Close

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Player Focus Group 3 (PFG3) now recruiting!

We are no longer accepting applications for the focus group.

----

Hi Shadow Era Community! The PFG3 will be starting soon and it's time for recruitment!

Please read the FAQ below if you are interested!

What is the PFG3?
    The 3rd Player Focus Group (PFG3) is a group of dedicated Shadow Era players from the community who will be given early access to the next set of Shadow Era to ensure its balance and quality is as high as possible.

What do PFG3 members do exactly?
    They play with the new cards as if they had just gotten them as a released and balanced set. Either for competition or for fun, members will play the game to get a feel for how the new cards impact the game, the meta, etc. They will also be expected to complete tasks or assignments given to them to ensure broad coverage of the playing space. They will then provide feedback based on what they experienced to the Design Team.

Why is that helpful?
    It allows the Design Team and Wulven to get an overall feeling of how the cards would be received in many different ways. This allows us to find any potential balance issues or design problems, that could make the game unfair or boring, and pre-empt them rather than run into them when the set is released. The continued play and feedback of the PFG3 members will show which cards are causing problems or which ones need another look.

How can we ensure something isn't overlooked or ignored for whatever reason?
    The members of the PFG will be given challenges and/or tasks to complete to ensure that these cards are being tested, be it building a deck around a specific card or just trying to use it in general. Based off feedback, tasks can easily be assigned to cards that have potential issues or flaws. Be it too weak or too strong, they will be looked at.

If a card is deemed too strong or weak, what happens to it?
    The card will be changed at the Design Team's discretion to bring it more into line with the goals and balance of the set. These changes will happen each "iteration" the set goes through. An iteration means something in the set has changed and it is a new set because of it. Usually, it will be in the direction of a more balanced and fun set.

Sounds like this could be awesome, what else do I need to know?
    A few things:
    -All members must sign a NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement). In order to sign an NDA, you must be 18 years or older.
    -All the testing will be done with a web-based private server and not an app. This means if you cannot play the game in a web browser, then you cannot participate in the PFG.
    -You will also need access to these forums to discuss the cards, their iteration changes, and reporting tasks and feedback.
    - You should have the time to dedicate to playing matches, theory-crafting, and discussion. (If you're used to using a mobile app on the go to play, please consider how your available time factors in before signing up)

I have another question, but I don't see it on this FAQ. What do I do?
    You can send me (Demnchi) a PM with your question or ask below.

I'm still interested. How do I sign up?
    You can sign up by sending a PM to me (Demnchi) with the following information:

1) The IGN (In Game Name) you use the most.
    2) Your age (to ensure you can sign the NDA legally)
    3) Would you say you're a casual player or a competitive one?
    4) Do you enjoy theory-crafting/deck building, playtesting, or perhaps both?
    5) How much time do you believe you could contribute to the PFG3 on a weekly basis?
    6) Any other information you believe would be important to include.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this and I look forward to seeing who will sign up!
    Last edited by Demnchi; 07-22-2013 at 02:40 AM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Interesting
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm thinking about participating this time, how soon do we have to submit applications? I'm going to be seeing some significant shifts in available time in the next couple of weeks and want to be sure I'd have the time before applying.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    I'm thinking about participating this time, how soon do we have to submit applications? I'm going to be seeing some significant shifts in available time in the next couple of weeks and want to be sure I'd have the time before applying.
    You can send it in when you want, the sooner the better, but you do have some time before it starts. If you get accepted and find you can no longer commit the time when it starts, then no harm done.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will definitely be applying for this =]

Will it start as soon as PFG participants have been chosen or will there be at least a month before this starts?
    Last edited by Jo3yb0i; 07-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Finally!

Been checking the forums for weeks awaiting for that post.

Application sent..

I hope its faster that time

CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by cycle View Post
    best news in a long time from shadow era.

player focus group 2 was announced february 2012 and the expansion went live 14 months later in april 2013.
    make of that what u will. i guess a few months can be shaved off for efficiency.
    Do you keep notes of all big events happening in shadow era?
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    hope I make it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It was kinda asked by Warr byrd, but not really: When does it start? Because I'm leaving next friday and won't be online for about 3 weeks, which is quite a significant amount of time. After that I can regularly be online again.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.