Close

Thread: Banebow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Banebow

Just looking for feedback on my Banebow deck, any suggestions would be great!

2x gravebone
    4x infernal gargoyle
    4x plasma behemoth
    2x chimera
    2x beledona
    3x bad wolf
    3x aimed shot
    2x bloodfrenzy
    2x shriek of vengeance
    2x bazar
    3x extra sharp
    2x soulseaker
    1x crimson vest (planning on buying more)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Aimed shot is not great here, since you only have two bows. Same for crimson vest, it's not great with only 2 bows. I recommend going up to 4x Soul Seeker, and probably adding some Beetle Demon Bow (even if you don't plan on turning it into an ally).
    Constructed deck power level should not be a consideration when setting the rarity of a card.
    Frustrated by the lack of in-game chat? Talkinate! http://talkinator.com/t8r.jsp?b=ShadowEra

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, took out aimed shot and vest and added two beattle bows, think I'll save for more soul seekers like you said, thanks for the advice

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Crimson Vest is fine, it doesn't need the hero to deal damage to work. I think it's a great inclusion if your deck isn't full of soul seekers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In 1.24, I played Banebow almost exclusively, and it was pretty consistent, even against the dreaded Eladwen Portal/Burn archetype.

HOWEVER

In the new version, the fact that you can no longer stack his hero ability, so that one target can be dealt 4 damage, severely limited its ability to win consistenly. There are just too many good higher-health allies in competitive play that you really need to be able to deal 4 damage to with his hero ability. Frankly, I'd rather Kyle & Co. had kept the ability the same but made it 4 Shadow Energy to use instead of keeping it at cost 3 and making it be split. In my opinion, that made Banebow unplayable (as unplayable applies to playing above the 350 level.)

Onto analyzing your deck, Octarchy.

Your deck is very ally heavy, which is a good thing, but not at the resource curve your deck is built with. Simply put, I don't think you have enough ally control in your deck to outpace your opponent's allies, especially considering that 10/17 (over half) of your allies aren't even playable until turn 4. With Banebow, you either need to be able to flood the board with allies (which, due to resource curve and lack of card drawing, your deck cannot produce) OR you have to be able to control the board well, with traps and arrows (and BB's hero ability), which, you do not have the cards in your deck for.

Of your deck, here are the elements that I think are worth keeping. Otherwise, I think it needs a total revamp if you're going to win more than 1 in 3 games with it, consistently.

4x infernal gargoyle
    2x chimera
    3x bad wolf
    2x bloodlust*
    2x shriek of vengeance
    2x bazzar
    3x extra sharp*
    2x soulseaker

*: Extra Sharp and Bloodlust actual quantities are to taste. Certainly not more than a total of 6, between the two of them, although if you run 4x Bloodlust, I recommend removing all Extra Sharp. Idealy, either 4 Extra Sharp and 2 Bloodlust, or 4 Bloodlust, depending on the depth of your ally resource curve. Decks with Firesnakes, Brutalisi, and Infernal Gargoyle as their main stock benefit more from the 4 Bloodlusts, whereas decks that run less allies benefit more from Extra Sharp.

Soulseeker helps, but I don't think the benefit that it brings to a Banebow deck are worth its 5 resource cost.

Just my take on it. Hope it spurs a new thought.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Blood frenzy? Isn't that the warrior ability? Oh, you mean bloodlust.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok that makes alot of sense blanketeffect lol
    so i tried to rework my deck to focus more on low level allies, flooding the field, and dealing damage through bloodlust
    3x keldor
    4x gargoyles
    3x chimera
    4x firesnake
    3x badwolf
    2x death trap
    3x bloodlust
    2x shriek of vengence
    2x extra sharp
    2x soul seeker
    2x bazar

so this deck is more about getting early boardcontrol and maintaning it from three
    i like the shriek of vengance just to have something against burn decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That looks a lot better, to me. I'd highly recommend going to 4x on the Death Traps; very key card.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've a hard time getting Banebow to work for me. Lack of card drawing/deck thinning options + Banebow ability bug + Inferior Shadow Allies makes for a difficult deck composition. That being said, I really, really enjoy playing him anyways, and if I had a useful composition that I actually could consistently get results with I'd post it.
    A1 Manic Brewmaker - Theorycrafter - General Peanut Gallery - Maker of Perfect Nonsense - All Around Stupendous Badass
    My View on Shadow Era, it's meta, and forumites: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....l-with-it-.-.-.