Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Banebow - Insert Clever Title Here

So I decided to throw together a Banebow Deck as I have read that it is a pretty hard counter to Mages (Which I do tend to see a lot) and have always liked his artwork so why not?

Banebow

Allies:21
    4 Morbid Acolyte
    4 Ironhide Karash
    4 Infernal Gargoyle
    3 Death Mage Thaddeus
    3 Shadow Knight
    3 Furrion Terror

Abilities:12
    3 Sacrificial Lamb
    3 A Perfect Shot
    2 Shriek of Vengeance
    2 Acid Jet
    2 Snare Trap

Weapons:4
    4 Soul Seeker

Armor:3
    3 Wrath of the Forest

Total:40 + Hero

So far I been liking most of what I been seeing.

Right now the main issue I have is dealing with successful SK Loops (Have gotten caught in them a few times and having issues trying to mess it up) and heavy combat damage from rush (ie Amber). I am looking to see what I could use to kill those holes up.

I might try Wulven Savage like Preybird has. But I do not know what to take out in its place. The only cards that come to mind immediately are the Snare Traps. However they do come in handy. May also try a Death Collector as it can mess up the SK Loop, Banebow can easily feed him the souls it desires, and the fact it is a decent 3cc drop.
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 06-18-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Banebow is king of early control, you should have 4 Ironhide, it works wonderful.
    Morbit Acolyte or Infernal Gargoyle, pick one and have 4. Both are tough, but MA is more useful because of his ability.
    DMT is unique, i know, but you still need 4x for more draw chance and well, he die fast.
    BS give card to your opponent, it's bad. You already have SL and WotF, try 3/3 or 3/4 or 2/4.
    Death Collector is good, but not crucial and 4hp is a bit weak so run 3 is recommended, if he stick he's a beast. I only drop him in mid/late game, or sac most time though.
    I don't think we need to use PA anymore, we already have Furron to wipe board/comeback. Snare Trap can denial a 2-3 cc, which is good, but nothing more. With Banebow I prefer drop more threats to keep the board under control, then deal some DAMAGE, not just to kill an ally.
    I dont run Shriek any more because -1 resourse cause too much trouble for destroy just an item, and opponent can just drop another item to counter. And sometime, you wish that only if you have JUST 1 more resourse. That's it.
    For SK loop, use your burst damage. Bane's ability, Furron/DMT. SS to heal, 4 hp is no trouble. You can use SK loop too, with WotF SK loop will provide cards.
    Amber prefer flooding with allies+ ignore your allies with CB, then go to the thoat with her weapons. Her draw is unconditional, and with JD she can flood the board very fast. Sever her BF, then she'll run out of threats soon. I think Sever Ties is a good tech card in this attachment meta, auto 2x included.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good Kaos but might need some tweaking.

Run no less than 3 Wrath of the Forest since it is a principle draw engine and is all but critical in the Priest and Mage matches. I would also run Sacrificial Lamb because it combos with Death Collector by allowing you to sac your own allies for DC to pump himself with if need be. Death collector can also handle Shadow Knight loops by cleaning the opposing graveyard.
    Sac Lamb also combos with Wrath of the forest and can allow you to continue to loop with Shadow Knight. I like Bad Santa because it digs into the deck but it can hurt if you do not have control of the board.
    Kairos is not a bad choice for an ally, I would however recommend Molten Destroyer if you are running into BB mirrors or plan on facing Mages and weapon based heroes.

Hope this helps.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How exactly does Molten Destroyer deal with Weapon based Heroes exactly?

Also any tips on if the moments you have an awkward early game (Didn't draw into what you need, been PotL Spammed so unable to get your ability off) and have to deal with an onslaught of fatties?
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 06-16-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In the current meta, I'd suggest 3 WoTF, if not 4. Board wipes are everywhere right now, and without the draw to recover, you will lose. Also, sac lamb an ally with WoTF out, and you now have 4 new cards in hand. We need the board, so I will only play bad Santa if I'm going first and don't have IK, or because I'm in a bad way and don't care at that point. Running sac lamb and WoTF, you will usually sacrifice your bad santas mid game+ anyway. 4 WoTF, 4 sac lamb, 2 BS might be a place to start. I'm not a fan of "fatties" with BB. I'd rather be able to drop multiple 3cc creatures so that retreat/crip blow don't hurt as badly. Also, 2 severed ties is a MUST if you hope to win against amber/boris. Get them down to 11, remove enrage, end turn. Blood fury will take care of that last point for you. Just my 2 cents.

*Answer to the above post, with 4 IK and 2 BS, chances are high you'll have 1 in hand from start. With IG/DC/MA/DMT, you WILL have a 3cc ready to drop as well.
    Last edited by Jeromy; 06-16-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    IGN: xSeanx, zChiefz

Meltdown FAQ
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....A-How-To-Guide
    Getting Started: Gold Farming/Deck Building
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ding*&p=397749

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Made some more changes. I drop the Kairos for another WotF and dropping the Deck down to 40 + Hero. I am still debating on whether or not I should keep the Poison Arrows or not. I mean it is a 2cc disable that pretty will ping the target for 2 before it can make any actions which could be useful in certain situations. Although I might drop those for more allies to compliment the WotF. I might make make a swap for Death Collectors perhaps as another 3cc drop as it seems Banebow likes those. Or possibly a what I like to refer to a "boss" or strongest ally in the Deck.

@Jeromy: Still noobish at this game. Drawing a blank on what you mean by IG. I know that the others are.

Also about the typo in the title. I type the word cleaver more than I do clever. Why? League of Legends discussions of course.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IG= Infernal Garg.
    I like poison arrow myself. I often find myself only running 1 or 2 perfect shots and 2-3 PA. Attack hero with my allies, Drop FT, BB ability hero and 1 ally, then poison arrow their aeon or other fatty. This card is perfect when you're going for the throat. Perfect Shot is great, but with the addition of FT, PA just fits better in most of my games.

Death collector is MADE for BB. By turn 4, the graveyards are overflowing, that's just how BB works. He's, at worst, a lightning rod for anti-ally abilities. Also, if he gets crip blow/cap prey, you can use extra resources to keep feeding him. Later, when you draw your severed ties, you've got a monster ready to go.
    Last edited by Jeromy; 06-16-2013 at 09:52 PM.
    IGN: xSeanx, zChiefz

Meltdown FAQ
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....A-How-To-Guide
    Getting Started: Gold Farming/Deck Building
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ding*&p=397749

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Any suggestions on what could be dropped for Death Collector?

EDIT: Swapped the Arrows for Death Collectors.

EDIT2: Decided to drop the Death Collectors and go all in and max out on the Karash, Gargoyles, Death Mages and Acolytes instead.
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 06-17-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos Dark View Post
    How exactly does Molten Destroyer deal with Weapon based Heroes exactly?

Also any tips on if the moments you have an awkward early game (Didn't draw into what you need, been PotL Spammed so unable to get your ability off) and have to deal with an onslaught of fatties?
    MD deals 5 damage per swing to weapon heroes and has the ability to set allies it hits on fire. As for not drawing into what you need, try to keep 1-2 draw cards in hand or in play. If you are unfortunate enough to have someone play POTL in succession, keep a Terror, Soul Seeker, and Poison Arrow in hand. Try and maintain a board with no less than 2-3 allies to help deal with fatties.
    Kicker of puppies, slasher of babies, and primordial Elder Lich.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Peithoson View Post
    MD deals 5 damage per swing to weapon heroes and has the ability to set allies it hits on fire. As for not drawing into what you need, try to keep 1-2 draw cards in hand or in play. If you are unfortunate enough to have someone play POTL in succession, keep a Terror, Soul Seeker, and Poison Arrow in hand. Try and maintain a board with no less than 2-3 allies to help deal with fatties.
    Okay I see. So essentially MD is being used as a 5/5 Beater? How many would you recommend using? 2? 3?

However I ended dropping the Poison Arrows for more allies anyway as I rarely end up using them much.

And about POTL spam, yeah, that always gives me so much trouble. I generally have a lot of issues trying to regain board control when that happens.
    Last edited by Daemon Rayge; 06-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.