Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Beta 1.06 Feedback

Love the new cards and hero. AI is starting to get pretty smart now.
    Also found two bugs:
    1. When the Holy Shield is placed in the graveyard the card becomes larger.
    2. I think this is a bug, one of the enemies cards is off to the right in the allies section.

Pictures:

Edit: (3rd Bug) Plasma Behemoth was in the graveyard but was still attacking me like it wasn't.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mastery51; 08-23-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. AI still suicides with nova. Used it when i had one ready to die hero and he had 2. Also immediately after that he cast it again with 2 heroes on the field.
    2. I tried to cast holy shield on the hero but the only button that appeared. When i casted the heroes ability the shield was gone.
    3. Cards when they go to the graveyard sometimes become larger (not only holy shield).
    4. When i used that resurrect spell that puts the creatures from the graveyard to the top of your deck it also keeps the attached +attack enchantment on the resurrected creature.
    5. I think plague is crappy
    Last edited by Diamondius; 08-23-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Edit: (3rd Bug) Plasma Behemoth was in the graveyard but was still attacking me like it wasn't.
    I see I am not the only one who has come across this bug. So it is not just a random bug?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree AI is getting better. I like the new cards, except for plague, maybe it could be a 4 cost destroy 2 enemy resources rare card instead. Also with all the neat new cards I noticed being short on allies to start sometimes. I wonder if a "mulligan" type rule could be in place. It sucks having alot of neat healing and enhancement cards but no allies to use them on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The A.I. attacked my Sandra Trueblade with Holy Strength attached to her.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    One thing I noticed about the AI is that it seems to use the cost of the ally to determine what to target with things like fireball. It always targets the ally with the highest cost. It should instead target the ally with the highest atk.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NPD View Post
    One thing I noticed about the AI is that it seems to use the cost of the ally to determine what to target with things like fireball. It always targets the ally with the highest cost. It should instead target the ally with the highest atk.
    Not sure I agree with that. In a scenario I described earlier (where the AI actually one for the first time). I had four allies on the board, among them was Jasmine (atk 4) and Aldon The Brave (atk 2 + special ability) — the AI targeted Aldon, which in my opinion, was exactly what the AI should have done because his ability was enhancing my whole board...

This is of 0.7, but this new version is so minuscule in change, there is no point in adding a new thread.

Healing Touch needs a better explanation. It doesn't clearly state what it does (a bit confusing).

Plague is terrible. Never would I use that card, never.

When Sandra Trublade entered play, the opponent did not lose an enemy resource (tried 4 times).

Plasma Behemoth is still glitches in 0.7

There needs to be note that says you cannot deploy 'Destroy Arms' because of the lack of opponent item cards.

'The Plague' (yes I did use it once) destroyed all of my resources even though I was certain I had 7 (and considering the enemy had 6).
    This may be because of the resources being deducted from the amount of resources you have left to use rather than your full amount.

Big glitch. Your hero, once killed goes to the graveyard (without showing the defeat screen) and opponents continue to attack her from the grave. She somehow gains 25 health. (see picture) I think this may be because the card has been classified as a normal card (rather than hero) so goes to the graveyard, but the other cards have been programmed to attack the hero so continue to do so.

There is definitely a massive issue in the lack of cards later on in the game. Needs to be sorted.

Thanks
    Mad

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by revZloco View Post
    Not sure I agree with that. In a scenario I described earlier (where the AI actually one for the first time). I had four allies on the board, among them was Jasmine (atk 4) and Aldon The Brave (atk 2 + special ability) — the AI targeted Aldon, which in my opinion, was exactly what the AI should have done because his ability was enhancing my whole board...
    Yes, my solution isn't the ideal implementation. There are actually many factors to take into consideration when choosing a target, health,atk, abilities, whether using the ability will allow my ally to kill your ally, etc. My suggestion is just the basis of a target scheme where atk should have a more important consideration then cost. In you situation, unless I'm underestimating the AI, I think the computer just got lucky in selecting the better guy because both those guys have the same cost.

maybe Kyle could give us a basic idea of how the computer makes its decisions so we could help improve it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by mad@pocketfullofapps.com View Post
    Healing Touch needs a better explanation. It doesn't clearly state what it does (a bit confusing).
    Plague is terrible. Never would I use that card, never.
    Specific card comments should go in the card threads, so it is easier to track

When Sandra Trublade entered play, the opponent did not lose an enemy resource (tried 4 times).
    Plasma Behemoth is still glitches in 0.7
    'The Plague' (yes I did use it once) destroyed all of my resources even though I was certain I had 7 (and considering the enemy had 6).
    Your hero, once killed goes to the graveyard (without showing the defeat screen) and opponents continue to attack her from the grave.
    Thanks for the bug reports! I uploaded a new version which fixes these issues. I left the version number at 0.7 since it is a quick bugfix

The reason for the introduction of new bugs is that the base game engine has undergone major changes to allow for better AI (the AI will be able to simulate the game in memory, to pick the best cards to play based on the actual results), plus of course all the new Priest cards means a lot more combinations to test.