Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thumbs up Victor a top contender?

Is Victor a top contender..?

I am new to Shadow Era and have never really played a trading card game before this one. I have been playing about 2 weeks now.
    I started with a guide for victor and I am very loyal, once I chose him I cannot help but want to be expert in this hero.

Since refining my deck over and over there are always a few weakness that I just cannot plug and keep a consistent deck.
    Is this the same with every hero??
    I'm trying my hardest to build this guy into a beast!!

After doing very well in the early rankings I'm obviously starting to face some worthy opponents now and I'm getting a beat down.
    I have invested in good allies and refined my deck over and over until I was happy. Some games I destroy hands down and others I come close.. When I play a near perfect game on my end and still lose I'm at the point I don't know what to change to improve? Maybe it's draw luck, maybe it's skill, maybe my deck has big holes in it I cannot see.
    Either way..

I want to get better and am open to bettering myself and the art of Victor.
    Is there anyone interested in helping me improve?? Thanks

Hero:
    Victor Heartstriker x1

Allies:
    Jasmine Rosecut x1
    Kristoffer Wyld x2
    Puwen Bloodhelm x1
    Birgitte Skullborn x2
    Aldon the brave x3
    Aeon Stormcaller x2
    Twilight Tribe Herald x2
    Artful Squire x1
    Fleet-Footed Messenger x3
    Champion of Irum x1
    Wymer The Lionheart x2
    Gunther, the general of balor x2

Total: 22

Ability:

Poison Arrow x1
    Rapid fire x1
    Cover of night x1
    Retreat x2
    Extra Sharp x1
    The perfect shot x1
    Rejuvenating Ritual x1
    Treasured Heirloom x3

Total: 11

Weapon / Armor:

Soul Seeker x4
    Wrath of the forest x4

Total: 8

Deck Total: 42

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should make your deck more consistent. Start with this:
    Drop the following cards: Rapid fire x1 Cover of night x1 Extra Sharp x1 Rejuvenating Ritual x1 Birgitte Skullborn x2 Twilight Tribe Herald x2 Puwen Bloodhelm x1 Champion of Irum x1 Wymer The Lionheart x2
    Then add the following:
    The Perfect Shot OR Poison Arrow x 3 (to have enough cards for Victor's ability to recycle)
    Jasmine x 3 OR Layarian Seductress x 3 (depending on when you want to be stronger - going first or going second)
    Ley Line Nexus x 2 OR Sever Ties x 2 (depending on who you face more...)
    Armored Sandworm x 3 (other tough 5cc or 4cc allies are also OK but this one is great in your build)

Remember that you can just switch to a completely different hero when you're bored, and have fun!
    Back in black :-E

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    nMer's advice is sound. your original list had too many one-of cards. If you cant afford the multiple perfect shots (especially after buying the rare Seductresses), a blend of poison and flame arrow (a total of six) worked well in original set and are still good plays. I would, however, pick puwen to have 4x in your deck. A t2 drop for victor is very helpful.

Poor Quality is cheaper, but good stand-in for lay line nexus (which is also a Rare). Also, a substitute for the rare Sever Ties, could be the common disrupt aura. These could help out until you accumulate enough gold to buy the rare cards.
    Last edited by Ballyworld; 06-24-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you want to keep a number of the same card in your deck, make sure it is something you really want because then you will have a better chance of drawing the card. and consider your hero ability, choose the card that create the best combo with his ability. ex- his ability reduce enemy health to 1 so you don't need a lot of hard hitting allies, and hard hitting equal more resources to cast. and he also recycle hunter card so put in some trap or hunter ability

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    2 Arful Squire combined with 2 Ley Line Nexus - for item destroying
    Fleet-footed messenger for Victors ability combo if you are out of bows and draw engine support
    Also read this
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....he-Rule-of-Six
    great to figure out basic of deck building
    also check out
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ophecies-quot-!
    there is a example of competitive low money deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, thanks for the feed back guys!
    I have made the changes and have been testing.. Had a few good games and a couple unlucky draws but over all I like the deck synergy.
    Will keep playing around with it! yewww

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually constructed the deck I had suggested and am currently enjoying it in QM
    Back in black :-E