Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrosoa View Post
    How are you using wraith? I have found it to be mostly underwhelming in my version when i have played it. It seems to be too weak overall. I wasn't able to really win many games when I was using, but have been doing much better since i removed it.
    He does have great utility in say the Elementalis Matchup. It can ruin his day by Bouncing that buffed up weenie while Dragon's Tooth can take care of the buffed up fatties.
    I like my weapons how I like my music. Heavy and metal!
    -Mordekaiser

Writer of Falseblood Cultist and Thriss Crucible flavor texts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    DW is the shadow mini-retreat card. The bounce back of those pesky 2-3cc allies can really turn things around because with one less opposing ally to worry about you can focus your firepower on the things that really matters. The fatties or the kill!

DW is IMO a great control card and when it's used for that, namely control, it suits my style of play perfectly
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbypim View Post
    DW is the shadow mini-retreat card. The bounce back of those pesky 2-3cc allies can really turn things around because with one less opposing ally to worry about you can focus your firepower on the things that really matters. The fatties or the kill!

DW is IMO a great control card and when it's used for that, namely control, it suits my style of play perfectly
    i can see that, but I normally just kill those weenies with a shield bash + attack, or use the Gauntlets on them so they are not of consequence. If I go second and don't have an ally to help with shield bash, I've still got Crippling blow and possibly Furrion Terror to ruin their day. While I have seen, and used wraith for the same purposes you are, it just hasn't been as good for me as it seems to be for you. Perhaps I need more practice with it, but bouncing a 3cc ally doesn't seem to be effective enough for a 5cc card. sure, he won't get bounced, but he is killed easily enough at that point in the game. I will try him again and see how it works.

I play my Ter Adun very much in a controlling way, and it is my preferred style. So i'm willing to try and make this card work. but so far, i have not been impressed with its performance.
    Last edited by samcrosoa; 06-27-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What if that shield bash + attack could be used to finish of let's say Aeon and then you drop DW to bounce a Jasmine. And that brings you ahead! That's were the strenght of DW lies for me.

But hey... The beauty of SE is that all though we might play with the same cards we don't always play the same type of game
    Best Regards,

Bobbypim
    [ Warwizard of the Jutland Plains ]

Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn
    ( Read about my guild )

IGN: BP Bobbypim

Card designs:
    Dwarven Aid | Undead Siege | Viking Storm | Heroes Rising | Coming of Dragons
    Trackers of Night | Keystones

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    He does have great utility in say the Elementalis Matchup. It can ruin his day by Bouncing that buffed up weenie while Dragon's Tooth can take care of the buffed up fatties.
    ture
    How can Ter kill gained Gargoyle? Although Shield Bash is a good card for against's Karash, Ter need another +3 attack for kiling Gargoyle.(CB may not work due to the armor n Super focus)
    So I guess only bangle is not enough...
    As Bobbypim said, DW is a control card.

btw, Kylt came back from UK to Japan yesterday!
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Basically, I have found DW to be too restrictive for my play style. I'm not saying I won't use the card, or that I think it is bad, i've just not had any good experiences with it yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Kylt, could you post the Rothem Ter Adun deck you suggested in the warrior strategy forum? I think it would really help people. I have just tried it and I won 19 games out of 20 (although I should add I am now ranked below 250, so some of my opponents were very easy and the wins against them were flukes).

I think Rothem + Lythite Coating is a game-ender. All you have to do is survive until you have 10 resources (that's hard against mages/eladwen, but easy with everyone else). At 10 resources you get out rothem/lythite, then it's a permanent portal with 3 defense for your hero. Best part is that nobody expects any of this with Ter Adun so they sac the wrong cards. The only hard matchups I can think of are mages and Jericho.

I think you'd get some really good feedback if you post the deck in the general warrior strategy forum.
    Last edited by Lodovik1; 07-02-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh and I tried Kairos instead of Colossus, as you suggested. I think Ter Adun's ability is enough item removal... and Kairos's Steadfast ability helped me control the board in preparation for Rothem-Lythite. I never play Rothem without the attachment so that extra board control is needed, I think. So I would definitely do Kairos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodovik1 View Post
    Kylt, could you post the Rothem Ter Adun deck you suggested in the warrior strategy forum? I think it would really help people. I have just tried it and I won 19 games out of 20 (although I should add I am now ranked below 250, so some of my opponents were very easy and the wins against them were flukes).

I think Rothem + Lythite Coating is a game-ender. All you have to do is survive until you have 10 resources (that's hard against mages/eladwen, but easy with everyone else). At 10 resources you get out rothem/lythite, then it's a permanent portal with 3 defense for your hero. Best part is that nobody expects any of this with Ter Adun so they sac the wrong cards. The only hard matchups I can think of are mages and Jericho.

I think you'd get some really good feedback if you post the deck in the general warrior strategy forum.

That deck is not my creation tho. I first saw it in KA popup used by KA Stonecold. He (or people who worked on together) should get the credit.

But not only that, I'm also concerned with the bug of WB + RV. WB can attack twice when he gets haste from his ability AND RV is activated. I think this bug is game breaking so I thought it is not a good idea to spread that.

I wouldn't mind posting it as a separate thread once the bug gets fixed. Maybe you can fine-tune that deck meanwhile and share it with us!!
    IGN: Kyltz

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is that really a bug? I thought the double-haste was legal due to them having different conditions--the first haste being conditional on the opponent having more allies, and the second a function of RV.

Anyway thanks for the heads up. I substituted Stalwart Battleguard for WB, and am considering Brax Veteran if SB's no good (for Jericho or Spectral Sabre). [I]'ll update as necessary.