Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been experimenting with my Baduruu deck s'more (you can check the updated decklist in the original post), n' I was wondering what everyone thought I should do about my 5cc allies.

I'd like to keep the two-3x thing I already have going with them, and I'd like to keep the Terrors in since they've helped me countless times against waves of enemy allies (I can take 'em out if I really need to, though), so I'm currently trying to decide between using Wendith, Wraith, or Shadow Knight.

-Wendith has decent survivability, Ambush for when she sticks to the field, and the extra bow damage vs. allies can really hurt if I play a bow at the same time.
    -Wraith has just as much survivability as Wendith with a bit less damage, but the bounce is also a good start to dismantling resistance, and has an on-summon effect that's not dependant on a bow.
    -Everybody's favorite Knight has the highest damage by far n' has an on-summon effect that acts more as a buff than a debuff, which is more consistent, but the lower HP really hurts even though it's just by 1, and the extra damage isn't usually needed, since even a hit from a bow and a Wraith is enough to take out most allies.

So... which should I go with?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wendith also gets your buffed bow up to four damage aginst allies and both can be played on the same turn using SE ability. So this might be a nice addition. Plus with ambush she can help take down fatties without suffering any retaliaztion. Amubush trumps Defender even.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My advice is to stop playing Baduruu. Ok well if you must, I would stay away from cost 5 allies and go staight to the cost 6 guy that defends you because he is super tanky and won't backfire on you as badly as the Knight does vs Mind Control

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    My advice is to stop playing Baduruu. Ok well if you must, I would stay away from cost 5 allies and go staight to the cost 6 guy that defends you because he is super tanky and won't backfire on you as badly as the Knight does vs Mind Control
    Baduruu is not weak at all, just IMO. I know some People were watching my Pre-reset games with my successful tempo baduruu deck; it's a beast. I am supposed to post it here but got lazy. Going first, try beating a T5 PB + GD. It's not easy. Kill the PB, but u can't deal with the bow; kill the bow but you can't deal with the PB.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    Baduruu is not weak at all, just IMO. I know some People were watching my Pre-reset games with my successful tempo baduruu deck; it's a beast. I am supposed to post it here but got lazy. Going first, try beating a T5 PB + GD. It's not easy. Kill the PB, but u can't deal with the bow; kill the bow but you can't deal with the PB.
    Retreat + FP or smashing blow, Or t4 JD, t5 Seductress + SB

But yes, that move is very strong, except your hand gets empty on t5 if you played a card on t2. If the bow is Soul Seeker then you get no draw so even more tight.
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've often thought Golden Katar would be a nice backup weapon for Baduruu. The drawbacks are obvious, but, if you just need something to get you by til you draw your next GD it might be worth trying out.

Just a thought.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Davis View Post
    I've often thought Golden Katar would be a nice backup weapon for Baduruu. The drawbacks are obvious, but, if you just need something to get you by til you draw your next GD it might be worth trying out.

Just a thought.
    With the vast elads in QM, gd and ss bows are better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Retreat + FP or smashing blow, Or t4 JD, t5 Seductress + SB

But yes, that move is very strong, except your hand gets empty on t5 if you played a card on t2. If the bow is Soul Seeker then you get no draw so even more tight.
    The best Baduruu will always have some issues with warriors, lol. But warriors are beatable for sure. Zhanna is also a little hard.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    "Stop playing Baduruu", you say? I scoff at your advice! And Kairos is nice n' all, but I'm mostly looking for 5cc allies, since I'll be able to play one AND a bow on turn five, assuming I go first. Plus I like being able to have a deck work well at only 5 resources.

Not sure about Plasma Behemoth either. My favorite thing about Baduruu is the huge comeback he makes on the turn he plays his bow for free, and there's no better way to capitalize on that turn than with playing an ally with an on-summon ability. I'll consider it, though.

Katar is an interesting suggestion. Not exactly what I'm looking for, but since it's been said I'll go with it. I've had some good experiences with Guardian's Oath, maybe I'll try Katar sometime. A bit passive, though.

Lastly, Raphael's mostly right about the matchups: the crapton of Eladwens are easy pickins with Seeker to heal n' Terror to semi-wipe the board, and Warriors in general are a pain in the ass (coughAmbercough), but I haven't actually had many problems against Priests. Focused Prayer is annoying, sure, but Tidal Wave isn't too hard to deal with considering I like taking advantage of Double with only one ally, and Perfect Shot makes short work of all the Aeons n' Sandworms.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Just to mention that going second, you can do t5 furrion. I have both furrion and pb in my deck. (Also SK) .

I struggle between wendith and pb as choice ally for going first. Pb won out due to better chance vs warriors. 2 pb on board and if my opponent has no retreat; it's almost gg for warrior.