Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is this the deck you used in that video where you beat Demnchi?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Isn't Snow Sapphire better in this deck? EA's effectiveness is doubled and pwns solo DC / Gwen.
    Back in black :-E

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Is this the deck you used in that video where you beat Demnchi?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by nMer View Post
    Isn't Snow Sapphire better in this deck? EA's effectiveness is doubled and pwns solo DC / Gwen.
    I would say Snow Sapphire would be equally useful, matchup/deck-dependent, IF the deck didn't use Dimension Ripper. If they get one of my Nova Infusions, chances are they'll just sac it, being accustomed to overlooking its usefulness. OR, they play it, and if I'm not in a position to destroy it (low on shadow energy) then it helps them, whereas at least if they play Nova Infusion and I can't destroy it, it's still damaging them. If I used Snow Sapphire, and couldn't destroy it for a few turns, it would really hurt me.

It has some classes that it really dominates, such as Mage, but by and large, has no auto-loss matchups that I've yet discovered, though a few decks/heroes are tougher for it.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    I would say Snow Sapphire would be equally useful, matchup/deck-dependent, IF the deck didn't use Dimension Ripper. If they get one of my Nova Infusions, chances are they'll just sac it, being accustomed to overlooking its usefulness. OR, they play it, and if I'm not in a position to destroy it (low on shadow energy) then it helps them, whereas at least if they play Nova Infusion and I can't destroy it, it's still damaging them. If I used Snow Sapphire, and couldn't destroy it for a few turns, it would really hurt me.

It has some classes that it really dominates, such as Mage, but by and large, has no auto-loss matchups that I've yet discovered, though a few decks/heroes are tougher for it.
    Then I guess the question is, why DR + Nova Infusion, instead of BE + SS? I'd love to hear why you chose DR + NI
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very interesting

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylt View Post
    Then I guess the question is, why DR + Nova Infusion, instead of BE + SS? I'd love to hear why you chose DR + NI
    Honestly, I genuinely feel that the damage done to the foundation of any given deck by having 10-15 cards torn out of it is far more destructive than the slowdown achieved by Snow Sapphire, or the moderate increase in damage output by Berserker's Edge. Remember, half the time I'll be swinging the weapon to deal with allies, and that increased damage output from Berserker's Edge doesn't translate directly to killing the hero more quickly. However, no matter who I strike with the Dimension Ripper, I'm breaking down my opponent's deck.

The much-needed card flow given by Dimension Ripper, the deck-strategy destruction it deals, and the overall damage absorbing qualities of Nova Infusion are why I feel they are stronger in this deck build. I don't believe they are generally stronger than their aforementioned counterparts - just in this deck and its mechanics.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, and like I said above, if I happen to give away a Snow Sapphire with the Ripper when I am out of shadow energy, it's much more annoying to deal with than if I give them a Nova Infusion. Nova Infusion will slowly kill them while I ignore them and continue to attack their allies. Snow Sapphire just sits there, preventing me from attacking them, but it doesn't have any drawback for them to just sit there wearing it.
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 06-30-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh, and another observation, having beaten a solo-Ter Adun this evening: He was using Berserker's Edge, rather than Dimension Ripper, and had he been using Ripper, he'd have beaten me down. Reason is this:

Even if I give away a Dimension Ripper with a rip, it benefits me, as the nominal damage it ends up dealing is giving me even more of your useful cards, and giving you even more of my useless ones.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    please note, it was not me playing solo ter adun
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha. No, no it wasn't.

However, it was a very good player, and while he made some moves I would have not necessarily chosen, I don't think he made any glaring misplays.