Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool Gravestalker - V1.0 Thoughts, Suggestions?

I present the "Gravestalker":

Hero(1):
    Moonstalker
    Stealthy Hero that causes great emotional pain to opponents.

Allies (11):
    Plasma Behemoth *4
    Direct damage fatty.
    Death Mage Thaddeus *3
    Direct damage weenie.
    Fatty that resurrects allies and helps prevent them from being destroyed while in the graveyard.

Abilities (25):
    Captured Prey *3
    Stops direct damage allies and those that just annoy me.
    Full Moon *4
    Amps allies and prevents damage to hero.
    Shadow Font *4
    Refuels hero's ability.
    Rain Delay *4
    Hides from all opponent's allies.
    Bad Santa *4
    Late game draw engine when you have a chance to play one of the cards you draw.
    Ley Line Nexus *3
    Destroys the annoying weapons/armor + draw. Voice of Winter, Gundler's Double, Crescendo etc.
    Blood Moon *3
    Early game draw engine, when Moonstalker's ability won't interfere with it.

Artifacts (3):
    Arthyle's Crypt *3
    Another layer of resurrection and safety against things like Death Collector, Rotling etc.

Total Cards: 39+1
    Total Cost: 8780g

Experimental Alternate Version Cards:
    Blinding Storm
    Added level of protection against direct damage abilities.
    Spectral Sabre
    Attachment destruction or 2 damage weapon.
    Bloodthirsty
    Nice amp for Plasma Behemoth.

Now this deck has been fairly solid, though I have gone down a bit the last few days because of bad match-ups, and several DC's (my wireless is having a problem). The main weaknesses for this deck are Baduruu running Here Be Monsters, Cobraskin Wraps and Grundler's Double; and shadow mages and Eldawin. Baduruu with resource suppression is hands down the worst to play against with this deck. Anyway any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gravestalker UPDATED
    Last edited by highmystica; 09-28-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Changed formating, added update link

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you could maybe go with "now you're mine" instead of the rain delays and i am not sure about the crypt with moonstalker
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    NYM is of limited help in this deck, I don't worry to much about the weenies early in game, they simply don't do enough dmg. Indeed I tend to ignore the allies in general except for the ones that do direct dmg, if they have a horde out and no support destruction then the rain delay will halt them all, and I can throw fireballs in the rain. By turn 4 I can hide forever, and as of yet I haven't seen anybody play a Storm Cloak aside from myself in another deck I was experimenting with. I sometimes have a problem w/ players destroying my support stuff, but with so many support things for them to choose from to destroy I normally can make it out alright because they use it on my other stuff along the way. As far as the crypt it gives them another target and reinforces my resurrection ability and also helps add a layer of protection to the decks that eat one's graveyard. Likewise crypt can come in handy when playing a true millstalker w/ around 50+ cards, I can hide better since my deck is smaller, but if they keep killing my guys off I can recycle things back into my deck ... which by the way is rather amusing to do to a millstalker - kill them w/ bad santa. Regeneration might be the answer for the pesky mages and Baduruu, but then it leaves the problem of what to swap out.

As it stands now I tend to hold off as long as possible before using my ability and after I play a DMT then I tend to put the others in the resource pile. There are a few other combos I have thought about, but I don't have all the cards yet. still I find it almost as effective as my burnstalker deck was in the previous meta.

But Caitlyn0 just so you know your solo Majiya would kill this deck, not that I would mind, Majiya is my favorite mage

Burnstalker: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ny-suggestions
    Last edited by highmystica; 07-01-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks like a really weak millstalker. you've left out many of the cards that make him so effective. I've found that moonstalker is effective in 2 ways - running 20 allies with 40 cards or running 6 allies with 50 cards… you gotta have a lot of support abilities and items to survive long enough to take down your opponent with so few allies. DMT is much less effective than Evil Ascendant and lone wolf
    IGN: Dashbdash2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This isn't a millstalker deck, besides millstalker is dead, Zaladar is much much better at it (faster too).

Evil Ascendant is more of a hindrance in this deck even with the recursion this deck offers, Plasma Behemoth is the main source of damage and I don't want to help my opponent kill it. Lone Wolf really only could help me for 1-2 turns tops because of DMT and PB. If I dropped the DMT to make room then this would be just another millstalker and my rating would drop rapidly (though it has anyway because I keep making bizarre decks). You would be better off thinking of this deck as Gravebone w/ infinite stealth, hence the name. Making the changes you suggest would also make this deck weaker against Mages and Baduruu not stronger.
    Last edited by highmystica; 07-10-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like a millstalker to me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too small to be millstalker, if I focused on milling rather than damage and recursion I would mill myself out. I have very rarely won by milling (once against a real millstalker with 52 or 56 cards, don't remember the exact amount, though I could have tossed two fireballs instead of back to back Bad Santas). The only thing that this has in common with a millstalker is stealth, bad santa and captured prey, which makes it similar to millstalker. This deck is about Burn, Stealth and Resurrection; you simply can't mill with this and will almost never win that way (it amazes me every time I do). Comparing it to an actual millstalker is simply short sighted, it can't mill, nor is it meant to. This deck wins by burn and no longer getting hit by allies once you get mid-game. It doesn't win by the other person running out of cards, the games don't last long enough for that. With that being said it should be obvious that this isn't a millstalker, simply amplifying Moonstalker's ability is not enough to consider a deck a millstalker. This deck is EXACTLY what I called it ... Gravestalker.
    Last edited by highmystica; 07-12-2013 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Clarification

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    These are the cards in your deck that stalls and indirectly mills your opponent in the process (that is what a Millstalker does):

4x Shadow Knight: Pseudo draw helps keep your hand size. Good for making an economical use of your cards. Also gets back allies from graveyard.
    4x Full Moon: It is also a stall card rather than giving a damage boost to your allies.
    4x Rain Delay: Stall card.
    4x Shadow Font: Stall.
    4x Bad Santa: Bilateral draw. Indirect mill.
    3x Arthyle's Crypt: Same with SK.

Not all Millstalkers have large decks. Some lock their hands or use cards like SK and Arthyle's Crypt so that they don't mill themselves before the opponent. Some cards in that list are not always used with the idea of indirect milling but it happens as you said so yourself. You could play your deck as a Millstalker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I still can't consider it a mill deck because the damage comes from allies rather than milling, the only mill card is bad santa. I only use Full Moon as a stall only if I'm in a bad situation, much much better to amp up my allies attack with it. Dropping that when I have my nasties out and the game is mine. Stalling is not the same as milling. The games where I have milled are rare and only happen vs millstalkers and solo dark claws. It happens, but it is incredibly rare that I can't consider it a viable strategy for this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Gravestalker - UPDATED

Stealthy Hero that causes great emotional pain to opponents.

Allies:
    Plasma Behemoth *4
    Direct damage fatty.
    Death Mage Thaddeus *3
    Direct damage weenie.
    Fatty that resurrects allies and helps prevent them from being destroyed while in the graveyard.
    Item Destruction or Fatty.

Abilities:
    Captured Prey *3
    Stops direct damage allies and those that just annoy me.
    Full Moon *4
    Amps allies and prevents damage to hero.
    Shadow Font *3
    Refuels hero's ability.
    Rain Delay *4
    Hides from all opponent's allies.
    Bad Santa *3
    Late game draw engine when you have a chance to play one of the cards you draw.
    Blood Moon *3
    Early game draw engine, when Moonstalker's ability won't interfere with it.
    Bloodthirsty *3
    Nasty draw engine for Plasma Behemoth.

Artifacts:
    Arthyle's Crypt *2
    Another layer of resurrection and safety against things like Death Collector, Rotling etc.

Weapons:
    Spectral Sabre *2
    Free me from Captured Prey, Consuming Fear, etc.