Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Banebow vs. Zhanna? Help please!

I have a ok deck so far, but I cannot beat my friends zhanna. I have a budget of 8500 gold to buy cards.
    I need help to beat this braggart with his retreats and tidal waves and bunches of cards, please?
    Can I add cards to beat this priest with my gold, or am I just out of luck?
    He uses the seductress, aeon, worms, brax sold, champ Irum, jasmine, aldon and retreat, banish, ice storm, tidal.
    My losing deck=
    Sknight 4
    Gargoyle 4
    Death Mage 3
    Furion 3
    Acolyte 3
    Death collector 2
    Karash 4

Perfect Shot 2
    SLamb 4
    Shriek 2
    Leyline 2

Wrath of forest 4
    Soul seeker 4

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I have a ok deck so far, but I cannot beat my friends zhanna. I have a budget of 8500 gold to buy cards.
    I need help to beat this braggart with his retreats and tidal waves and bunches of cards, please?
    Can I add cards to beat this priest with my gold, or am I just out of luck?
    He uses the seductress, aeon, worms, brax sold, champ Irum, jasmine, aldon and retreat, banish, ice storm, tidal.
    My losing deck=
    Sknight 4
    Gargoyle 4
    Death Mage 3
    Furion 3
    Acolyte 3
    Death collector 2
    Karash 4

Perfect Shot 2
    SLamb 4
    Shriek 2
    Leyline 2

Wrath of forest 4
    Soul seeker 4

- 2 DC, - 2 SL

+ 2 PB, + 1 Flame A, + 1 TPS.

That should help you a bit.

A lot is dependent on how you play your deck too. A lot.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't tell me your friend's name is Joy...
    I think your deck is already decent. Hope you can beat your friend soon.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Typical Zhanna's play against BB

If Zhanna manages to fight for the board before t5 then

t4 Draw engine
    t5 Sandworm
    t6 3cc+3cc (Seductress if BB is at 6 res.) or 2cc + 4cc (typically Banish + CoI or Retreat + 4cc draw engine), or Aeon.
    t7 KP or Ice Storm + 3cc (at 6 res.)

Or sometimes

t4 Draw engine
    t5 Tidal Wave
    t6 Banish or Retreat + Elizabeth
    t7 Banish + 3cc or Retreat + 5cc

Or

FP to destroy WotF
    Draw engine → Tidal Wave
    or TW after FPing WotF (depending on how long w.staff lasts)

In CotC, PB after TW was a golden move. Sadly it is not the case anymore. A single ally can easily be countered by Seductress or Banish. BB does not have a strong game finishing power, so Zhanna can sit back and counter everything BB plays until she gets tempo gain cards.

If you only aim to beat Zhanna, my advice would be different from Raph's post.

1. Keep the number of 3cc allies. PB is not as useful anymore against Zhanna. You need cheap and spammable allies.
    2. a)Add cards to destroy Zhanna's draw engine. t4 Elizabeth is relatively easy to deal with, and you need 2 allies on board to deal with t6 Elizabeth.
    b) 2 Sov + 1~2 Acid Jet helps to destroy W.Staff. SoV is useful when you know Zhanna has Seductress. Acid Jet can also be used on KP. 2 Sov, 1 AJ and 2 LLN or 2 AJ, 1 LLN should be good.
    c) Keep MA for Tainted Oracles. 4 copies of MA is also effective against Sandworms.
    3. You need to have more than 3 copies of the Perfect Shot.

Good luck!

P.S. I always forget about this guy... -2 3cc allies and +2 Kairos!!!
    Last edited by Kylt; 07-02-2013 at 07:26 AM.
    IGN: Kyltz

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Typical Zhanna's play against BB

If Zhanna manages to fight for the board before t5 then

t4 Draw engine
    t5 Sandworm
    t6 3cc+3cc (Seductress if BB is at 6 res.) or 2cc + 4cc (typically Banish + CoI or Retreat + 4cc draw engine), or Aeon.
    t7 KP or Ice Storm + 3cc (at 6 res.)

Or sometimes

t4 Draw engine
    t5 Tidal Wave
    t6 Banish or Retreat + Elizabeth
    t7 Banish + 3cc or Retreat + 5cc

Or

FP to destroy WotF
    Draw engine → Tidal Wave
    or TW after FPing WotF (depending on how long w.staff lasts)

In CotC, PB after TW was a golden move. Sadly it is not the case anymore. A single ally can easily be countered by Seductress or Banish. BB does not have a strong game finishing power, so Zhanna can sit back and counter everything BB plays until she gets tempo gain cards.

If you only aim to beat Zhanna, my advice would be different from Raph's post.

1. Keep the number of 3cc allies. PB is not as useful anymore against Zhanna. You need cheap and spammable allies.
    2. a)Add cards to destroy Zhanna's draw engine. t4 Elizabeth is relatively easy to deal with, and you need 2 allies on board to deal with t6 Elizabeth.
    b) 2 Sov + 1~2 Acid Jet helps to destroy W.Staff. SoV is useful when you know Zhanna has Seductress. Acid Jet can also be used on KP. 2 Sov, 1 AJ and 2 LLN or 2 AJ, 1 LLN should be good.
    c) Keep MA for Tainted Oracles. 4 copies of MA is also effective against Sandworms.
    3. You need to have more than 3 copies of the Perfect Shot.

Good luck!

P.S. I always forget about this guy... -2 3cc allies and +2 Kairos!!!
    this works: everything's dependent on play experience. It will be the decider.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elizabeth isn't too dangerous for me, she gets her life scratched by my FT or ability, since Zhanna needs her ability to heal up after my rush. The MA is only good for the worms, he doesn't run oracles, but heirlooms. No way to stop him from drawing there... Kyltz pretty much listed how my games typically go
    I thought about running more item destruction, but that slows down my deck, which is death, of course. If I gain the board, tw. If it's evenly matched, retreat/banish, drop worm/aeon/KP. I tried running a couple of big creatures, but with 12 ways to remove something I just spent 6 resources on, not including jasmine and seductress, it seemed like a bad idea. I do like the idea of 4 acid jets instead of the mixture though. If I don't have anything on the board to deal that extra 2 points of endurance for a KP, I'm losing the game anyway I think.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    PB is not a golden move even in the era of CotC. Retreat! + Jasmine is a very common answer. If you replay PB, either another Retreat! + another ally or Aldon + attack from WS + attack from Jasmine or KP + attack from Jasmine can deal wtih PB.

On the other hand, Kairos is really good after TW. Since neither Retreat! nor Banish works. Zhanna's best move is Seductress and another 3cc ally, such as Jasmine. The 2nd best is just another TW. So I think your plan to win should be put WotF in play, then Kairos followed by SK to force out all her TWs. Keep PA/TPS in hand and save your SE to deal with her tough allies. If you can kill all her allies, TKP is nothing to be afraid of.
    IGN: TJ TyrX
    Trapmaster of Jars
    Move as swift as the Wind. Hide as silent as a Forest.
    Attack as fierce as Fire. Defend as steady as a Mountain.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here are my thoughts:

1. Play 3 The Perfect Shots.

2. Stick to 4 SLambs and 4 Wraths. If you anticipate a Tidal Wave and you're low on cards in hand (without a Wrath in play), don't hesitate to use SLamb on a perfectly healthy ally. With The Perfect Shot and Furrion Terror, Banebow can easily recover the board even if your opponent drops a fatty/a bunch of allies when your board control is shaky.

3. Use 2 to 3 Poison Arrows. They're quite good for recovering the board when Zhanna plays a late game Tidal + Jasmine/other 3 cc ally.

(Also, play 4 Acolytes and 3 Gargoyles, not the other way round)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another anti-retreat/banish card is the attachment assumed command, 3cc plus this on t6 after tidal, especially if you had Wotf down before tidal might be a good play.

I don't know if it would work or not as I haven't used it much.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Must be my twin. I asked for help against Amber, but they both use the same creature pool, retreats, and KP. I would consider zhanna and amber to be two of our toughest matches. Im running 4 Acid jets, 2 shrieks, and ive replaced 2 Of my soul seekers with golden katar. DC rarely lives to be useful. 4/4 of garg and acolyte with a few dmt keeps us more versatile. Plus they have a better chance of living long enough To be sac lambed.
    Still on the fence about the katar at the moment, but when it works, it really works! Attacking allies are all knocked down within range of your ability, and if they destroy it with ability, it means they've left your wrath of the forest alone. Wotf=win for BB if they don't get rid of it. you will miss those 2 soul seekers against a rush/burn deck though.
    IGN: xSeanx, zChiefz

Meltdown FAQ
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....A-How-To-Guide
    Getting Started: Gold Farming/Deck Building
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ding*&p=397749