Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Beginner Mage (shadow)

Hi there, first of all i want to let you know that English is not my native language! (im dutch!)

I would like some help with the following, i have been playing for a few days now and im really still searching for the deck that suite's me.
    At the moment i have an Shadow mage deck, but i dont know if i got a correct build for that role.

Ill try to post it here what the deck is at the moment;

1x Majiya

4x Deathbone
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    2x Brutalis (mainly sacrifice)
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Fire Snake (again sacrifice)
    1x Shadow Knight
    1x Cobra Demon

4x Fireball
    2x Freezing grip
    1x Poison Gas (mainly vs hero)
    4x Lightning strike
    1x Engulfing flames
    2x Tome of Knowledge
    1x Supernova
    3x Arcane burst
    2x Clinging webs
    1x Here be monsters

This is my deck at the moment, im not really sure if it has the right Set-Up,
    I prefer the spells in the deck but i have the feeling i got a bit 2 many creatures for a mage deck.

Next to this im trying to make plans for my new deck ( just unlocked 2nd slot) and i would like to know what you prefer?
    Warrior
    Hunter
    Mage
    Priest
    ?

This because i want to have a 2nd deck witch playes entirely different, but i have the feeling that the warrior deck isnt really my taste !!!

But anyways i would like some advice on what could be better hehe

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    First of all, you don't want to put cards in your deck just to sacrifice. That's a waste of space. In the early game, you sac the cards you can't use early or the cards that you don't need against the hero you are playing, or if you have alot of the same card in hand, etc... You will learn this as you play but don't put cards in just to sac.

Okay, the deck:

1x Majiya

4x Deathbone. REMOVE 4, PUT IN 3 death mage thaddeus (his ping damage works well with maj her ability to kill 4 health allies)
    4x Infernal Gargoyle REMOVE 1
    2x Brutalis (mainly sacrifice) REMOVE AND ADD 4 Ironhide Karash OR add 2 more bruts if you can't buy karash
    2x Plasma Behemoth ADD ONE MORE, you can change this for 3 other fatties if you like to try other fatties
    4x Fire Snake (again sacrifice) REMOVE
    1x Shadow Knight ADD 3 MORE
    1x Cobra Demon REMOVE
    ADD 3 morbid acolytes
    ADD 3 more fatties if you will use portal (see below) like Burtal Minataur or molten Destroyer

4x Fireball GOOD
    2x Freezing grip If you like, I don't run it in my maj.
    1x Poison Gas (mainly vs hero) REMOVE
    4x Lightning strike GOOD
    1x Engulfing flames REMOVE
    2x Tome of Knowledge ADD 2
    1x Supernova I don't run it, but if you like it, ADD 1 more
    3x Arcane burst REMOVE
    2x Clinging webs If you keep this, perhaps remove freezing touch
    1x Here be monsters REMOVE
    ADD some more draw like sacrificial lamb

Now you want to add 3 or 4 portals, they work magic with maj . You don't have to if you don't like but portal maj is tier 1 hero and you'll get high in rating if you learn to play it.

Druipertje? Dat is wel wat veel info, altijd bescherming gebruiken

EDIT: hmm, I didn't realise but you probably don't have all the cash to buy the suggested cards?
    Last edited by Ron Zacapa; 06-11-2013 at 06:55 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Haha indeed, i dont have the coins etcetera, and the ''free crystals'' arent really awsome in my region

(druipertje doelde eerst op wat anders, vanuit een ander spel, maar heeft zich idd hierna ontwikkeld haha )

But its a nice tip !!

do you also have tips about what decks are fun to play if you like a bit of swarm/spell decks??
    I played allot of Magic: The Gathering, and normally there i played allot of ''Red Aggro'' and ''Goblin'' decks.

So im kinda intresstid if there is something like that in this game possible !

(But thanks for tips, good way to evolve my deck in the future)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have no experience with Magic so can't really help. I don't know which deck in SE could resemble a swarm and if it could be strong with all the board wipes in SE.

But back on your maj, which cards do you have of my suggestions? And how much gold crystals do you have?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    go 1 more shadow knight, got the 2 extr a tome of knowledge , 1 extra supernova
    and i have about 750 G and something like 48 crystals

( how do i earn crystals the best way ? and then thats NOT whit advertisements and stuf.. i only got them where you have 2 pay for haha)

(p.s. jij ben ook NL?)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I upgraded the deck a bit yesterday, i now have 3 morbid acolytes, and a total of 2 shadow knight

I almost got enough Crystals (after lvling up) to get another starter pack, i have the shadow mage + beginner human mage deck.

And if im correct the best option would be a elemental deck? or should i go for something completely different?

I do feel that elemental decks have some more tricks up there sleeve, for getting some health back and stuff.
    Yesterday i tried a game in challenge, pvp , and i went vs an elemental deck and if he didnt heal himself every turn he would be toast :P so annoying haha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    (spreek NL, maar ben Belg)

Yeah, they get pretty annoying sometimes but changing your deck now, would slow your grinding down.
    You get most gold out of an elemental starter pack after selling all the cards so yeah, good choice.

Care to post your current deck? In the beginning I tried some of that free crystal stuff. A year ago, there were some options that worked in our region... If you get a decent deck going you can try and play some noobie tournaments. If you win, you win crystals. But first, let's see your current deck

You can use this if you find this easy: http://sedeck.mygamesonline.org/index.php

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ill try and post my deck here again,
    and see what you think bout it now made some changes but i still have some (crappy ) card in it haha dont have 2 many cash and crystals atm since i bought stuff yesterday (so buying elemental deck is ok for selling i understand?)

( think this is it : http://sedeck.mygamesonline.org/show...2a4b242a154555 )
    Here's the current deck;

1x Majiya (hero)

4x Deathbone
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    2x Brutalis
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    2x Death mage Thaddeus
    2x Shadow Knight

4x Fireball
    2x Freezing Grip
    4x Lighting strike
    4x Tome of knowledge
    2x Supernova
    4x Arcane burst
    2x Clinging webs
    1x Here be Monsters

Thats it for now ! i am still searching for some ways to remove those support thingys and stuff, and i had a look @ some elemental decks, they give that possibility but also take away some so.
    Last edited by druipertje; 06-12-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looking better but you need some more allies.

(cc = casting cost, just thought I'd mention, sorry if you know)
    Try to have 4 2cc allies so 4 brutalis. They should be cheap so add 2 more.
    You have 10 3cc allies, that's good.
    You have 4 fatties. I still think you should try and go for an extra (even 2 extra) Shadow Knight if you can afford it. He is good and is also semi-draw .

So what should you remove to add these allies, I think 2 arcane bursts.

Edit: you have the acolytes? Than remove the death bones for the acolytes!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok thanks i just learned about CC before you posted haha
    thanks anyways.

Ye i do see that i am sometimes in need of Allies, but 2 acolytes at the moment so still pending for the next 2

Still 1 problem remains, sometimes some other players ( in challenge,pvp) are using some anoyying Support things
    and i do not have cards to remove / detroy those. Any tips what i might play like 2x in this deck to do so ?

i guess i can remove some other cards for that !!

* Question 2 :
    I am now able to buy another deck, do you recommend when i do so, buying something completely different for the learning how to play other decks like warrior or something ?? or just keep the crystals for later...