Close

Thread: baduruu

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

baduruu

so i hear a lot how he is a underpower hero, can someone tell me why?

i mean, his ability is some of the best in the game (IMO). your resource is literally double with his ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He was kinda bad before the release of Dark Prophecies. He is still not the easiest hero to play but he is not the underdog of Shadow Era anymore in my opinion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To make good use of Baduruu's ability, you need to be drawing good weapons on a fairly regular basis, especially at the beginning. Prior to the addition of Dark Prophecies cards, the only good bow was Soul Seeker. The addition of Grundler's Double, as well as some non-weapon cards, bumped him up from terrible to fairly good. However, like ahmet said, he is a difficult hero to use, and many weaker players confuse that with being weak.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have seen several fantastic Baduruu's in the 200+ rating, and when they are working they are amazing, but once or twice they just dont come together and get creamed. But i agree with Warr Byrd, he is out of shadoweras basement and very playable, though to build a good deck is expensive

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ty for the feedback

i'm kinda torn between guardian oath and grundler double, guardian oath save me from pretty much anything except direct damage. but grundler ignored stealth and give you card if you have ally in play. in one hand, the oath kill most allies before they attack (even stealth) but i desperately need a draw engine. does pride of mountain give you card if the allies were kill by trap?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by azx634 View Post
    ty for the feedback

i'm kinda torn between guardian oath and grundler double, guardian oath save me from pretty much anything except direct damage. but grundler ignored stealth and give you card if you have ally in play. in one hand, the oath kill most allies before they attack (even stealth) but i desperately need a draw engine. does pride of mountain give you card if the allies were kill by trap?
    Unfortunately no. PotM doesn't give you draw with traps' trigger. However, Baduruu being a weapon hero, you could use PotM to an extent. Also, weapon heroes usually don't include as much allies as ally based ability heroes, so you will find yourself with 1 ally and 1 weapon (Grundler's Double) giving you occasional draw. Wendith is a good ally for this. She also buffs your weapon.

Not so sure about other draw options for Shadow hunter. I built my last Baduruu a while ago. Maybe some Sacrificial Lamb or Bloodthirsty or Wrath of the Forest even.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    ty for the feedback

4 GD bow needed: Sample deck: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l=1#post364178

Your GD bow is your draw engine. Also HBM helps.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ty for the feedback

Just go with Gundler's Double and Soul Seeker.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.