Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Do you have translated card text?

Hey everyone!

I've heard a few times that communities of players in different countries maintain their own translations of the cards. (I know of at least a Russian list and Japanese one.) Well, the plan is to bring out official translated versions of the cards in the future, but, in the mean time, I see no reason for fans not to share their own to help each other.

How best to do this? Well, I'd be willing to update Pandevmonium's awesome deckbuilder to show translated text (submitted by you guys), to make it as easy as possible for non-English speakers to play. I can also generate a Card List like the official one translated as well.

But, I do need you to send me your translations for that to work, so please send me a PM if you have some to offer.

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have to be worried about the Chinese translate they have done, full of mistakes.
    So how do you avoid mistakes?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    I have to be worried about the Chinese translate they have done, full of mistakes.
    Who are "they"?

The way to avoid mistakes is to have people review it and give fixes back.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    check this out: www.shadowera.com.cn
    I found 1 mistake already with a glance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    check this out: www.shadowera.com.cn
    I found 1 mistake already with a glance.
    Well, I can't tell anything from that. Google translate gives some pretty terrible English back at me, but that says nothing of the Chinese translation.

Maybe KA Guild have something better.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I'll help review it after you got a best version.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've translated all cards to spanish, when i was in LDL (hispanic guild). Just need to update last text changes in some of them

PS: I made it in an excel doc, not directly in the card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colosal View Post
    I've translated all cards to spanish, when i was in LDL (hispanic guild). Just need to update last text changes in some of them

PS: I made it in an excel doc, not directly in the card
    I suggest waiting til new DP wordings come out. Almost every card has had its text changed, to be more clear and consistent. We've got some pretty standard wording templates now, which you'll see pretty soon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, do you really know anything about Chinese translation? Please don't give wrong information and mislead people.

Things I know about Chinese translation of SE cards:

All the translations are done by warmhearted Chinese players. They may or may not be our guild member, but it doesn't really matter. KA, as a guild, don't have any translation versions available only to guild members. We always do it in a public way. We help promote SE to all Chinese TCG players and give them information when they need. Therefore, my reply below is from the standpoint of a Chinese SE player, not the spokesman of KA guild. 8-)

Back in early CotC era, some Chinese players made a pretty good translation of the full set of 200 cards, even flavor texts were translated in a wonderful way.
    Once the new set of DP cards were revealed (before test server was online), Chinese players had a full translation of 150 new cards.
    The translation had been kept updated along with new cards although the newest changes (v2.01) haven't been reflected.
    And once the rule book is released, we had the translation version in a few days.
    All these translations are in different file formats, pdf, txt, apple file format, etc. Chinese players can find and download them easily.

The website that Index mentioned is a pretty new one made by a Chinese player, xiayaazinabulw. He did this in his spare time and IMO he did a great job. The website contains all kinds of informations on cards translations, rule books, intra tourneys, deckbuilders (yes, he made a deckbuilder for Chinese players), etc.

UPDATE: I just asked xiayaazinabulw about translations in his website. He said some of them are not from the translation version I mentioned above. There are some minor mistakes which means the words are not good enough, but won't give wrong descriptions, and some of them just haven't been updated yet.

xiayaazinabulw is updating the website and the communications between him and other players are smooth. So I don't worry about the current mistakes. They will be corrected.

to GDC, if you'd like to make an official translation or just merge the current translation (revised, of course) into Pandevmonium's deckbuilder. I'm more than willing to help and I'm confident that there are many Chinese players feel the same way.
    Last edited by mcley; 06-14-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I won't do any review for you.
    If you think your translations has been correct then I don't want to mislead you to a wrong one.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Index; 06-14-2013 at 02:22 PM.