Close

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HigherPrimate View Post
    No its not. You can get to 250 in like two to three days. Even one day if you go full maniac. And all you need is a standard deck. It doesn't take that much to win many games in a row since most people are bad at the game and you get matched up with people below your rating most of the time. And most of the good people don't even play QuickGames. Being 250 means you are okay at the game. Hell, I'd even argue that being 300 doesn't mean you are good. I've been over 310 and I don't even consider myself to be good at the game. I think being above 300 just means that you don't get sick of the game and didn't let yourself decay. People that can reach 320+ are actually good in my opinion. There are SO many good players not actually playing QG seriously that the rankings are laughable at this point.
    You know, I don't quite agree with you. I would say that you are good I you are over 250. My number is much lower than yours because I think it is harder to get there than you described. I think that to get to rating 250 is 2 - 3 days is vey hard and takes a lot of time which is hard for some people. Also, even if you are playing a lot 300 is defiantly good. Takes 100 wins no losses to get from 250 to 300. If 80 of those people are under 200 then you still have 20 that are over. And no matter how good a standards deck is here are always counter to it. But hen again I am not at that rating and you are so...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Highly depends on when you start your ladder climbing. If you start on the first week, then its fairly easy to achieve 300+ within a few hours as compared if you start playing right now, when the uncertainty of the rating system is slowing correcting itself.

As the season goes longer, its harder to achieve a higher rating, even harder to maintain it. And with the decay rating hitting your backside, fortune only favours the bold.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1

I would argue the meaning of the rank you have changes over time during a given season.

Also, it isn't true that the top ranked players would be 250 if they played a lot. Most, if not all of the top players have alts which they use to play more often, and plenty of them are still holding a rank over 300.
    Benevolent Blade of Truth
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Sailas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Right now my rating is near 250 with the help of Preybird's deck. I used to be an all-for-majiya deck user, but I'm netdecking other decks because I want to discover the weaknesses of those decks. Preybird's deck nearly healed my scarred mentality lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Strongly agree!
    I rush to 310 rank once before, but now I never want to rush rank again!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rating system in Shadow Era sucks and yall know it! Even Avillum has a better system...
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    exactly!! thank you...
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailas View Post
    +1

I would argue the meaning of the rank you have changes over time during a given season.

Also, it isn't true that the top ranked players would be 250 if they played a lot. Most, if not all of the top players have alts which they use to play more often, and plenty of them are still holding a rank over 300.
    Actually they would be closer to 260/270 or even 280 if they were playing constantly. A lot of maintaining a high rating is playing very little to maintain a high uncertainty.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sailas View Post
    +1

That shows how stupid the rating system is...
    Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1

that's one of the reasons why DoC makes more fun,
    the elo rating is just soooo much better.

it may also not be perfect,
    but it's 5000% better that the totally flawed SE rating system.
    A1 Icebear: A1's Glacial Claws of Fury

A1 Evolution in Theory

check out SE Toolbox, deck building & analyzing & probability calculations all in one tool:
    video
    download