Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdroid View Post
    Well there's rumors of dual typed attacks floating about.. But it's still just speculation, though it might be cool of that happened even if the attacks were weaker in exchange for the type coverage..

it would be pretty awesome. I would imagine if they were to add it they would split the damage in two. So if there is a water/ice attack with 100 power, it would basicly be the same as a water attack with 50 power and a ice attack with 50 on the same turn, and eventual STAB would only apply to the part with matching type. (so a pure water pokemon using the move would only get STAB from the water part of the attack.

Would definetly be really awesome though
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dual type would destroy. And a good jumping point for people who got left behind. New meta.

@Demnchi oh thats nice. Long reach + masisive power. only have grim cat axe, haha. But I use LS/Hammer depending on my opp. Im practicing not being a douche with ls (staying on the tail, and spirit combos smartly) but Ive really enjoyed hammer too, esp with brachy hammer with narga set gemmed (evasion+2, evade extender, sense, bomb boost). Super fluid motion esp with roll then hammer charge. Makes me feel like a ninja lol. My rath set a bit mindless, flame ls (atkL, fatk+15, speed sharpening). Its my first MH so everything is new to me. What are your armor skills? HR is def solo-able. Grank too, but Im rushing to HR7 so I could access the grank Volcano. 1 quest left (barioth + baleful gig) then urgent (2 brachy). Good luck on your hunt!

Ps you have to finish devil survivor! So good. And AW is my fav DS game of all time.
    Last edited by Zigbigwig; 06-15-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Martin jf lol that would be nice.

@asteroid that would be awesome
    Leader of EnlistedtoEndure

If you want to learn more about my guild you can at this link: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....e-Next-Chapter

Bless those who persecute you. Don't curse them; pray that God will bless them.-Romans 12:14 NLT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Devil survivor is nice, haven't gotten around to playing the second one since im waiting for 3DS version instead, though im tempted to pick up Shin Megami Tensei IV as well, also Radiant Historia seems to be a good DS game too (also want to pick up). It's back to being cheap now that more people are after 3DS games so you won't screwed over as much as before when it was about double the MSRP due to rarity

Bottom line you cant go wrong with Atlus games if you're into RPGs
    Last edited by Yggdroid; 06-15-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigbigwig View Post
    Dual type would destroy. And a good jumping point for people who got left behind. New meta.

@Demnchi oh thats nice. Long reach + masisive power. only have grim cat axe, haha. But I use LS/Hammer depending on my opp. Im practicing not being a douche with ls (staying on the tail, and spirit combos smartly) but Ive really enjoyed hammer too, esp with brachy hammer with narga set gemmed (evasion+2, evade extender, sense, bomb boost). Super fluid motion esp with roll then hammer charge. Makes me feel like a ninja lol. My rath set a bit mindless, flame ls (atkL, fatk+15, speed sharpening). Its my first MH so everything is new to me. What are your armor skills? HR is def solo-able. Grank too, but Im rushing to HR7 so I could access the grank Volcano. 1 quest left (barioth + baleful gig) then urgent (2 brachy). Good luck on your hunt!

Ps you have to finish devil survivor! So good. And AW is my fav DS game of all time.
    My current armor skills:

Armor:

Speed Sharpening
    Weakness Exploit
    Focus (charges up my sword mode very quickly, making it so reloading is not necessary)
    Status Atk Down (does not apply to the vast majority of my weapons, so I don't bother removing it)

Slots:

Trap Master

Talisman:

Cold Cancel

Still need to find better talisman lol. I just personally like Speed Sharpening and Focus when on my switch-axes so this armor choice for now was a no brainier (although getting the lagi Sapphire took way longer than normal...). This armor will most likely carry me to G Rank.

Yeah I'm aware that they can be solo'd. Unlike in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, the monsters here will adjust some stats slightly to help compensate that you're hunting alone (or with cha-cha and Kyamba). Doesn't really make that much easier though . Also, if MF3U is your first one you picked a very good Monster Hunter game to start with. Its got twice (if not more) than the Original Monster Hunter 3, and is far more accessible because you start off with leather armor (for gathering quicker) and everyone starts off with 50 base armor. Although, they clearly change some of the attack values on the later large monsters to compensate for it. Was just a "you're just starting out" sort of thing.

Anyways, glad to see another Monster Hunter on here. I have a group of friends that play it, but they live an hour away and even my twin brother doesn't like the game () so I'm used to playing it alone and never discussing it.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha, yeah I heard. Leather set is so convenient! I assume you dont hunt charms yet? Yea it is a good idea to farm them on Grank. I got way too excited and did it on HR Volcano (bad idea). i love taking about games a lot and never seem to get tired of it! just got to HR7. Finished 2 brachy with 7Mins left. What a match!

Wow good effort. Also i dont even have lagi sapphire! Pain to get.

Hmm. Maybe we should do a 3DS Thread, if ygg and co are willing to keep it alive. Ill def be a mainstay there.

@Ygg radiant historia is very cool. Different timelines ftw.
    Last edited by Zigbigwig; 06-15-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigbigwig View Post

Hmm. Maybe we should do a 3DS Thread, if ygg and co are willing to keep it alive. Ill def be a mainstay there.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....823#post390823
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Id definitely be up for participating in a 3DS/Nintendo thread..

And all this talk about monster hunter is making me curious to play my old copy of MH3 though without help it's a bit of a hassle with the equipment I have and 5star or so rank quests and doing it solo without cha-cha...

I just hope MH4 for 3DS has online play without requiring a wiiu