Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Might this be just a clever way for blueblurr to get more use out of his Mindcontrol's? By making us believe he is cutting them?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Acountified View Post
    Might this be just a clever way for blueblurr to get more use out of his Mindcontrol's? By making us believe he is cutting them?
    You win a cookie. That was really my plan all along. Foiled again
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    omnomnomnom

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have dropped MC count to 3 in my Zaladar deck for quite a long time, with antimatter you get card quality and advantage but you loose a lot of tempo, so another tempo looser card like MC while still useful is not the best choice , usually at T5 FT or DW do a better job, MC its usual best at T8 onwards when tempo is not that important.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    To really BLUFF you have to show your opponent that you have MC in hand, kinda wave it before his face, then put it back in your hand and kill his fatty with other means.

After that, you safe to sac your MC, but make sure you're not on zero cards.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I honestly could see it played at x3, but really I think I would still prefer using it at x4 (especially in Elementalis decks). However, I am not as protective of them as some players, I will occupationally sac one or even two depending on how things are going. However, if I'm going to need them, I want to be able to have them, and x4 gives me the best chance in that regard. So with that in mind, I agree with Preybird.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To me, MC is one of those cards that I don't care about bluffing with. For me, it's still a 4x include.

Even if all I'm killing with it is a Jasmine or a Gargoyle, I'm still killing an ally (an annoying one in the case of Gargoyle) and smacking them in the face with it for damage. No matter how you spin it, (5) to kill an ally and deal 3 damage to the hero is a good spend.

YMMV
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For me, my opponents still throw large allies at me. And vs an elemental player, I still play normally despite knowing my opponent has mind control.

My rationale is that they only have 4 (and I certainly run more than 4 allies) so I just play normally to draw those mind controls out. I am not going to upset my deck strategy and start saccing all my allies just because he 'might' MC them.

Also, mind controls aren't cheap to play at 5 resources. From early to mid game, playing mind control means my opponent likely can't do anything else. MC merely prevents the board from getting worse; it doesn't improve it.

In short, MC is a strong card, but hardly the game breaker everyone is making it out to be.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I mean, at the end of the day bluffs are all good and well but there's a reason mind control is in the running for single best card ever digitally printed. It's a INSTANT UNCONDITIONAL 2 for one that has no drawbacks. The fact that you pitch it to antimatter or resources is not a testament against the card' I agree it isnt a card you want in your hand all the time. But if you have four in your deck you can rely to draw into another one, which is a great thing. Besides, the changed mentality agaisnt elemental only goes so far. Sometimes you're just holding Aeon and have no choice but to drop him, which is where the 4x shows its worth. Or the might run a 4 drop out to bait out the MC.

Yeah, cute idea, might make a deck around it but not a top tier strat in my opinion sorry.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just want to say… to hell with this card.
    I’ve lost a great game last night only because the guy pulled out 3 back to back mind controls every time I out maneuvered him to gain control of the battlefield with an Aeon or a Raven

so yeah. If I was playing an elemental I'd keep using those