Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As some have expressed, you have to consider that these class cards would be accessible to all warriors. We can already see the potential danger of that with some of these really strong cards. I think a different and more challenging class could have been selected. its not like you are trying to better the shadow warriors that already exist, you got the chance to choose whichever. Some nice cards are in there however, not in the correct direction though, IMO.
    I think the hero's ability is fine. Value on it is gained based upon the amount of allies that you can play, however, you'll be susceptible to other heroes that control allies well and you can risk losing some serious card value and advantage. The ability can be used strategically and it can be wasted in the same light.

In comparison to the other set, however, I do like this one a lot better.
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe make Cassius's Ability for your turn only. Otherwise I like the idea of bringing tokens into SE. Who is the "White Weenie" fan of the group? I will say that the lack of polish and finish for this challenge is highly upsetting.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by OgAusp View Post
    As some have expressed, you have to consider that these class cards would be accessible to all warriors. We can already see the potential danger of that with some of these really strong cards. I think a different and more challenging class could have been selected. its not like you are trying to better the shadow warriors that already exist, you got the chance to choose whichever. Some nice cards are in there however, not in the correct direction though, IMO.
    I think the hero's ability is fine. Value on it is gained based upon the amount of allies that you can play, however, you'll be susceptible to other heroes that control allies well and you can risk losing some serious card value and advantage. The ability can be used strategically and it can be wasted in the same light.

+1.

You don't play this Hero by spamming allies and spamming abilities. You don't get a win that way. You need to react to opponents as well, spend tempo for draw, weapon or disables. If you get to flood an opponent by having quite a few buffed allies, grats. He probably couldnt control you well enough.
    Psalms 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

A reason to fight. A purpose to defend. A brotherhood to cherish.
    The Warriors of the Blue Phoenix await you right here.

:: My guide to basic deck-building ::

Conquestadore
    :: Warden of the Phoenix Causeway ::
    :: Warrior of the Blue Phoenix ::
    :: Greatness Reborn ::

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah... I double posted... Sorry fellows
    Do NOT Click Here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The fact that they made a 2cc 2/2 ally with haste and no drawback show they have a limited understanding of balance. The SA is also hilariously unbalanced. It's way beyond the elementalis ability. And tokens are just pure MTG, not sure how I feel about that. The other team is all about mill, which I suppose is all Mtg as wll . Wish they would try to bring more uniqueness to shadow era.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oijjio View Post
    The fact that they made a 2cc 2/2 ally with haste and no drawback show they have a limited understanding of balance. The SA is also hilariously unbalanced. It's way beyond the elementalis ability. And tokens are just pure MTG, not sure how I feel about that. The other team is all about mill, which I suppose is all Mtg as wll . Wish they would try to bring more uniqueness to shadow era.
    ...How?

It's quite difficult to make up anything original without breaking what the game is, a TCG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I won't go into detail with some mishaps already mentioned in the thread.

Firstly, Cassius' ability is overpowered. When Aldon is played you kill it and you get rid off the buff. You don't have this option playing against this hero. Not to mention Shadow allies are already the most survivable of the bunch. It shouldn't have any health buff and his attack buff should have a restriction. Something like 4SE, give +1 attack for 2 turns or 3SE give buff till your next turn or something like that.

I like how you went with a new Shadow warrior. As of now I don't have much interest in them. I don't think they are better than their human counterparts. I also like the cards that support board presence and weapon availability although they didn't need them much considering they have one of the good draw engines out there. I'm not sure about tokens. It's something new to me. I found this set of cards rather exciting. I like the additions to Yari and Braxnorian cards.

Yari Scout 2/2 with haste might be a bit too much. I'm not sure on that. So far we have 1/1/1 Kris, 3/1/5 FFM and 5/2/4 Berzerker (haste with a condition). I might have forgotten some. I think compared to them this one is very good. Designing new allies with haste is a delicate subject I believe. Maybe a card like this should be tested at some point. We can't have all very weak hasted allies.

Conscription and Braxnorian Encampment are very similar imo.

Battle Madness might be overpowered. The strategy guide you provided says "However it can also be used as a nasty surprise package after attacking, allowing you to sacrifice your ally to finish off that big target." I don't think this is right. Can you use Assassination with an exhausted ally? It sounds like you can first attack with your ally and then use it with Battle Madness after exhausting it. This could cause lots of misunderstandings and trouble with rulings. Also, it should either cost 3 or be a 2cc and deal 3 damage instead of 4 imo.

Good presentation. Easy to read. Overall nice job.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BTW, Hydra's Kiss should actually look like this:

Feel free to transfer SC to account TJ Jazz or PM a Redeem code to me!
    http://www.shadowera.com/?r=2386460

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And warrior tokens should look like this:

Feel free to transfer SC to account TJ Jazz or PM a Redeem code to me!
    http://www.shadowera.com/?r=2386460