Close

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Angry not happy with rating system!

I play this game some years. And I don't know why this game play more, rank lower. You can see the Highest Rated Players Rank, now if you rating 297 you can in TOP 100, but one month ago it maybe need 310 rating. Is that mean these top players play bad now? No. Because they win 2 games gain 1 rating, but lose 1 game lose 2 rating!!! So if you want keep you highest record, leave this game and don't play any more. For example, my team mate KA Leo, he was TOP 2 with 370 rating, now he is only 338 rating and rank 13 because he want keep playing this game.

And what ridiculous is, you lose rating even you win a game, and you lose rating 3! You guys don't believe me? Please see my replay "KA LittleBear", When I vs BARBARIANT, I was 294.5, I win him and I should gain 0.5 rating and become 295. But after the game system told me now my rating is 292!!! I can't believe that and keep play and lose a game, oh god now I'm 291. This made me sad and have heavy heart to keep play this game. So I draw this thread, if I offend you I apologize, sorry.

Screen Shot 2013-06-17 at 10.43.57 PM.png
    Last edited by ericxp; 06-17-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What I want say is, it's tooooooooooooooooo hard to get rank. I even want play hard to get in TOP 100, but now I think it's a Mission Impossible. To be honest, this game's rank system is encourage people don't play this game. Because you play more, your rank lower. Like +0.5 +0.5 +0.5 +0.5 -2. You know what I meaning, right? Win 4 times equal lose 1 game. So win 3 times and lose 1 time you will decay.
    Last edited by ericxp; 06-17-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Am I missing something? I thought rating decay took care of that problem. I'm a bigger fan of the SWISS system anyway.
    Soylentgreen is people!!!

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    The decay is not the perfect solution but it's one of the measures to prevent camping.

Do I wish that there is a better rating system? Yes.

Is decay better than nothing? Yes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All decay does is force people to play 1 game every 5 days. That's an insignificant boost to activity.

At OP, there are several ways your screenshot could have happened, namely if you quit a game too early so it's not recorded but you still fall in rating. Are you certain that is not what happened? Maybe you disconnected?

But the basic point still stands. A rating system that rewards relative inactivity definitely needs work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ericxp View Post
    What I want say is, it's tooooooooooooooooo hard to get rank. I even want play hard to get in TOP 100, but now I think it's a Mission Impossible. To be honest, this game's rank system is encourage people don't play this game. Because you play more, your rank lower. Like +0.5 +0.5 +0.5 +0.5 -2. You know what I meaning, right?
    Yeah, its not very encouraging to go by rank. We really do need a new rating system that lets people feel like progressing is possible.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know quite early will have no record and lose rating, but I did not do that. I hope any Wulven administrator can give me an explanation about this.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ericxp View Post
    I know quite early will have no record and lose rating, but I did not do that. I hope any Wulven administrator can give me an explanation about this.
    Email support@shadowera.com and ask them

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about leagues like StarCraft? A separate masters league

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's what's supposed to be 'in the works' for about two years now. Not sure they have started on it already though..
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.