Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Wulven Apprentice - Meet the Candidates and Teams

Hi everyone. I'm pleased to be able to confirm we have now finished Phase Three, which means we have 10 candidates selected and they've been split into two teams.

Without further ado, allow me to introduce the candidates in their own words:

Brandon (v4vanilla)

Hey all, my name is Brandon, I am 25 and have played card games since I was 12. The most of my playing experience has come from Magic the Gathering, YU-GI-OH, and Shadow Era. I enjoy the deep strategy involved with deck building and honestly spend most of my time doing just that. My career has absolutely nothing to do with card games, I run a kitchen. Food is a passion of mine and the creativity involved with crafting a menu is something I hope to translate to developing new cards and game mechanics for Shadow Era. I hope all of you enjoy what we produce over the coming weeks.

Caleb (DukeDemonKn1ght)

Hi y'all! My name is Caleb, and I go by DukeDemonkn1ght in-game and on the forums. I've been playing CCGs for about eighteen years now, starting out on Magic back when I was twelve in '95. I hail from Oxford, Mississippi and currently live there, although high school and college took me to Vermont and Oregon for several years.

My interests include filmmaking and writing, and recently I've been trying to build my film résumé by working production assistant gigs where I can find them. Finding interesting work where I live can be challenging, so I've also been working pizza delivery for the past few years. Working for Wulven would literally be a dream job for me, since Shadow Era has quickly become the most-used app on my phone since I started playing during early 2012. I feel lucky to be here, and I hope I can earn your votes. I'll see y'all on Quick Match!

Daryl (Nataku)

Hi all, I'm Nataku. I come from merry old England and have been playing Shadow Era since Dec 2011. I live in York and work as a desert chef and pot washer. I have always enjoyed TCGs/CCGs. I'm taking part in W.A. to help be part of the future of the game I love. I'm mainly known for my Organised Play but want to show off other aspects that I dont tend to show to the community.

Jazz (Jazz)

You probably already know me since I'm an active member of the community. I first started with various funny contests and related stuff. Was creating community wallpapers, avatars and various banners (for guilds and Wulven Apprentice as well). But most likely you are familiar with me as a tournament organizer of various events, the biggest of which are Randomizers and the introduced series of Tournaments For Players New To Tournaments. I am also a commander of guild Team Juggernauts - we are a bunch of friendly personalities (most of us ) that help each other and new players excel at Shadow Era as well as participate in the development of SE community in many other ways. Oh... and I was also voted as the Best Voice Of Hero in the Official Contest!

Sam (SamuelJ)

My name is Samuel J. Hendrickson. I am a 21 year old senior at Penn State Behrend currently studying Marketing. I am from a small town in Pennsylvania. I have been living as a quadriplegic for the past 4 years due to a diving accident. I started playing in fall 2011 and have not stopped since. I look forward to the competition and helping the Shadow Era community.

Sean (ShadowRyou)

Hi everyone, my name is Sean. I live in Orlando, Florida USA (GMT -4). I have been playing TCGs all my life and I adore Shadow Era most of all, mainly because of its unique game play and its focus on remaining balanced, something other tcgs have neglected in past years. I am a game design/programming student currently studying for my masters degree. If I manage to win, I will do everything I can to continue to uphold the uniqueness and balance of the game as well as promote the growth and participation of this strong community.

Shawn (Preybird)

My name is Shawn, otherwise known as Preybird to you forum folk. I hail from Sydney, Australia, and have reached the ripe old age of 30. I have a wife and two boys and when I get a spare moment you can find me playing SE or trolling the forums.

I love this game and want to do all that I can to make it better, so the Wulven Apprentice is a great opportunity for me to make that happen!

Stefano (Pandevmonium)

Hello, I'm Stefano from Italy, computer programmer apprentice and now also Wulven apprentice. I played some TCGs in the past, but not at competitive level, because they can cost a lot and physical play is not always very easy; less then a year ago I found Shadow Era and fell in love with it, because it suffers less from these two "leaks".

I hope to win the Apprentice in order to help SE keep rocking the scene, since SE is good but nothing is perfect; in real life I tend to either make brilliant or horrendous stuff - I just need people to tell me "That’s just s**t" more so that I can avoid the second part more often lol.

I know that other contenders are really nice players and keen on this game, that’s why:
    - I’m still happy if they will win, Wulven will find a good asset with someone better than me
    - I don't wish them luck, if they’re so good they won’t need it

Steven (samche999)

I'm Steven and I'm from Seattle Washington in the United States. I have been studying game design independently for a few years. About a year ago this search led me to Shadow Era, which I have been playing regularly since. I want to join the design team because I know I have useful skills to contribute to card/set designs and to the community as a whole. The opportunity to get to work with a team of talented and creative people with similar interests is something I look forward to.

Tomm (Betrayal4life)

My name is Tomm, I'm 34 years old from St. Louis Missouri, USA. I have been playing TCGs since I was 12. My favorite TCG of all time is Shadow Era (duh), the community being a big factor in that. I am also a trained chef and own and operate a bar and grill that has been open for 7 years. The reason I applied to be the wulven apprentice is because I believe in this game and want to see it grow and flourish.

So, who do you think will win? Who will be fired first? A lot could depend on how the teams do this week, so let's now find out more about the two teams for the first task ...

Nocturnal Advantage
    (a.k.a. Team GMT-)
    Tomm (Project Manager),
    Brandon, Caleb, Sam, Sean

Random Heroes
    (a.k.a. Team GMT+)
    Shawn (Project Manager),
    Daryl, Jazz, Stefano, Steven

Unfortunately, due to the nature of the first task, I can't reveal any details at this time and it is being conducted in secret.

But rest assured that both teams are already working very hard! The results of their efforts will be revealed on Friday 21st June, with voting opening shortly after for you to tell us which team you thought did the better job.

When voting closes, the losing team will be determined, and then the losing Project Manager and two fellow team members will enter the Wulven Lair, where one of them will be fired!
    Last edited by Gondorian; 06-18-2013 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Added a bit extra from Sam.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm soooo excited for this . I wish there are actual cameras and live video feeds of them working. Imma watch them 24/7 #creepy

Go Stefano aka Pandevmonium
    Last edited by Jo3yb0i; 06-17-2013 at 02:30 AM.
    "Try and try until you die...or succeed...whichever comes first"

Jo3yb0i - Knight of Dark and Light
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Drawing Power - A Brief Analysis of Draw Cards

My PM | <(^.^)> | Helpful Links | <(^.^)> | IRC | <(^.^)> | IRC + Game | <(^.^)> | SE DeckBuilder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Go Pandevmonium XD

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo3yb0i View Post
    I'm soooo excited for this . I wish there are actual cameras and live video feeds of them working. Imma watch them 24/7 #creepy
    Some folks like their privacy, man!

The second task will not be a secret one, so you'll get to see more of the action then. Not sure about cameras and live feeds though...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    one of them will be fired!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    one of them will be fired!
    yer and it will be a nocturnal advantage member
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post

The second task will not be a secret one, so you'll get to see more of the action then. Not sure about cameras and live feeds though...
    Nishaven Costume sewing and Cosplay contest?

Bring in 2 live models as Jas and Lily sisters and see how Nishaven (all ten of them) pwns them?

(using the electrical 5 SE blast, yes.)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Awesome!

Can you tell us who the project managers are?

Too bad this first task is done in secret

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    Awesome!

Can you tell us who the project managers are?

Too bad this first task is done in secret
    didnt you notice the big (PM) next to the names
    IGN: Nataku Wolf

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataku View Post
    didnt you notice the big (PM) next to the names
    Oh, my bad :P

I thought that meant that it was afternoon in their time zone, or we could pm them for info...