4x Blood Frenzy
    2x Retreat!
    2x Sever Ties
    2x Bad Santa

Armours (2)

2x The Kings Pride

Weapons (2)

2x Dragons Tooth

I would really be grateful for any help with this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hello, and welcome to the forums!

From what I observe, it has a nice amount of cards. Props for that.
    I do see 4 smashing blows in there, it is a fairly situational card, as it requires a target to be active, and not all heroes play weapons and armors. Do you really need 4 of them? For warriors, they have access to Spectral Sabre, which is definitely better in every way than Sever Ties. You can replace them with that!

I see 8 fatties in your deck, but only 5 3cc allies. It looks really resource intensive, which may cause your deck to ascend rather slowly. Perhaps you should try balancing out your ally and deck distribution, so that the resource curve becomes more balanced!

For any further help, you can try reading the article I wrote on deck-building:
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-Standard-Deck
    It is also in my sig!
    Psalms 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

A reason to fight. A purpose to defend. A brotherhood to cherish.
    The Warriors of the Blue Phoenix await you right here.

:: My guide to basic deck-building ::

Conquestadore
    :: Warden of the Phoenix Causeway ::
    :: Warrior of the Blue Phoenix ::
    :: Greatness Reborn ::

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Many thanks for the input and cheers for the link. I'll be giving that a read.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're in good hands with that guide. You really do want mostly 3cc allies as t3 tends to be a HUGE point in any game. However, with Boris, t3 BF is probably your best bet. If you don't get it in time for t3, though, you DEFINITELY want to drop an ally to help with your board. 9 tends to be a good number for 3cc allies, but it's always variable.

Could you explain your plan with this a bit? For example, why Rasmina and Paladin of Unaxio? How about Raven? Why did you choose those particular allies?
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually am unsure what style deck I'm going for as I've just added/removed cards from the deck from what I experience after playing a PVP match.
    No particular reason for Rasmina, I do like her ability when attacking/defending against a Hero. Paladin of Unaxio seems good for healing your allies and
    Raven is good for disabling fatties. I'm pretty much lost as to where I want to go with this deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Encabulos View Post
    I actually am unsure what style deck I'm going for as I've just added/removed cards from the deck from what I experience after playing a PVP match.
    No particular reason for Rasmina, I do like her ability when attacking/defending against a Hero. Paladin of Unaxio seems good for healing your allies and
    Raven is good for disabling fatties. I'm pretty much lost as to where I want to go with this deck.
    It is important to have a strategy to work towards.
    Each deck should have a theme so that it can revolve around the team. Don't enter the battleground in a lost sense!
    I elaborated on this abit as well, in my article.
    Psalms 19:1 - The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Conquestadore

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Encabulos View Post
    It's not that those allies don't have their uses, but they seem out of place. I like CoI as a 2cc ally. He's pretty sturdy and has the potential to survive through t3, which is especially important since you'll likely drop BF instead of an ally that turn whereas your opponent will probably be dropping another ally.

Aldon, Jasmine, and Layarian Seductress are all good 3cc allies. I recommend removing some fatties for them, at least 3x of each. You can then work on the control-oriented strategy it seems you like based on your choices.
    Proud member of Team Juggernauts | PFG member

IGN: TJ Xantese

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I've been tweaking the deck all day to no avail. I can't put together a theme to work off, simply because
    I don't know what I'm doing. I've read through the link above and tried to work with that but it seems I don't understand
    what to do. I've had the deck at a rating of 210 but haven't been able to go beyond that for days. Very frustrating.
    Last edited by Encabulos; 08-03-2013 at 12:17 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can anyone explain to me how I work out a theme for a Boris deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Boris is a very very good hero for control.
    There are several archetypes of decks and heroes in this game, and perhaps you have heard of some.
    Rush decks are straightforward and really fast, they try to finish the opponent before late-game is reached. Solo decks base on weapons and targetting the hero throat etc. Control decks are dancing on the board, trying to make the opponent's play less pressured towards you and vice versa.

Through gameplay, testing, and experience, one would find out the strategy that works best for their deck. Meanwhile, I shall recommend you to walk the path of standard control with Boris.

Look at the base of control: You have to control the opponent.
    1) How can you control opposing allies?
    Your answer may be cards like Crippling Blows, Dragon Tooth, Retreats, Layarian Seductress, Jasmine Rosecult etc. They help surpress opposing ally pressure, thus allowing you to control the board. Don't forget Boris' great ability too
    2) How can you control opposing items?
    Warriors have access to Smashing Blow, a great 3cc card to destroy any weapon and armor. You can also try Artful Squire, but that comes with pros and cons.
    3) How do I maintain control, and reach my main target = killing the opposing hero?
    You need some hard hitters, or durable allies. This allows them to either deal enough damage, or stay on the board long enough. Braxnoxian Soldier, Armored Sandworm, Raven Wildheart and Aeon Stormwalkers are all very good fatty cards. In fact, consider Wild Berserker, a very versatile card that can turn tides during times of danger. I do see that you have The King's Pride as your trump card, which is good. It can easily help you beatdown the opponent.
    4) How do I make point 1-3 work?
    Draw. Draw is very important, so make sure you have your key draw cards, and some secondary draw to keep the pressure on.

Hopefully I helped!
    Don't hesitate to PM me if you need help. There are some links in my sig too, if you are ever looking for anything *wink wink*

Conquestadore