Cover of Night

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Honestly, it's suck. I put it into resources every single time

try to decrease the cost like 2 or 3, Wel, Holy shield much better, lol
    Yea, i know holy shield is class type card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The single biggest problem with this card, atleast against the AI, is it causes yer hero to die that much quicker. For it's cost, I would say add the hero to it. If you only want allies, reduce the cost by 2. If you add the hero, I would reduce it to one turn, unless you raise the cost by one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Unsure of the power level on this card. I think it might be very good.

Templating: two turns is an awkward amount of time; make sure it's obvious to the players how much time is left on the effect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cover of Night bug can have two instances of it in play by a single player in v1.23.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still a bug in v1.24.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Still a bug in v1.24.
    Confirmed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In its current buggy state, worst possible card: protects the enemy, not you, for at least a turn after the animation whisks it to the graveyard. In the case of a stone golem, it protected that golem from attack for the rest of the game. It sat at 1 hit point for 10 turns until i could kill it with a fireball. There are a few targeting bugs, a similar one was when Moonstalker's shadow power also protected the similar-looking Bad Wolf ally. This card will cost you 4 shadow points and will help you lose the game quickly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds like you're still playing on v1.24 and running into a Mind Control bug? While slightly better in v1.25, Mind Control is still bugged as well and will carry over effects improperly, such as Valiant Defender's and Cover of Night's. One day.. one day, Mind Control will be bug-free.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Never played with or against a Mind Control

I get ShadowEra through the App Store, which says it's 1.25 and up to date.

This is what I've noticed:

Whenever I play Cover of Night, any allies summoned by the other side after I played it are like Erika Shadowhunter - they can't be targeted with an attack, period, at least until a full turn after Cover of Night goes away. About half the time, at random, they keep that status the rest of the game (at which point I pretty much have to quit back to World, especially if 3 or 4 allies are out there forever untargetable).

I saw a similar targeting bug with Moonstalker - when Moonstalker protected itself, quite often other allies were untargetable for an attack. And often that lasts past the next turn, so you can attack Moonstalker, but not either an ally or in some cases several allies (whichever have gotten some sort of can't be attacked bit).

This leads me to believe that at least the Mac client has some very serious targeting bugs. I took Cover of Night out and i only use it every few games to test if it's still bad, and as of today (May 14) it's still bad.