Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nishaven Speed/Control

Hey everyone. I'm a long time MTG player and have just been absolutely addicted to Shadow Era lately. Can't wait for more expansions. Anyways, I've been experimenting with some heroes and so far I have fallen for Nishaven. What a beast. I thought I'd share my deck that I've been having a good amount of success with and see what ya'll think.

Nishaven

4x Blake Windrunner (Early Dmg)
    2x Aeon Stormcaller (Late Game Protection/Delay)
    4x Fireball (3rd Turn dmg always to hero)
    2x Poison Gas (Late Game/Sac)
    2x Engulfing Flames (Late Game/Sac)
    4x Lighting Strike (Creature kill, and Hero Dmg)
    3x Retreat! (Crowd Control)
    3x Special Delivery (Finishing/Creature Kill)
    4x Rain Delay (Delay)
    4x Bazaar (Card Draw)
    2x Voice of Winter (Delay)

Usually first turn ill sac a Poison gas, Extra Baazar or Blake, or Engulfing flames. Second turn ill try to get a Blake out, if theres no blake Bazaar. After 3rd turn blake is just used as sacrifice. Third turn ill either fireball or rain delay. Forth is Lightning Strike or Special Delivery. 5th is Voice if i have it if not then fireball and Bazaar/Retreat. 6th is where Ill either do a combination of Nishaven ability followed by a stormcaller or a voice or just dmg.

This deck is all about dmging the hero and using Stormstrikes and Nishaven along with Retreats for crowd control. It tears down the hero pretty fast and id say my worst match up so far has been Gwenneth speed which is just ridiculous.

What do you guys think?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You don't need the 4 bazaars. if you really want to have a bazaar I recommend removing a few of them so you have fewer cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps run Research instead of Bazaar, if you need more draw power.
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure if it's your style but Supernova might be useful. I know it's rather redundant with Nishaven's ability, but it does do 5 damage to both heros. You might consider swapping it with 1-3 of your Special Deliveries. I know you put those in for more high direct damage and you can definitely justify their +1 cost vs fireball. Just thought I would offer up the suggestion.

You can always throw in Snow Sapphire and Freeze if you want more ally-stopping-power, though too much ice seems more cute than it is effective ^.^~
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I used to run something similar but
    - Special Delivery is not the best card in the pack, you should probably find something more damaging.
    - Aeon has the problem that once you are at that level of the game you have enough resources to just blast off anything they throw at you. Because with 7 resources (just one more) you can do 6-8 damage to anything on the board.
    - Retreat is an ok card, the problem with it in this deck is that once you are at 4-5 resources it's probably best to blast away with lighting strike (and kill it than having it spawn again in the next turn)
    - Last but not least you have cards that fight against each other. On Once side Nishaven, Rain Delay and Voice of winter on the other side Blake, Aeon. This means that playing one set will hurt the other making them bad cards to draw.

@Pretty Princess. Nishaven + Supernova is just awesome. It means everytime they get to 3-4 Alies you always have the change to nuke everything.

I ran something similar until I decided to get rid of all Alies. Mainly because if I get past 5 resources, I can basically kill anything they throw at me. I wrote all about that deck here