Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nish - Kamikaze (Solo)

A lot of posts lately asking about solo mages, so here's my take on it. Some strategy below for the new guys.

This has been heavily tested. It goes balls to the wall and is a blast (get it) to play. This is not a stall deck. It's a do-or-die barrage of lightning and fire.

Nish + 41

Draw
    4 Bad Santa
    4 Bazaar

Burn
    4 Voltar's Ring
    4 Static Shock
    4 Lightning Strike
    4 Fireball
    3 Super Nova

DOT
    1 Poison Gas
    1 Engulfing Flames

Ally Hate

4 Retreat
    2 Consuming Fear
    3 Voice of Winter

Item Hate
    3 Ley Line Nexus

advanced players: -1 VoW, -1 Nova
    use this freed space how you like! suggestions:
    to destroy portal: + 2 Change of Fortune
    for some healing: + 2 Wizent's Prayer
    anti-weapon: +2 Snow Saph (boring) / Violet Thunderstorm (kamikaze!)

This deck needs high power draw. ToK is too slow. TO not consistent enough. Bazaar will give you the steady flow of cards you need and your opponent will rarely waste their item D to remove it. This deck deals many combo's and you will be still be santa bombing to fill your hand. Against warriors, let them summon blood frenzy before you drop bazaar.

Voltar's Ring is your primary T4 drop. Against enemies with heavy item D you can wait until you want to Nish blast or use a LS before you drop it so you guarantee at least one use.

Static Shock is very underrated. Once the ring is down its an awesome 4 dmg for 2cc. Before then, it's a great counter to Kris and Blake. If the board is empty on T2, sometimes I'll just blast the enemy hero with it to scare them into surrendering.

Don't use LS before ring is down unless you need to kill PoTL or Karash. Save fireballs to hurl at your opponent's face.

If you can, avoid using Nova because the damage it does to you really hurts in this build more than others. Rarely do I use more than 1, but I have 3 for the consistency because when you need it, you really need it. Always use Nish blast as your primary board wipe, if they then think its safe to flood the board you will have a Nova waiting.

Flames and poison are difficult to play but they are your counter to mill decks and healing cards like lone wolf.

Retreat is king. Use early to counter rush. Use late to counter fatty roll. Use before you santa bomb to piss off your opponent.
    with a full set of retreat, 2 CF is enough. save for worm, garg, steadfast allies.

3 LLN b/c without allies, 2 isn't enough; Night Prowler, Spelleaters, buffed weapons (esp. rapid fire bows) are your worst enemy.

Voice of Winter to counter your other worst enemy: hasted allies.
    Last edited by Jets; 07-07-2013 at 04:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like this!
    The Man, The Myth, The NikeemAsur
    Facebook: MeekinOnMovies
    @MeekinOnMovies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i don't see anyway that this deck can beat a lone wolf since it won't deal enough damage to them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck can deal potential 55 damage from spells, its more than enough. The question is can you stay alive long enough. Darkclaw is bad news for any mage. Armor is a game changer here but I've beaten him a few times without, it's possible. The poison and flames will cancel his healing. They'll waste time setting up EA and holding onto ally control. Get VoW out b/c hasted damage from LH is killer. Just unload your burn as fast as you draw it and only Nova for the kill.
    Last edited by Jets; 07-08-2013 at 01:23 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    55 damage over maybe 7-8 turn, and lone wolf heal 2 damage every turn plus regeneration which cure poison and flame so it cut it down by a ton. and the deck have no item removal (4 cost below) and server ties, lone wolf will have free reign. maybe no chance is an overstatement, but i think you only have about a 5- percent chance of winning against them unless they just get absolutely now good draw whatsoever.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Even with its ability to beat the lone wolf in question it looks like a fun deck, either winning big or crash and burning. May have to play this a bit

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i would personally include Snow Sapphire regardless of how boring it might be. There are a few decks that would nearly auto-win against this (including darkclaw) and let's face it, the single copy of poison and flames is hardly enough to mitigate the 2 healing he's probably getting. More often then not you won't have them both out and other times he'll use regeneration and remove it anyway. Snow Sapphire is perhaps your only chance to stall out long enough to deal enough damage. But even then it seems unlikely.
    Looks like a fun deck, but i prefer to play decks that have no Insta-lose and that would involve adding item destruction to this and screwing the whole theme.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Love the idea! I actually starting messing around with a Nishaven deck today, so I'll try this out.

This question probably doesn't belong here, but I'd rather not start a thread just for it.
    If I want to use Nish with allies, is there anything (besides voltar) that can reduce or eliminate his ability damage on friendly allies?
    Last edited by aNIMaL; 07-18-2013 at 05:20 PM.
    No animals were harmed in the making of this sig... I tried, but that damn monkey was way too fast.

IGN: Disturbed Animal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reinforced armor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry for not getting it. What's the point in 4X Bazaar and 4X Voltar's Ring if you can only lay one of each and they hardly get ever removed?