Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess I should rephrase that turn-5 thing: going first, I can play both a bow and Terror on turn 5, which has a much bigger impact than, assuming I go second, playing a bow and something else that's 4cc max, or playing a bow and waiting 'til the next turn to drop Terror. Bow + Terror usually has more impact than Bow + Thaddeus, for example.

And honestly, I forgot about Behemoth being semi-immune to CB. Maybe I'll go 2/2/2 instead of 3/3, usin' Terror, Behemoth, n' something else. But other than being better against Warriors, how does Behemoth stack up against others heroes? Mages are currently my biggest worry, being able to kill or incapacitate him with ease.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well, many 5 cost allies are good. For example, SK brings back and ally and I don't have to activate 3 res just to deal dmg, freeing up my res for other things. Wendith's bow boosting ability is so sweet at times. kairos is also good; but his cost is a little too high IMO. Badurru can win with just 5 res for entire game.

And of cos, FT is just great, going first or second. Regarding mages: if they don't have nova, 5 life is 'quite' hard to kill. Plus, badu can heal; mages can't, nova hurts them too. (Human mages don't run too many retreats in current meta)

One can try brutal Minotaur. But again, my purpose is to have a Deck that does well against most MUs. brutal is too easily handles by human warriors via retreat, cb and tooth. Pb vs Minotaur, pb is better vs human warriors, IMO.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A Mage not running Supernova is too big an if, at least from my experience. Plus, if my opponent has a 2-3/4 ally (which is common) on their side of the field when my bow summon comes around, Behemoth is tied with SK for being least able to help me there out of all the 5ccs mentioned so far; Wraith could bounce it, Wendith could give me the boost to kill it, Terror can bring it down to kill range.

I realize I might be trying to shoot down all these arguments in favor of it, I'm just apprehensive about using it when all it's glorious destructive potential is delayed until the turn after playing it, when a turn in SE can mean the game. I'm still going to test it out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was joking about not playing Baduruu, I've actually been maining him the entire time + Serena. But it's true I never play 5cc allies with him because I'm too busy laying traps and stealing cards like a GANGSTA. My objective as Baduruu is to be as annoying as possible.,

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great, now all I can imagine is Baduruu usin'' a crossbow n' shooting it at people while holding it sideways. That probably wouldn't work too well...

And I'm not really a fan of the card-stealin'/resource-destroyin' Baduruu. Just not my cup o' tea.