Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Set

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Next Set

I have played SE casually for some time now, and with the introduction of DP, strategy wise the game is gaining some traction... does Wulven have a set time releasing Sets like how MTG releases 3 sets in a year I think... Not hoping for that much output, but will SE ever have it?

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by koisoujiro View Post
    I have played SE casually for some time now, and with the introduction of DP, strategy wise the game is gaining some traction... does Wulven have a set time releasing Sets like how MTG releases 3 sets in a year I think... Not hoping for that much output, but will SE ever have it?
    technically mtg does 4 sets a year (core set + 3 expansions). But as of right now, wulven has no such set time. If the game is successful, I'm sure they'll implement something like that. Most big tcgs I know of do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool... remeber MTG codenamed the ravnica expansions... Control, Alternate, Delete....

As long as new content touches most heroes... may 3 to 4 hero specific cards and 20 human 20 shadow and 10 neutral cards could suffice... builds excitement.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah an expansion a year sounds pretty good. Don't wanna rush things out, but also don't want things to get stale. Too many cards at once makes the meta game messy and inaccessible.
    The Man, The Myth, The NikeemAsur
    Facebook: MeekinOnMovies
    @MeekinOnMovies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think an expansion per year does make things a bit stale midway through.

Kinda like how DP is atm
    Last edited by Airact; 06-30-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think it's stale at all - I just recently switched up my deck and am still plowing through new cards and new strategies. I think for mid-to-low level players, it's great the way it is, but I guess you fancy veterans who know what you're doing could probs get bored.
    The Man, The Myth, The NikeemAsur
    Facebook: MeekinOnMovies
    @MeekinOnMovies

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's my dark prophecies:
    1, next set is going to hit test server at least in 1 year.
    2, next set is going to hit live server at least in 1.5 years.
    3, next set is going to be printed at least in 2 years.
    4, next set will arrive in your hand at least in 2.5 years.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NikeemAsur View Post
    I don't think it's stale at all - I just recently switched up my deck and am still plowing through new cards and new strategies. I think for mid-to-low level players, it's great the way it is, but I guess you fancy veterans who know what you're doing could probs get bored.
    Even most of these fancy vets could still find some fresh combos/strategies to test out. It's just people get very set in their ways, and very set on simply making the best deck they can, then using just that deck to get a high rating.
    But if they change it up, say use a different hero, play more meltdown, or just try a completely different type of deck for the same hero (ie: going from port majiyah to ally-less or something to that effect) then it'll really refresh the game.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynikus View Post
    Even most of these fancy vets could still find some fresh combos/strategies to test out. It's just people get very set in their ways, and very set on simply making the best deck they can, then using just that deck to get a high rating.
    But if they change it up, say use a different hero, play more meltdown, or just try a completely different type of deck for the same hero (ie: going from port majiyah to ally-less or something to that effect) then it'll really refresh the game.
    This is true. I have a few unorthodox decks that are really fun to play, even if they aren't meta-changers. They do so-so in tournaments but that's because they aren't "standard" and/or tuned decks (that and I'm not the greatest of tournament players ).
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynikus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    This is true. I have a few unorthodox decks that are really fun to play, even if they aren't meta-changers. They do so-so in tournaments but that's because they aren't "standard" and/or tuned decks (that and I'm not the greatest of tournament players ).
    I also think that DP is still a bit away from solved and that there are a decent amount of top tier deck ideas that have not yet been played heavily. It is definately true that there are not really strong standard decks for for all the heroes yet.