Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

90 card lance deck

Hi there, I have just started playing shadow era in the past few days and I have been steadily climbing the ranks. I come from magic the gathering so I feel like I'm pretty decent when it comes to deck building and play analysis. But today I ran into a lance deck that has me baffled. I ran a majyia deck and got completely blown out of the water. the player himself was very good, played very well, but the deck was insane. It was 90 cards and filled with lots of rare/epic artifacts/support and many high power creatures. My question is, has anyone ran into, or play a similar deck? It blew my mind the draws this guy was getting off a 90 card deck. I figured with so many cards the draw would be mediocre, but that obviously was not the case. I was wondering if there might be a deck list, or an explication as to the composition of such a deck?
    Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't put too much thought into it. Sometimes luck is a bigger factor in a game than usual. Unless your opponent has a pretty good win percentage, I would discount large decks as actually being good. An exception to this would be solo Moonstalker decks which I've seen run up to as high as 70 cards and still be decent.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tzykid View Post
    Hi there, I have just started playing shadow era in the past few days and I have been steadily climbing the ranks. I come from magic the gathering so I feel like I'm pretty decent when it comes to deck building and play analysis. But today I ran into a lance deck that has me baffled. I ran a majyia deck and got completely blown out of the water. the player himself was very good, played very well, but the deck was insane. It was 90 cards and filled with lots of rare/epic artifacts/support and many high power creatures. My question is, has anyone ran into, or play a similar deck? It blew my mind the draws this guy was getting off a 90 card deck. I figured with so many cards the draw would be mediocre, but that obviously was not the case. I was wondering if there might be a deck list, or an explication as to the composition of such a deck?
    Thanks
    He probably got lucky. Imagine the best 30 cards of his deck being placed on top. That's probably what happened.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    heh
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011