Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkie912 View Post
    I'm assuming you mean by Arthyles Crypt + Evil Ascendant+ Furrion Terror + Aldmors/Bazaar? could you please clarify how Baduruu and Banebow would be able to accomplish this?

You would have to have someway of killing Skull Knight every turn, and then have him on top of your grave for him to be cycled back into it, and even then you're looking at several turns of set up for 2 heroes who could accomplish better building a deck around something else.

Maybe there's something I'm not seeing because I am fairly new, could you explain?

my next idea is for it to double draw. This is harder than I thought
    The point is that SK is a threat that has to be dealt with by your opponent. They kill SK, next turn you play SK, form a loop, draw a card, and can use all the resources you just poured into summoning SK again plus whatever other resources you've used. Add in WotF and you will have at least two cards each cycle since your opponent HAS to deal with SK in some capacity. Yes, Spirit Warden can help (or Death Collector for Shadow), but we don't need to boost the power of Banebow inadvertently while making Vic better. In fact, I would see no reason to play Vic over BB then.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    No offense, but your noobishness is showing. It used to be that one of the strongest strategies with Shadow decks was to play Shadow Knight repeatedly, the SK Loop. Basically, since Shadow Knight has 5 attack, the other player would have to deal with it immediately. So then the first player would play the second Shadow Knight they had in their hand, returning the first back to their hand to play again. Now, if your card was in play, the Hunter would get a draw and renew their resources, allowing them to play that first Shadow Knight again, returning another ally to hand, drawing again, and once again renewing their resources. Now, imagine it they were able to get three or even all four of their Shadow Knights out at once.
    Or listen to Warr Byrd as his loop is even more indicative of why this doesn't work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    No offense, but your noobishness is showing. It used to be that one of the strongest strategies with Shadow decks was to play Shadow Knight repeatedly, the SK Loop. Basically, since Shadow Knight has 5 attack, the other player would have to deal with it immediately. So then the first player would play the second Shadow Knight they had in their hand, returning the first back to their hand to play again. Now, if your card was in play, the Hunter would get a draw and renew their resources, allowing them to play that first Shadow Knight again, returning another ally to hand, drawing again, and once again renewing their resources. Now, imagine it they were able to get three or even all four of their Shadow Knights out at once.
    SK Loop is still good enough that Spirit Warden needed to be reworded to a dedicated hate card. But yeah, Reload allows for Shadow Hunters to effectively Feedbomb.
    Last edited by Peithoson; 07-16-2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: sentence needed revising
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Xantese, WarrByrd:

Good points, however, it seems they are going away from that. In DP, Feathered longbow would have been a good weapon to try that with, and it seems the idea didn't make the cut or was never considered.

On some level, I think victor's ability 'scares' the DT, Knife and teeth can only be recycled by other cards, not an SE ability. So maybe that throws cold water on the idea?
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sabre201118 View Post
    @Xantese, WarrByrd:

Good points, however, it seems they are going away from that. In DP, Feathered longbow would have been a good weapon to try that with, and it seems the idea didn't make the cut or was never considered.

On some level, I think victor's ability 'scares' the DT, Knife and teeth can only be recycled by other cards, not an SE ability. So maybe that throws cold water on the idea?
    Or perhaps they were waiting for the right time. Just because they haven't done it yet doesn't mean they won't.