Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    plo
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    If going digital supposed prohibition of separate card purchase, would you still support it? Because cutting off one stream of benefit will mean that company shall compensate by introducing more predatory business practices that could potentially bring them more money. And it's extremely easy for something like TCG to go that route, considering they were designed with that in mind in a first place.
    That's just what I think. In fact I consider the physical game a leech of the digital, and seriously restraining it. It was because of it in the first place that they've made the no-errata policy. However if it were not for the physical perhaps SE would have to milk players at the digital so they can have money, and would not be free2play.

Also one thing I don't agree with is that SE needs to be loyal to the physical to have it's charm, and going in this direction would not make the game better. In fact it's not very loyal to the physical, in the real world you're not going to see a lightning coming down every time you use lightning strike. In the real world the game won't be fast=passed like the digital, you'll need to take notes. In the real world the meta will be completely different, because not everyone will have the epics like Aeon and Ogloth. In the real world you won't have music. Shall we remove all of this so we feel just like playing physical?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Like it or not, this is not the direction of Shadow Era. From the start, SE was always intended to be faithful to the feeling of playing a real card game such as MTG. And we even do things in our digital game that DotP does not, like I don't know, let you build your own deck... Being faithful to its roots is part of Shadow Era's charm, I think. And that's exactly what many people are looking for, judging by our good reviews.
    ^this is why I play shadow era
    Wayfarer of the Great Beyond
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Samche999
    Final Four in Wulven Apprentice

"I think we are closer, but only because time has passed." -Gondorian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of "good reviews", physical SE, unlike digital version, got pretty terrible reviews, as far as I know.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    Speaking of "good reviews", physical SE, unlike digital version, got pretty terrible reviews, as far as I know.
    Yeah, but you don't know much.

Dice Tower gave it a bad "review", but I'm not sure if anyone else has done one for physical. Based on people I taught the game to, in my local store and at GenCon, those user reviews were very positive.

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The only reason I could see it getting bad reviews is because of its more complex physical play. But considering there's a very in depth guide on how to play the physical game, I see no reason for it to get any worse reviews than the online version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yeah, but you don't know much.

Dice Tower gave it a bad "review", but I'm not sure if anyone else has done one for physical. Based on people I taught the game to, in my local store and at GenCon, those user reviews were very positive.
    Dice Tower was only reviewing the quick start guide, not the game... Oh, and the fact that it's not MTG.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Dice Tower was only reviewing the quick start guide, not the game... Oh, and the fact that it's not MTG.
    Was that the PDF one with a black cover and old paper as texture for the pages? That thing LACKS a designer's touch... feels half-hearted... Not the actual game though...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    couldn't Wulven just serve both those that want Physical and those that want the digital game to be more? as others said, just disallow the "difficult" cards in the physical game.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    Seriously, if you are going to do all that, why are you restricting yourself to cards... Take it to the next step and remove the card and have 3d images... Wouldn't that be amazing...
    Pretty much this : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...f-Zosimos.html or MTG : Tactics
    It's always good to go back to your previous achievement and realize how mediocre it was , because it means that you have improved a lot since that time

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynikus View Post
    I@OP: MTG actually did the whole... tear cards up. It was for their unformat set, but still.
    Chaos Confetti
    Artifact
    (4), Tap: Tear Chaos Confetti into pieces. Throw the pieces onto the playing area from a distance of at least five feet. Destroy each card in play that a piece touches. Remove the pieces from the game afterwards.
    Fun Fact - Chaos Confetti was inspired by a tournament event

----

Also, I kinda liked the concept behind MtG: Tactics ... Scrolls is actually a really REALLY weak versin of what I was hoping MtG:T was going to be. (MtG:T was just buggy and a money sink back when I tried it... though I've heard it changed, I haven't tried it again)