a card that would help Victor become more competitive and fun to play. Here's what I came up with:

Eagle Eye
    2cc Hunter Ability
    Target opposing ally with 1 health is killed. Your hero gains 1 Shadow Energy.

I think Victor's main problem is his late game speed, because he struggles to catch up with his opponents when they get to a high resource count and can drop 2-3 allies in one turn. I think this card would significantly improve his late game. It would help him use his ability more often and keep up with the opponent's speed, and would have great synergy with his ability.

What do you think?
    Kratylus - Honored Bearer of Aegis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    imo, he need something like furrion terror better.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with Index. Your card wouldn't help too much with overall board position. Something like hunter ally with good ability or some sort of cheap weapon that Victor would benefit more than Gwen could be more useful.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with you that Victor needs a buff. But it is very difficult to buff just him without making other hunters stronger.

For example, this card will be too strong in Gwen deck. Gwen buffs her bow to ATK 4. Now you cannot attack her with MA, Garg as well as other 5 health allies anymore to take out the durability just because of this card. SE gain will make it even more difficult to beat down Gwen with bows.

For Shadow Hunters, I think I can make a good solo build with this card, combined with Evil Ascendant, Furrion Terror and Contaminated Water.

I like the idea but I am not too sure if this card will be printed.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Crystal Bow
    Hunter Item - Weapon, Bow
    3cc
    1 ATK
    3 DUR
    Crystal Bow may not gain any bonuses. When an opposing ally is killed by a Hunter card, your hero gains 1 shadow energy.

It can take out most allies that have been damaged by Victor's ability. Since it is a Hunter Item, it can be returned by Victor's ability. The low stats and inability to be buffed mean it won't help Gwen and Baduruu much. The shadow energy clause would allow Victor to use his ability more often and has some synergy eith his ability, but I fear might become OP with Banebow.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    I agree with you that Victor needs a buff. But it is very difficult to buff just him without making other hunters stronger.

For example, this card will be too strong in Gwen deck. Gwen buffs her bow to ATK 4. Now you cannot attack her with MA, Garg as well as other 5 health allies anymore to take out the durability just because of this card. SE gain will make it even more difficult to beat down Gwen with bows.

For Shadow Hunters, I think I can make a good solo build with this card, combined with Evil Ascendant, Furrion Terror and Contaminated Water.

I like the idea but I am not too sure if this card will be printed.
    Yes, that is a good point - my thought was that the effect would be too situational for other hunters to be worth a spot in their deck, or at the very least immediately helps Victor more than the other hunters. I think that it could have a spot in a new set that would also provide similar boosts for other classes though.
    Kratylus - Honored Bearer of Aegis
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Crystal Bow
    Hunter Item - Weapon, Bow
    3cc
    1 ATK
    3 DUR
    Crystal Bow may not gain any bonuses. When an opposing ally is killed by a Hunter card, your hero gains 1 shadow energy.

It can take out most allies that have been damaged by Victor's ability. Since it is a Hunter Item, it can be returned by Victor's ability. The low stats and inability to be buffed mean it won't help Gwen and Baduruu much. The shadow energy clause would allow Victor to use his ability more often and has some synergy eith his ability, but I fear might become OP with Banebow.
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Eagle Eye
    4cc Hunter Ability - Attachment
    Whenever an hunter card is returned from your graveyard to your hand, target opposing ally with 1 health is killed.
    Flavor text: "Victor says thanks to ya!"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pandevmonium has the right idea i reckon. Something that can be used by, but isn't particularly helpful to other hunters would be better i think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Barrage

3 cc hunter ability

all opposing allies take 2 damage that isn't reduced by armor or ally abilities

a card that's good for all hunter heroes, but even better for victor because he can potentially wipe out an entire board with his ability

Allies in waiting
    5cc Trap

When an opposing ally is killed, call ally of cost 4 or less from your grave for every opposing ally killed before this card is activated. Revived allies are summoned with -1 one attack ( to a minimum of 1 attack). Revived allies are removed from play the end of your next turn.

Flavored text

"Make sure we're actually dead next time"

Something to pair with the above ability.

You can stack your deck with a lot of low cost allies for early game, and late game wipe the board and bring them all back.

A strategy like this would require a lot more resources for banebow and baduruu to pull this combination off, and when it comes to gargoyle and sandwurm, furrion wont wipe them out

For gwenith, human heroes don't have an ally like furrion.

Victor doesn't have to use perfect shot, so he can get away with this with only 6 resources as apposed to 8-10

As for dealing with Ally-less Heroes

Straight Down the middle

1cc Hunter ability

for the next 3 Attacks by weapons your hero has defender. Damage dealt by weapons to either hero is reduced to 0 and added effects are not applied. Durability is still lost by both heroes.

(Ability does not trigger if weapon is not equipped to your hero)

This may be overpowered against heroes who build their decks entirely for the purpose of using weapons because they won't be able to damage you for the next 3 turns, and you'll be able to run out their durability, and cycle it back to your hand, effectively killing their strategy if they don't have anything to remove attachments, and they're lucky enough for you to not draw another one
    Last edited by sharkie912; 07-15-2013 at 08:07 PM.